Member Profile - AC/DC's 2.5i Wagon

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Member Profile - AC/DC's 2.5i Wagon

Postby AC/DC » Sun May 20, 2012 2:44 pm

So very little progress as of yet, but i thought i might as well make the profile now and add later.
Only visuals so far are: Carbon fiber grille, headlight replaced (soon be be replaced again by HID'S), parker bulbs replaced along with replacement led's for passenger and driver lights, dome light and needing a replacement for cargo light. Previous owner used it as a family car (yes its a wagon, give me a break) so its got some wear but i've cleaned it up as best i can and came out almost like factory minus a few scratches. Only dodgy phone pics as of yet, but should have some good ones in a week or two when mate comes down with his camera (unless anyone is willing to have a little photoshoot somewhere nice around brisbane?).

Future mods: Badge for front grille (undecided, need your help)
Front lip (probably ultrex with sti badge)
King springs (low)
Phat mufflers (if any are going for cheap, and would love some advice for small noise gains)
HID's - FITTED:)
Darkest legal window tint
Cant forget yellow fog light tint!

First day

Stock and Clean

With carbon grille, just before a cruise.

Since day 1 there's been this slight rattle at low rev's, as if something is loose. Finally got it under the hoist to discover that some sort of muffling crap (i have no clue what it is, similar texture to coral) that had been put in, probably to stop the heat shield from rattling, had all cracked up and was lying on the shield. Anyway got the shield off and got rid of all that stuff and fixed it back properly so no more rattles. WOOOOOO! :P

Last edited by AC/DC on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AC/DC

Car: MY04 2.5i 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16847

Re: Member Profile - AC/DC's 2.5i Wagon

Postby JKeep2.5i » Sun May 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Sti style front lip, Dark as tint, slim personal number plates, and some new rims will make the difference :mrgreen:
MY04 Liberty 2.5i wagon 5MT[Team White]P plates
surfsnowsubarus
JKeep2.5i
-stickered-

Car: MY04 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14989

Postby AC/DC » Sun May 20, 2012 4:55 pm

JKeep2.5i wrote:Sti style front lip, Dark as tint, slim personal number plates, and some new rims will make the difference :mrgreen:

yea definately forgot to put tint on mod list! dont really have enough for new rims:( and not to keen on a personalised plate...way over priced :evil:
how much did you get your tint done for?
AC/DC

Postby SH30RB » Sun May 20, 2012 5:09 pm

JKeep2.5i wrote:Sti style front lip, Dark as tint, slim personal number plates, and some new rims will make the difference :mrgreen:

and drop it on its guts!!!!!

AC/DC wrote:dont really have enough for new rims

paint your stockies :wink: black would tie in nicely with a front lip, and would establish a blue/black theme :D

AC/DC wrote:and not to keen on a personalised plate...way over priced :evil:

yeah, qld number plate pricings are "WTF" too expensive, what about even a restyle?
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby JKeep2.5i » Sun May 20, 2012 5:18 pm

AC/DC wrote:

yea definately forgot to put tint on mod list! dont really have enough for new rims:( and not to keen on a personalised plate...way over priced :evil:

my tint was $280 however this was just a small guy that does cash jobs i think, a contact through my mechanic :wink:

the stock rims look good painted black 8)
surfsnowsubarus
JKeep2.5i
-stickered-

Postby AC/DC » Sun May 20, 2012 5:26 pm

SH30RB what do you mean by restyle? can i get my numbers onto a different size plate for cheap or something?

and working on dropping it. hopefully get these king springs in a few weeks.

and yea i'd love to paint mine black bu it makes it reaaaaally hard to sell from what i know...would prefer to get a new set so i can chuck originals back one when it comes time to go. and believe me, once im off my p's its going! :P
AC/DC

Postby SH30RB » Sun May 20, 2012 5:33 pm

AC/DC wrote:SH30RB what do you mean by restyle? can i get my numbers onto a different size plate for cheap or something?

and yea i'd love to paint mine black bu it makes it reaaaaally hard to sell from what i know...would prefer to get a new set so i can chuck originals back one when it comes time to go. and believe me, once im off my p's its going! :P

im not sure about QLD plates, but i know in NSW for a small fee you can change your plates from the :bad: yellow to black/white plates.

and unless king springs make a super low, id recommend trying to find a second hand set of Tein S Techs in the forsale section, they drop the car further then king springs :wink:

and as for the wheels, if you really wanted to you could paint your wheels black, then come time that your ready to sell, either swap for normal stockies, or paint them silver again :wink:
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby AC/DC » Sun May 20, 2012 5:44 pm

SH30RB wrote:
AC/DC wrote:SH30RB what do you mean by restyle? can i get my numbers onto a different size plate for cheap or something?

im not sure about QLD plates, but i know in NSW for a small fee you can change your plates from the :bad: yellow to black/white plates.

and unless king springs make a super low, id recommend trying to find a second hand set of Tein S Techs in the forsale section, they drop the car further then king springs :wink:

and as for the wheels, if you really wanted to you could paint your wheels black, then come time that your ready to sell, either swap for normal stockies, or paint them silver again :wink:

lol a bit much effort to paint back i must say. If i knew i wasn't going to sell this in a couple of years i'd be straight onto lowering painting wheels and a few other things, but selling it is my only dilemma. Oh, and money. Thats also a problem :P but yea let us know if you see any s tech's going cheap. do you know anyone who has had experience opening up the stock mcpherson struts for a spring change? i heard they are quite a biatch...
AC/DC

Postby JKeep2.5i » Sun May 20, 2012 5:46 pm

SH30RB wrote:

no one is really sure how the Tein S Techs(phat edition) will sit on the stock KYB struts that come on our liberties as those springs are designed to sit on the AUDM billies, might work might not?? when i emailed phat about them he wasn't 100% as he hadn't fitted them to the KYB set up, you could be the first :)
surfsnowsubarus
JKeep2.5i
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Sun May 20, 2012 5:53 pm

JKeep2.5i wrote:
SH30RB wrote:

no one is really sure how the Tein S Techs(phat edition) will sit on the stock KYB struts that come on our liberties as those springs are designed to sit on the AUDM billies, might work might not?? when i emailed phat about them he wasn't 100% as he hadn't fitted them to the KYB set up, you could be the first :)

I thought a few people had tried the Teins on the stock struts and it increased the height?
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby AC/DC » Tue May 22, 2012 10:11 am

Well maybe the ordered the wrong height springs? Wouldn't that be shit, going to the effort of putting springs on for a lowering, only to find out you've raised it! :lol:
AC/DC

Postby JKeep2.5i » Tue May 22, 2012 4:09 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about selling it, your on your reds by the time you sell it another p-plater might buy, and something that doesn't look 100% stock will help selling to a younger version of yourself
surfsnowsubarus
JKeep2.5i
-stickered-

Postby AC/DC » Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 pm

JKeep2.5i wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about selling it, your on your reds by the time you sell it another p-plater might buy, and something that doesn't look 100% stock will help selling to a younger version of yourself

Hmmmm I'll see. Hard decision, especially when money ain't on your side lol. A lower is what i really want, lip is what i want, practically no chance in getting wheels unless some go cheap for second hand. I think tint will help heaps too...
AC/DC

Postby Corsair » Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 pm

AC/DC wrote: Hmmmm I'll see. Hard decision, especially when money ain't on your side lol. A lower is what i really want, lip is what i want, practically no chance in getting wheels unless some go cheap for second hand. I think tint will help heaps too...

As Simon said (no pun intended), get your stocks re-painted. Not so expensive for a different look. I don't think it would make it that much more difficult to sell down the track.
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby seanmau5 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:38 pm

The facelift Spec B wheels look good on the prefacelift model. While some will flame you because, in their opinion, they think they look shite, I actually don't mind them. Picked mine up second hand for $250 (surely you can afford that??) and then all you need is some rubber (which you would need eventually on your current wheels)
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Next

Return to Post your mods