Member Profile - SYM (w/ new wheels pg18)

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - SYM

Postby pips06 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:29 am

Looks good. What mufflers are they? What kind of wing are you going to be fitting? Ie what brand.
K2 | DAMD | Brembo | STI | HKS | Rays Homura | KiDo | Tein | Corazon | Valenti | Crystal Eye
pips06

Car: Gen V SWP Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16415

Postby Kekotic » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:29 am

:good:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby SYM » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:36 am

pips06 wrote:Looks good. What mufflers are they? What kind of wing are you going to be fitting? Ie what brand.

Thanks to both

Mufflers? - i wish... theyre just aftermarket exhaust tips on the OEM mufflers, to keep me sane while I workout what I want to do with rear end

Re spoiler - its the subaru OEM one. I would have preferred the K2 one (like yours), but I bought the subaru one for less than $150 (brand new and never used, just needs a repaint)

I'm havent made up my mind yet to paint spoiler the same colour as rest of car, or go a darker colour for contrast (opinions on colours welcome)
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17124

Postby SYM » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 pm

No new mods (yet) - however black McGard nuts going on tomorrow

I did take some photos this late afternoon, and was interested in what colour the wheels would look like in afternoon light (ie. not glarey/direct sunlight), as well as night-time

For those interested in painting their wheels in this colour.... (Subaru 36Y onyx metallic)

>> In flouroscent/direct light (including sunlight) - imagine a colour mix of blue and gunmetal

>> In indirect/softer light (ie. the afternoon shots) - becomes a darkish gunmetal grey

BTW - it took me a little while to get used to it, but I'm very much liking the new wheels
Attachments
IMG_4347.JPG
IMG_4347.JPG (154.01 KiB) Viewed 5969 times
IMG_4321.JPG
IMG_4321.JPG (174.5 KiB) Viewed 5972 times
IMG_4348.JPG
IMG_4348.JPG (154.45 KiB) Viewed 5972 times
IMG_4337.JPG
IMG_4337.JPG (131.94 KiB) Viewed 5972 times
IMG_4327_cropped.JPG
IMG_4327_cropped.JPG (208.59 KiB) Viewed 5972 times
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Postby Boostaddict » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:08 am

For an ugly gen v that actually looking pretty nice man. Congrats!!!
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
Boostaddict

Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Postby SYM » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:38 am

Thanks Daniel.

Planning, persistence and resilience (ie. thick skin) certainly pays off!

SYM
-stickered-

Postby 3rspecb » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Very nice, well done.
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby SYM » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks G

And I like your brembos.... the look awesome :wink:

SYM
-stickered-

Postby Bezzza » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Nice work on the car Sym, nice choice of mods Makes the car a little smoother.

Few tasty looking GenV getting round on the forum now.

Slowly coming around to look of them and would definitely pick one up in the future.
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Postby kiko.man » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 pm

This makes me want to get a GenV wagon. Best looking wagon so far :)
kiko.man

Postby SYM » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for the great feedback fellas... good to know my planning/research and creativity was well worth it 8)

kiko.man - many thanks for the compliment ! - but I'm not sure I can easily take that title as there are also some other awesome GenV wagons lurking around these forums :oops:

SYM
-stickered-

Postby Corsair » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Massive improvement. Those wheels came up great! Also like the fact you took a second picture in the same night time spot for comparison.
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby gtbwgn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:44 pm

sym loving what you have done so far with the wags, those sti wheels look mint in that colour really suit with the silver body work.And so right in having patience and planing to get the look you want, because this model is still somewhat new there is now finally some good after market parts coming avaliable at last for these ie import, japan parts.
I was thinking of going down the same path with the sti pink springs(thanks to cruise) and now yourself with those pics. Like the ride height its given the wags!
Interested to see what your next project will be :)
gtbwgn

Car: 2011 liberty gt wagon

Postby cruisn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Just needs some thing nice behind those wheels..... Oh wait...... :mrgreen:
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby SYM » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:04 pm

gtbwgn wrote:sym loving what you have done so far with the wags, those sti wheels look mint in that colour really suit with the silver body work.And so right in having patience and planing to get the look you want, because this model is still somewhat new there is now finally some good after market parts coming avaliable at last for these ie import, japan parts.
I was thinking of going down the same path with the sti pink springs(thanks to cruise) and now yourself with those pics. Like the ride height its given the wags!
Interested to see what your next project will be :)

Thanks Gazz - yeah I'm happy the STI springs worked out, although TEINs would go even lower (and then you need to sort out guard rolling etc, depending on how wide your rims are). The STI springs with the STI wheels (7.5mm wide) seemed like a good compromise.

It also aligned nicely with the next planned mod (which cruisn has very subtlely alluded to) - and since his awesome attention to detail is a critical factor in this next mod, I certainly don't mind him stealing a bit of thunder!)

SYM
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods