Member Profile - Shav *07 Liberty GT Premium*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Shav

Postby chris12 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:55 pm

I know I'm in the minority, but I like the Speedys. :)

The ROH's are probably my favourites, just not on our cars.
chris12

Car: VW Golf GTI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24279

Postby shav » Tue May 19, 2015 3:58 pm

chris12 wrote:I know I'm in the minority, but I like the Speedys. :)

haha. Your opinion is still welcome though Chris. I dont mind the speedy's either and if they were priced the same as the Ultrex's I would seriously be considering them. But I have a feeling they were around the $230-$250 per wheel mark last time I checked. The Ultrex RS wheels though are just too good to pass up for that price hence the reason they are on top of the leader board.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby ferret89 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:14 pm

shav wrote:Im trying to make my car look like a sedan version of Tallis's car

That looks to me like the Ultrex RS specs which I had on my 04 GT, no rolled guards with 225/40 tyres and they fit perfectly with no scrubbing. I think it's ideal for a no fuss fit that still looks aggressive... if that is the look you are going for then grab the RS for that awesome price

BTW: Check nut fitment for your spare wheel, when I bought aftermarket nuts with my Ultrex RS they didn't fit the stock spare wheel. Or just buy 5 rims
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby shav » Tue May 19, 2015 6:40 pm

ferret89 wrote:
shav wrote:Im trying to make my car look like a sedan version of Tallis's car

That looks to me like the Ultrex RS specs which I had on my 04 GT, no rolled guards with 225/40 tyres and they fit perfectly with no scrubbing. I think it's ideal for a no fuss fit that still looks aggressive... if that is the look you are going for then grab the RS for that awesome price

BTW: Check nut fitment for your spare wheel, when I bought aftermarket nuts with my Ultrex RS they didn't fit the stock spare wheel. Or just buy 5 rims

You're a legend Daniel. Thanks heaps for the advice regarding the wheel nuts. I didnt think of that. Should I just keep 5 of my old wheel nuts in the boot of my car then? Im not sure what a 5th RS wheel will cost.

EDIT: 5th wheel costs $165
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby BigBCalais » Tue May 19, 2015 7:13 pm

I would roll guards to be safe, for the sake of $80 I'd rather do it than destroy a tire :)
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby shav » Tue May 19, 2015 7:49 pm

BigBCalais wrote:I would roll guards to be safe, for the sake of $80 I'd rather do it than destroy a tire :)

That's a fair call.

Just been in touch with Rob from Ultrex. I was enquiring about a 5th wheel to make it a full set seeing as the OEM wheelnuts will not fit the Ultrex wheels. All up with 5th wheel, new forged nuts and postage = $1021
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Shaheenis » Tue May 19, 2015 9:32 pm

EDIT: Changed my mind. Nothing to see here.
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Postby McDoof » Wed May 20, 2015 7:14 am

I think for a bit over 1K delivered for 5 wheels with new nuts, you are getting pretty good bang for your buck. Pull the trigger. :D
McDoof

Car: MY05 3.0R SpecB 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26449

Postby shav » Wed May 20, 2015 10:43 am

Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Ultrex easily gets my vote, I've gone into wheel places and seen those King Wheels and imo they look better in pictures... Not a bad looking wheel but I like the Ultrex shape a lot more, and that's a good price you quoted before.

Just my 2c. :)
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby shav » Wed May 20, 2015 1:10 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Ultrex easily gets my vote, I've gone into wheel places and seen those King Wheels and imo they look better in pictures... Not a bad looking wheel but I like the Ultrex shape a lot more, and that's a good price you quoted before.

Just my 2c. :)

Thanks kelvin. I agree, but like anything I buy I need to do my research on all options before I pull the trigger. It's just the way I do things. As you and many others know, a wheel choice can make or break the look of the car. Not saying the RS rims will because a lot already have them. But it doesnt hurt to look at any alternatives to be 100% sure.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby BigBCalais » Wed May 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Ultrex rs still gets my vote, neither of the two wheel deal wheels really looked particularly great. I think the ultrex design is really good for the specs and price!
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Postby shav » Wed May 20, 2015 5:14 pm

BigBCalais wrote:Ultrex rs still gets my vote, neither of the two wheel deal wheels really looked particularly great. I think the ultrex design is really good for the specs and price!

Thanks mate, Im thinking the same. I've just come back from BJ's to enquire about tyres. Spent some time also looking at their rim options.

The ROH Korsa I can get for $219per rim 18x8 +45. Nuts caps included. It's a personal choice at the end of the day. Looking at it again, Im not 100% sold on the Korsa rims to be honest. Not sure if it's because they look a bit spaced out between spokes or what.

The 18x8 Touchdown SA-1 rims are very similar to the Korsa rims but has chrome rivets on the inner face of the rim. They can do them for $260per wheel. But to me its a glorified Korsa. A lot extra just for some rivets.

I enquired about the Stance SC-7's which I absolutely love the look of, but at $400 a wheel I couldnt justify the cost to the wife. I may as well go a custom fit Koya if my budget went that high.

Basically, what Im trying to do is get a price for a set of 5 wheels and 5 tyres, then sell off my Spec B rims as a full set of 5 to recoupe some costs. (I already have a buyer for the Spec B rims) and I'm trying to get the look I want with quality rubber for 2k or less initially.

The guy was trying to sell me some XXR's but with the crappy offsets I just dont want to have to spend truck loads on guard rolling and huge amounts of camber.

I also enquired about the 19" wheel and tyre options and basically was disappointed with the price of 19" tyres. Again another non justification on price for 1" bigger wheel.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby shav » Wed May 20, 2015 5:33 pm

On the subject of Koya's, what are ppl's thoughts on the ISR7's?
http://www.koya.com.au/cars/isr7-18custom-fit/

OR Koya R5 Machined dished?
http://www.koya.com.au/cars/r5-17-18-19-custom-fit/

Basically when I calculate the price difference to get the Ultrex RS with tyres - set of 5 $1967
Koyas with tyres - set of 5 $2096

Main differences are a 5 spoke matt black finish as opposed to a multi spoke matt black finish, as well as the Koya's being quality built custom wheel and additional $130 price difference. BJ's can get them in but arent interest in getting in Ultrex.

Will they suit my car at stock height?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby peadya100 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:24 pm

I'm a huge fan of 5 spokes!!
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks