Member Profile - Jack_Keaka

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Jack_Keaka

Postby Azzo28 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:06 pm

I agree, bonnet struts and door scuffs look good. Love the look of the gen 3's with the extra lights in the rear garnish hooked up. Good stuff mate.
2001 Liberty Heritage. RFRB grill sprayed Matt black, front lip, legacy rear garnish, LED rear number plate lights, lowered on ISC N1 coilovers, Rota Grid 18x8.5 in Matt black, rolled front and rear guards, HID's, tints and clear side indicators.
Azzo28

Car: 2001 Liberty Heritage

Postby Jack_Keaka » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Azzo28 wrote:I agree, bonnet struts and door scuffs look good. Love the look of the gen 3's with the extra lights in the rear garnish hooked up. Good stuff mate.

:mrgreen: thanks mate! yeah ill never know why Australia changed it to just the outside lights!
Boostaddict wrote:Holy shit.... I want a gen 3 again!!!! :D
Jack_Keaka

Car: Nissan Skyline R33 + R36 Passat
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18091

Postby Jack_Keaka » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Jack_Keaka

Postby JKeep2.5i » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:21 pm

very nice jack i have seen your car around on the fb page and silver thread i think? i really like the direction your car is heading!! loving your gen 3 :D
MY04 Liberty 2.5i wagon 5MT[Team White]P plates
surfsnowsubarus
JKeep2.5i
-stickered-

Car: MY04 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14989

Postby Jack_Keaka » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:30 pm

JKeep2.5i wrote:very nice jack i have seen your car around on the fb page and silver thread i think? i really like the direction your car is heading!! loving your gen 3 :D

haha thanks mate! Facebook yes but i haven't posted or even been in the 'silver thread' yet. might pop a pic in there though
Jack_Keaka

Postby Jack_Keaka » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:06 pm

First post updated to include new intake and catch can! looks a bit rough so I'm going to neaten it up some time. just really wanted to see if i could do it.
also its as loud as any exhaust. sounds like any other 4 banger but thats what it is really...
Jack_Keaka

Postby cruisn » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Do you like less power?

All that pod is doing in that location is sucking in nice hot air. If you must have a pod, get it down in the inner guard....
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Jack_Keaka » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:59 pm

cruisn wrote:Do you like less power?

All that pod is doing in that location is sucking in nice hot air. If you must have a pod, get it down in the inner guard....

no it has the exact same amount of power. which is none. i had it in the inner guard and its just as warm. on an N/A its makes little to no difference. buuut in saying that i was thinking of swapping over for a B4 bonnet just for some fresh air. it will make no difference. also if i get the B4 bonnet i can make a housing for it so its not so illegal.

seriously it makes no difference. i have the stock inlet there so it does get circulation to some extent.
Jack_Keaka

Postby cruisn » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 am

Trust me, after a bit of heat soak you will make less power, but it may not be that noticeable.
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Jack_Keaka » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:17 pm

cruisn wrote:Trust me, after a bit of heat soak you will make less power, but it may not be that noticeable.

Ok, well I'll be driving it around for a bit so I'll be able to tell if it does once the engine gets up to temp. In the case it is noticeable I'll get a B4 bonnet or change is back to it being in the wheel arch. But I tell you the throttle response is pretty noticeably quicker, give it a hit at 2700rpm and it kicks a bit. Oem it didn't hit any torque until 3500+

Thanks mark
Jack_Keaka

Postby AB501UT!0N » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Jack_Keaka wrote:
cruisn wrote:Trust me, after a bit of heat soak you will make less power, but it may not be that noticeable.

Ok, well I'll be driving it around for a bit so I'll be able to tell if it does once the engine gets up to temp. In the case it is noticeable I'll get a B4 bonnet or change is back to it being in the wheel arch. But I tell you the throttle response is pretty noticeably quicker, give it a hit at 2700rpm and it kicks a bit. Oem it didn't hit any torque until 3500+

Thanks mark

Very interesting... :)

And make sure you dont drive through any puddles with the pod down in the wheel arch/front bar otherwise your lovely engine could inhale some water!

And can you post up pics once you get the catch can done, Thanks
jakey wrote:.... goshgollywingwong

Jack_Keaka wrote:the process of chris getting his parts as follows: :yahoo: :mrgreen: :? :close_tema: :shock: :( :cry: :angry2: :skull:
AB501UT!0N

Car: Subaru Liberty Heritage 2000

Postby Da4sti3 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:56 pm

Need to put up a video so I can hear how loud it is.
I'm sure ppl would agree with that I'm curious to kno what it sounds like.

I can imagine tho I had a ford falcon before and it's intake was in the front so I put a pod on like urs it was getting fed fresh air thru the grill so was good for the car and induction sound was awesome.
I coulld hear it inside the car too
That was the only good thing about that car

I also in my falcon noticed the throttle response that it made was quicker

Also I know what ur talking about in the lib my gen 4 has no guts til 3500rpm either if that gives low end throttle response I'll sacrifice a few kws for the quicker feeling apposed to the top end grunt as long as u don't notice temps going too high or up at all
Last edited by Da4sti3 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM RED 2.5i 05 Sedan
Da4sti3

Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i 5 speed
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16154

Postby AB501UT!0N » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:07 am

Da4sti3 wrote:Need to put up a video so I can hear how loud it is.
I'm sure ppl would agree with that I'm curious to kno what it sounds like.

I can imagine tho I had a ford falcon before and it's intake was in the front so I put a pod on like urs it was getting fed fresh air thru the grill so was good for the car and induction sound was awesome.
I coulld hear it inside the car too
That was the only good thing about that car

Haha only good thing hey, I had a falcon wagon and on dirt roads it was so much fun drifting :P

Jack_Keaka wrote:the process of chris getting his parts as follows: :yahoo: :mrgreen: :? :close_tema: :shock: :( :cry: :angry2: :skull:
AB501UT!0N

Postby Jack_Keaka » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Well after a couple days now the loudness is a little too lound? Throttle is definately more responsive which is why I did it, but I'm not sure if I like the sound. But I'll try to put a vid anyway. Chris you can see the catch in the pic but I'll put up a second one. Also I have found that I may need the catch that has the filter ontop so it can suck in air.
Jack_Keaka

Postby AB501UT!0N » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Jack_Keaka wrote:Well after a couple days now the loudness is a little too lound? Throttle is definately more responsive which is why I did it, but I'm not sure if I like the sound. But I'll try to put a vid anyway. Chris you can see the catch in the pic but I'll put up a second one. Also I have found that I may need the catch that has the filter ontop so it can suck in air.

Thanks for the pics just had a look and it looks good and can I ask why you installed it, and yes I'm a noob :P

AB501UT!0N

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods