Member profile - agan

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member profile - agan

Postby agan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:54 pm

kennysti wrote:Nice one Patrick! Looking very clean so far. Just on the topic of exhausts, When I had my ultrex system and phat DP done I was running the 4" single tip mufflers and it was actually a nice and reasonably comfortable volume even on my wagon. As soon as I went to the twin tips it was crazy loud (remember my twin tips are even bigger than yours at dual 3" a side!!!) I'm confident with a stock centre and just my mufflers it would be a nice volume but I really want the flow for my power mods. Might be something to consider if you arent chasing super big numbers, just put the stock centre back on and see how it goes?

Hey Jacob. Ok thanks for that - Incidentally I was thinking the same thing. I went to Mettams in Morley and they've suggested swapping the muffs back to stock for me to drive to Esperance for my roadtrip (and come back with eardrums still intact). So they'll fit them on tomorrow morning and see what happens. After my roadtrip we'll re-evaluate.

I guess its more than likely that it's the muffs that are loud. From that standpoint its hard to tell what kind of packing is in them, etc etc.

So IF it is really the mufflers...I have a few options:

1. Stay with the stock mufflers (not sure if this presents restriction problems)...But my uncle in Singapore did just the dump and a tune..and had excellent driveability.

2. Go to STI quad setup ...Love the looks plus the nice sound it has..BUT its kind of try hard because you can see the "STI" imprints on the tips..so thats kinda off putting..but the sound is tempting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLqvYJg4Vcw

3. Explore other options. They have suggested X-Force. From the few videos I've seen they sound tinny, but its hard to tell from phone cameras. Estimated muffler costs $500 for non-varex and almost $900-$1k for the Varex ones (not a firm quote at this point as I didn't ask any further just yet). Somehow..not as nice sounding as the stock STI muffs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4l1yJBOWnQ

4. Forget about the bloody quads look and just go to an ulrex dual tip (non-quad) system.

Ideas?
MY08 GT Spec.B Diamond Grey Sedan
agan

Car: MY08 GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18369

Postby agan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:55 pm

d-chang wrote:It's only now you have a profile Patrick?! :lol:

Ahhh surrounded by so many boosted cars!! I need an upgrade!

Hey Dan yeah..just never got around to doing one up...too busy perving at everyone else's :D
agan

Postby agan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:56 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:I want the same as I love the sound of the STi mufflers but want the extra flow. Heard his with the stock mufflers and it sounds a little raspier than stock from the outside but still very quiet.

Agreed. The STI sounds are nice arent they!
agan

Postby agan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Update: I've installed the stock muffs back on for now...and its bloody nice though I do miss the rumble. Will be a pleasant drive to Esperance.

Compared to stock though the engine sounds different (more raw) as it has that dump and 3" centre pipe etc.

On the lookout for STI quads...they will give that discreet note I'm looking for (would love to find a way to scrub off the sti imprints tho). And when Bryce goes through his massive list I'll get my turn and I'm done for now unless I start chasing bigger numbers. I suspect when that happens it will be time for a TMIC and perhaps larger turbo.
agan

Postby Bezzza » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:44 pm

agan wrote:Update: I've installed the stock muffs back on for now...and its bloody nice though I do miss the rumble. Will be a pleasant drive to Esperance.

Compared to stock though the engine sounds different (more raw) as it has that dump and 3" centre pipe etc.

On the lookout for STI quads...they will give that discreet note I'm looking for (would love to find a way to scrub off the sti imprints tho). And when Bryce goes through his massive list I'll get my turn and I'm done for now unless I start chasing bigger numbers. I suspect when that happens it will be time for a TMIC and perhaps larger turbo.

No need to scrub the STi, it's not like putting them on a Toyota or different car. They are on a Subaru so wear the STi with pride I say :D
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Postby agan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 am

LOL Ian. I shall keep that in mind. STI with pride :D
agan

Member profile - agan

Postby JDGT05 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:40 am

I rep it on my rims ;) even though for anyone in the know they clearly aren't haha. Just buy some sti engine gear that'll make it acceptable!
Now driving the mighty 86 :)
JDGT05

Car: STI Spec Forester
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14065

Postby agan » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:35 am

JDGT05 wrote:I rep it on my rims ;) even though for anyone in the know they clearly aren't haha. Just buy some sti engine gear that'll make it acceptable!

heh...guess I'll be one of those STI wanabes. LOL

If I can't find second hand ones, a last resort will be to get them from Japan. Still want quads look..so options are limited...Corazon, STI etc..are mostly within the $1.1-1.3k bracket. And that's a lot of coin! We'll see :D
agan

Postby d-chang » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:54 am

Hey Patrick!

You mentioned in your 'mods' page that you performed the full LED treatment to your car? Your brake lights... what bulbs do you use? Coz remember how Ian was mentioning on my car that my lights are pretty dim. I just got the VLEDs from the US yesterday, installed them on the car... but they look the same (as in brightness) to the ones I had before...

The other person that I know that has done the same sort of treatment to his car is Kieran... I might msg him as well... don't know if there is any difference in bulb types to the pre and post face lift Libs... pretty sure they still use the same type of bulb (7443 or 7440 - can't remember)..
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby agan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Hey Dan. Mine should be the ones that Leo sent me. Don't remember the specs tho haha. My LED indicators came from a bloke in Perth who also did up the angel eyes. PM me if you want the Perth bloke's deets.  Think Leo also has some newer ones which are super bright I think 

agan

Postby d-chang » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:50 pm

That's the ones I run now, from VLEDs... But they seem to be the same as the ones I had before? In the process, I dropped my old bulb down into the bumper... will ask the guys that will be repairing my car next week to keep a look out! :lol:

As for the indicators... did you get the resister and wiring done by this guy too? When I did mine, I had hyper flash! But following Kieran's walkthrough... it was put in the 'too hard' basket... haha!
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby agan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Yeah that bloke did the resistors for the LED indicators as well. I am completely useless at DIY stuff,so... LOL.
agan

Postby agan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Just got this on Friday from Torpedo.

Will be installed Tuesday at Mettams. Hopefully goes ok with the 3" dump and centre pipe noise wise.

Will need to clean it a bit too..will probably do it after the install. Thinking of just cleaning the tips and maybe muff cans that face the rear. shortcut. LOL. Tips for cleaning them anyone? Had suggestions ranging from brillo to mothers to every other brand worth of metal polish. That's for the "later on pile" haha.
agan

Postby Kekotic » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:40 pm

agan wrote:Yeah that bloke did the resistors for the LED indicators as well. I am completely useless at DIY stuff,so... LOL.

Get'r done son.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Bezzza » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:40 am

agan wrote:Just got this on Friday from Torpedo.

Will be installed Tuesday at Mettams. Hopefully goes ok with the 3" dump and centre pipe noise wise.

Will need to clean it a bit too..will probably do it after the install. Thinking of just cleaning the tips and maybe muff cans that face the rear. shortcut. LOL. Tips for cleaning them anyone? Had suggestions ranging from brillo to mothers to every other brand worth of metal polish. That's for the "later on pile" haha.

Very nice Patrick :good: Should hopefully make it a bit quiter for you and from all accounts a lovely boxer tone!
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods