Member Profile - Bezzza

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Bezzza

Postby jslayz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:13 am

Mmmm progress!!

Was it a split CV boot spraying the grease on your dump pipe?

J
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby Bezzza » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:20 am

jslayz wrote:Mmmm progress!!

J

Yep split CV boot was the culprit. No internal damage was done which was a big relief!

Thanks Shav. It's going to be very nice to have a brand new set of suspension in the car, a bonus being the shockworks!
The other bits and pieces have been lying around for too long now, need to pull the finger out and get them in the car :lol:
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Postby shav » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:15 am

Bezzza wrote:
jslayz wrote:Mmmm progress!!

J

Yep split CV boot was the culprit. No internal damage was done which was a big relief!

Thanks Shav. It's going to be very nice to have a brand new set of suspension in the car, a bonus being the shockworks!
The other bits and pieces have been lying around for too long now, need to pull the finger out and get them in the car :lol:

I had the same outcome with the CV boot too Ian. Happened after I ftted my suspension. Moly grease all over my driveway when I got home. My mechanic towed the car to his workshop and replaced it free of charge. But I will be looking at heat wrapping the dump to help reduce the heat over the cv boot. I reckon that is whats causing the premature disintegration.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Bezzza » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Am looking into the ceramic coating too for the dump. Every little bit helps I guess in reducing heat within the engine bay!
Bezzza

Postby shav » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Bezzza wrote:Am looking into the ceramic coating too for the dump. Every little bit helps I guess in reducing heat within the engine bay!

Thats a good idea. Certainly a neater option than header wrap.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:01 am

The mod has more to do with keeping heat in the headers, than engine bay heat.
Its definitely a performance mod :P
(If the undertray has some extra shielding applied to it or is deleted altogether its perfectly feasible to run unshielded, uncoated etc headers.)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: Member Profile - Bezzza - Shockworks Equiped!

Postby Bezzza » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:00 am

Hello all,

So my Shockworks finally got fully installed by myself and i promptly drove down to have the Whiteline KCA313 kit and a good wheel alignment done.
Cannot thank the guys at Wheels World in Osborne Park enough! I asked if they could go over my handy work with the spanner and sockets to double check everything was tight and correct. The guy who did the work said that many of the bolts were loose however i think this was more the short drive loosening things up rather then myself not tightening (i was "swinging" on the lower mount bolts it felt like!!!).

They set the height at 350mm front and 355mm rear, centre of wheel to wheel arch. Also camber was just below 2 on the front and at 1 on the rears. Car height is slightly lower then stock but far from being "dumped". Still a healthy gap between tyre and arch and, IMO, it looks aggressive without being silly.

Car is impressive in terms of ride comfort and turn in and through the corners. Car sits nice and flat now and any slight input of the wheel is put directly to the road. Also pitching under accelaration and braking is noticeably reduced. After the wheel alignment and the test drive by the workshop guy, he was seriusly impressed with the car and shocks :lol: Makes you feel good knowing he has driven 1st place rally cars that come through the workshop on a regular basis.

Only down fall i can feel is the tyres are letting the car down slightly. I think it's time for a new set of rubber or at least matching tyres on all 4 corners.
Hopefully have aquired a 5th RPF1 in correct size so may get the tyres done at the same time.

Big thanks to Owen for organising the Shockworks and all the effort he put in. Couldn't be happer with my purchase :good:

Ian
Bezzza

Postby shav » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:09 am

Great work ian. Sounds like your going to have a lot of fun with this new setup.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby jslayz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:35 am

Good to hear!
Now...... enjoy!
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby Bezzza » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:53 am

Definitly enjoying trying to find that "limit" of the car now haha!
When pushed the car feels more "lively" like it wants to break away a touch when right on the edge, just back off a touch and it's straight back inline though :)

Already wanting to try experiment a little with turns of the adjusters to see if I can notice a difference in the cars behaviour.
Bezzza

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:30 am

I cant imagine getting even close with 235 pzero assymetrico corsas... :mrgreen:
bigBADbenny

Postby Bezzza » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:37 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:I cant imagine getting even close with 235 pzero assymetrico corsas... :mrgreen:

As i said above, the tyres i feel are letting me down now considerably unfortunately.
Seriously considering getting a new set of rubber especially seeing i don't have matching corners (front to rear are different).
It's always hard though knowing that i have a decent amount of tread left on this set. Maybe a track day is in order to thrash the last bit out of them :lol:
Bezzza

Re: Member Profile - Bezzza - SaikouMichi Filtered

Postby Bezzza » Sat May 09, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Installed my dual catch can setup the other week without too much hassle.
Unfortunately i incorrectly ordered the crank case cans ports (They should be 3/4" and i ordered 5/8"). Got around this problem by placing hose clamps and doing them up fairly tight where they join the can inlet/outlet.

Also i should have put more thought into the order specs when i purchased. It would be handy to have the drain ports on the front instead of below for clearance reasons and also perhaps purchasing shorter cans so they could fit else where.
I have had to remove the washer bottle hose and cap just so i could fit the cans in and have notice them touching the bonnet ever so slightly on the top nipple closest to the headlight.
Also am considering re-routing the hoses to a lower position for the crank case as they are making contact with the bonnet. Will do this when i am bored one day soon haha!

Next up on the to do list is finally install my gauges i purchased A LONG time ago. I have everything ready to go for an install similar to what JSlayz has done by placing them up above my satnav unit. Just need to purchase extra wire and connectors, figure out where to tap throught the firewall and into power sources, and get the O2 bung welded into the dump-pipe at a suitable location.

Also have a Kompact series BOV on it's way. The height of my current one has meant that the return hose is being sliced by the whole in the bonnet causing troubles on WOT. Boost cut is not a good thing!

I am also considering switching to a softer engine mount as i am getting very over the NVH of my current ones! If anyone has suggestions feel free to throw them out there otherwise at next service i will most likely go back to the OEM units.

PICTURES:
Sludge from Crank Case after roughly 2-3 weeks (Head Breathers had not collected anything).

Engine Bay

Can Close Up
Bezzza

Re: Member Profile - Bezzza - Saikou Michi!!!

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat May 09, 2015 6:50 pm

That's got me DR :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: LING and packing a mongrel :good:
So good to see the cans fit!
Can you post up your revised (correct) specs for the Saikou Michi order form please?
bigBADbenny

Re: Member Profile - Bezzza - Saikou Michi!!!

Postby Bezzza » Sat May 09, 2015 6:58 pm

I would ideally have them as below Benny:

Both drain valves facing the front.
1/2" diameter on the right with both nipples facing forward.
3/4" on the left with the nipples at 45' degrees away from centre of the two cans.
Sides and directions given if you are looking at the cans from the front.

This will allow you to mount them in a front back orientation off the battery mount :good:
Bezzza

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods