Matt's SH9 Forester XT

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Matt's SH9 Forester XT

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:18 pm

So, finally thought I should start with a build thread on my wifes XT(maybe throw in some pics of my other projects as well, hahaha)

Bought the car in 2011 from North Brisbane, the factory tune lasted until Ballina which was an entire tank of fuel for around 270Km's... the wife wanted to be able to feel the difference from stock and gave it a good thrashing to feel how the engine responded(or lack thereof) with a stock tune...

The handling was also prioritised for upgrading due to the car handling like a sinking Titanic :D

So with a design brief formulated, the car was dyno tuned on a local Mainline dyno with around 50 hours logged in 3 months before I finally got off my ass and fitted my '11 WRX STi sedan rear mufflers as a diff back upgrade, with 09/10 STi Exhaust Finishers to cover the enlarged hole in the rear bumper. Had a small increase in gas flow for minimal noise increase :)

The obligatory Whiteline Rear Swaybar was fitted, along with the Whiteline ALK for some improved steering response. Coffs Harbour has 27 roundabouts in our local area so it also helps reduce tyre wear! haha

From here, I fitted some 18x9.5" Wheels, which unfortunately were not practical as my wifes car, so have since bought 19x8" TSW Mallory 5's with Falken FK452's!

So with a TBE system on the cards, I finally fitted a full Invidia Q300 Turbo Back Exhaust for an MY11 'STi with Quad Titanium Tips

Aiming for an extremely moderate increase in exhaust noise at cruise/idle, with a small increase in noise under WOT. STi Exhaust trim finishers to go back on once I finish spraying them in VHT Wrinkle Black
Tips are currently flush with the furthermost rear part of the car and the burnt blue tips match the colour of the car!

TSW Mallory 5 Wheels :)

Small pic of the colour of the exhaust tips against the colour of the car! Nearly a perfect match.

KiDo coilover suspension :)

Everything installed!

Car is currently running the factory TD04 turbo to test my E85 dual fuel mapping system(E85 and 98 on the same tune :beta:) and with the little TD04 being pushed hard on E85, has made a Mainline 233Kw@wheels :) Pump fuel tune has run a 13.27 1/4 mile and I am aiming for a high 12 1/4 mile on E85 :clapping:

I have a new turbo to go on next year to really test the limits of the factory block ;) Blouch LOVE!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Re: Matt's SH9 Forester XT

Postby imania » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Nice work Matt, although I'm sure no-one is surprised with the results :lol:
imania

Car: 2007 Liberty GT Tuned by STi

Postby SH30RB » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 pm

looking great matt!

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Bought the car in 2011 from North Brisbane, the factory tune lasted until Ballina

:lol: for those that dont know, North Brisbane to Ballina is only about a 2.5 / 3hour drive

KiDo_Tuning wrote: E85 dual fuel mapping system(E85 and 98 on the same tune :beta:)

This sounds very interesting, hopefully it works out for you Matt as i can see plenty of people willing to try it out for themselves
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 pm

I wanted to retune before we even got to Helensvale haha!

E85 patch has been a long time coming, fully tested on on the Foz including implementing SI Drive :)

imania wrote:Nice work Matt, although I'm sure no-one is surprised with the results :lol:

My wife is surprised... when it breaks traction in 3rd :lol:

KiDo_Tuning

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 pm

My 3.5L V6 FWD N14 Pulsar SSS

How it began:
Originally a worked SR motor with 206Kw@wheels... but I got sick of the 6000+rpm powerband it needed to move lol.
Torque is where its at and for torque, you need more cubes!

Engine out time!

Stripped the stock SR20 engine bay loom for all the signals I wanted and meant I could use the stock wiring loom if I ever have any future wiring loom issues :)

One VQ35 Nissan Altima V6 engine from the USA with a 6 speed manual HLSD gearbox

A custom Quartermaster 7.25" Twin disc clutch assembly and 7.25" flywheel that uses an auto flex plate as a washer between the mini flywheel and the crank to engage the starter motor and give a signal to the crankshaft position sensor

The motor was rebuilt using featherweight custom pistons and rods, along with Kelford C Spec cams(lumpier than laxative chocolate coated peanuts) and new headgaskets designed to flow water onto the exhaust valves first :)
The front bank cylinder head was also machined to move the intake cam shaft position sensor onto the exhaust camshaft to give an accurate crank to cam signal due to the Inlet cam having variable valve timing

Since a Nissan 2L SR20DE engine uses one 65mm throttle body that would rev to 7000rpm, I figured a pair of them in parallel feeding a 3.5L V6 that spins to 9300rpm was not exactly going to be a restriction :biggrin:
Yes, it sounds like the 7 gates of hell have opened and a demonic horde has been unleashed on full throttle :lol:

So with the freshly built motor assembled, it was time to get out the Vaseline, shoehorn, KY Jelly and some muscle to get the engine in the engine bay...

Next was a serious brake upgrade:
These are 350Z Track front brakes, with DBA4000's and EBC Red Stuff pads using Maxima front hubs
Rear brakes are still stock calipers, with machined Maxima hubs and rotors to allow a 5 stud conversion. I chose to keep the rear brake setup stock, as the car is practically lifting the rear wheels on braking due to a lack of weight in the rear and since I chose to keep the factory 2 channel ABS system, if the rear left wheel locks up... the rear left wheel and front right wheel brake line pressure is released. Not exactly confidence inspiring!

Nissan Murano 18"x8" wheels were bought cheap on eBay and fitted with tyres. Came up looking sweet, the curve in the wheel spokes actually matches the SSS Badge lol

Engine and wheels fitted!

Progress picture on fixing the bodywork

Yes, the car is NSW street registered and has passed every single defect inspection with flying colours.

Future mods?
none required!

KiDo_Tuning

Postby cruisn » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 pm

SSS is balls out stealthy goodness. :good:
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Great stuff! 8) :shock: :nyam:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:55 pm

cruisn wrote:SSS is balls out stealthy goodness. :good:

That was a major part of the build criteria. Plenty of local V8 owner's have cried into their XXXX's

bigBADbenny wrote:Great stuff! 8) :shock: :nyam:

As you probably have seen, photographer I am not!

KiDo_Tuning

Postby brainy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:01 pm

What sort of power is the VQ putting out?

What are u using to tune it?

Yes, i admit, i miss my VQ's...
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

brainy wrote:What sort of power is the VQ putting out?

What are u using to tune it?

Yes, i admit, i miss my VQ's...

511Hp@9300 on an engine dyno with E85. Using an R34 RB25DET NEO ECU with a daughterboard for programming and setting up the VCT etc, cam triggers notch, VQ30 flywheel for crank signal and allowed twin cable throttles since a DBW throttle was not big enough to breathe.

Plenty of guys in the USA running high 11's on stock VQ swaps! Shooting for a cage with mine!

KiDo_Tuning

Postby Zaccy182 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:03 pm

What a awesome build thread! :)

buuut where is the s206?? :D
[ 05 Liberty GT 5MT Wagon ]
240,000kms -mostly stock- going strong
Tune by Matt from KiDo | COBB short shifter + kartboy bushings | Whiteline sway bars | GFB respons BOV | K&N panel filter | eBay 3" cat-back to 2.5" Y pipe exhaust | 8000k HIDs | Lenso 17" Project D Spec B wheels
Zaccy182

Car: 05 GT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18204

Postby Tradewind » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Very interesting

You got some ability there lad!

You and I need to catch up sometime, tried calling you a few times without luck last week
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby Boostaddict » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Loooovvvee the Foz.... Auto or manual??

That SSS is something else..... I love left of centre stuff. It must be an animal!! Whats the traction or lack thereof like!!
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
Boostaddict

Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Zaccy182 wrote:What a awesome build thread! :)

buuut where is the s206?? :D

S206 is just a shell right now, just had a PBMS cage fitted

KiDo_Tuning

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Tradewind wrote:Very interesting

You got some ability there lad!

You and I need to catch up sometime, tried calling you a few times without luck last week

Cheers!

Txt me first, can let you know when I am free :)

KiDo_Tuning

Next

Return to Post your mods