Member Profile - Shav *07 Liberty GT Premium*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Shav *new wheels pg33*

Postby shav » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Not much to report other than getting a resi fitted to the exhaust system. The car sounds more quiet at low speeds (60kph) when cruising. But you can still hear the deep burble of the exhaust just. At 100kph, the db levels are only slightly lower at cruising speed than before. But there is less drone. At WOT you can hear the system nicely but it's not in your face like it used to be. Overall I feel there is a 10-15% noise reduction but more so at lower speeds. It's a more pleasant, sporty tone now. The muffler used is a s/s Magnaflow resi similar to below with a 3" in/out.

Also took my stock OEM front springs into Aurora (Industrial Springs) here in Adelaide to get them reset. Looking at a 15-20mm drop in car height at the front so that when I fit the OEM rear springs back in, the car will sit more level and still maintain stock ride quality. Cost for this is $88. Keen to see how it all looks once fitted.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Love your attention to detail Shav, hope it all goes well. :good:
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby shav » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:33 pm

KelvinTaylor88 wrote:Love your attention to detail Shav, hope it all goes well. :good:

Thanks mate, so do I. haha
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Shaheenis » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:20 pm

Nice Shav, how much for the Magnaflow? Do you have Ultrex twin or single tip muffs? I like the twins but think they are WRX and would need modifying.
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Postby shav » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:50 pm

Shaheenis wrote:Nice Shav, how much for the Magnaflow? Do you have Ultrex twin or single tip muffs? I like the twins but think they are WRX and would need modifying.

Hi Tim, supply and fit of resi cost me $250. I have Ultrex single tip mufflers. I originally wanted the twin tips but have gotten used to the singles now and am not bothered changing them.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Archie01 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:06 pm

Nice one Shav :)
I ended up putting on a straight through resi in the centre instead of a straight through mid muffler after the exhaust place suggested I do this instead.
A few members here have mid mufflers which is why I ended up getting one to fit but oh well....
So fwiw if anyone is after a straight through 3" ss magnaflow muffler for cheap let me know.
Archie01

Car: MY05 Liberty Wagon GT Auto

Postby shav » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:31 am

Archie01 wrote:Nice one Shav :)
I ended up putting on a straight through resi in the centre instead of a straight through mid muffler after the exhaust place suggested I do this instead.
A few members here have mid mufflers which is why I ended up getting one to fit but oh well....
So fwiw if anyone is after a straight through 3" ss magnaflow muffler for cheap let me know.

Thanks mate. Well I asked the exhaust guy for a mid muffler and he pointed me towards the unit as pictured above. He seemed to think this is the best option. At first he wanted me to fit one of those gonzo pipes and I was intrigued by the concept of it, but decided against it as I read that I may need a retune afterward.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby McDoof » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:03 am

What did you have in there before, Shav?
McDoof

Car: MY05 3.0R SpecB 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26449

Postby shav » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:15 am

McDoof wrote:What did you have in there before, Shav?

Nothing. Just the mid pipe I got from Ultrex. The only thing that was baffling the noise is the rear mufflers. Now it's just a bit more sedate but still nice.

Also, my springs are ready to be picked up. Should be fitted Thursday next week.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Encino Man » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Shav,
As mentioned above, love the attention to detail. Still need to see this beast in person! But interested to see how the springs turned out??

Cas
Encino Man

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0RB

Postby shav » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Encino Man wrote:Shav,
As mentioned above, love the attention to detail. Still need to see this beast in person! But interested to see how the springs turned out??

Cas

Hi Cas,
At the moment I have just fitted the stock springs back in with no adjustment. I needed them back in sooner rather than later due to a little altercation and had no time to get the front springs properly adjusted. But I will eventually get it done.

Thanks for your comments. They are truly appreciated
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Gonzo pipe = side branch resonator?

Or...???
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby shav » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:04 am

bigBADbenny wrote:Gonzo pipe = side branch resonator?

Or...???

Na I avoided the Gonzo pipe and went the Magnaflow as per above picture. It did drop the DB levels down at cruise speends below 80kph.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Riffnugget » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:26 am

Hey Shav, I'm in love with your car... you've done everything perfect!

A few quick questions, I'm looking at the same dump pipe from Invidia for $799
What was the performance improvement like after installing it? I too have an auto.

Also, I'm looking at the same Dba t2 rotors and Intima ss pads... do they give off much brake dust? Any squealing at all?
My pads squeal and give off a ridiculous amount of brake dust hence my want to upgrade.

And would you recommend to a stock GT-B owner like me upgrading the intercooler while keeping the stock turbo like you did?

Very much appreciated, thanks!

Ethan
Riffnugget

Car: Subaru Liberty GT Spec B MY07
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30657

Postby ferret89 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:52 am

Riffnugget wrote:Hey Shav, I'm in love with your car... you've done everything perfect!

A few quick questions, I'm looking at the same dump pipe from Invidia for $799
What was the performance improvement like after installing it? I too have an auto.

Also, I'm looking at the same Dba t2 rotors and Intima ss pads... do they give off much brake dust? Any squealing at all?
My pads squeal and give off a ridiculous amount of brake dust hence my want to upgrade.

And would you recommend to a stock GT-B owner like me upgrading the intercooler while keeping the stock turbo like you did?

Very much appreciated, thanks!

Ethan

I'm not Shav, but I might be able to help with a few of your questions.

1) Invidia Dump Pipe is a great performance mod, keep in mind that it must be paired with a tune to be safe. You will see very noticeable improvements from these so highly recommended

2) I wouldn't recommend upgrading your intercooler with the stock turbo, I don't think it gives many gains or real benefits on such a small turbo for the price it costs. Stick with stock until it is no longer effective enough in my opinion
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods