Member Profile - mynameisdaniel

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - mynameisdaniel

Postby hamish_023 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:47 pm

Nice shots Daniel, What's next on the mod list?
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby mynameisdaniel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 pm

hamish_023 wrote:Nice shots Daniel, What's next on the mod list?

Thanks,
Still undecided, I'm still very happy with it performance wise as is so I'm thinking about spending some more time/money on the interior/electronics first. Things such as..
-Footwell lights and door handle lights (inside and out) all to dim with dome light
-A Car PC with various features that are currently missing, such as reverse camera, bluetooth and GPS
-Work out how to wire the sunroof so I can operate that without need of the key
-Install an auto-window module, allowing me to control the windows with my keyless entry remote

All of that should keep me busy and poor for a while :P
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:45 pm

I am liking your imagenation Dan. Very well thought out. Keen to see the results in the flesh.
Can you do me a favour and mesure how high your front licence plate needs to come up? I'm fairly sure it's 50mm but just want to double check before I start making on for you :).
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby mynameisdaniel » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 pm

t.renshaw34 wrote:I am liking your imagenation Dan. Very well thought out. Keen to see the results in the flesh.
Can you do me a favour and mesure how high your front licence plate needs to come up? I'm fairly sure it's 50mm but just want to double check before I start making on for you :).

Hopefully everything will get done eventually, no rush though, although the list gets grows faster than I can do the mods :P

Yeah I'll measure it when I get home and let you know, Thanks! :D
mynameisdaniel

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Some new photos, just click on the link to see more, I can't be bothered linking them all :P

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 279&type=1

I've started collecting parts for the CarPC install, wired the sunroof so I can use it whenever and wired the map lights to come on with the dome light (I now have 96 SMDs come on when I unlock the car vs 1 halogen bulb!).
mynameisdaniel

Postby Victripper » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Very nicely setup car. Nothing too in your face and sitting just right on the road!! I also like you mods with the electrics, just make the car more enjoyable. I know I hate that if I don't put the window up before someone opens a door, having to turn it back to on to put it up is really annoying to the extent I now leave the car running just in case so I have full control of windows.

I would however like to be able to control all window from my drivers side controls without having to fully re enable everyones control. (Kids in the back playing with windows is no joy when one likes to wind it up then down a dozen times a minute).

So now you have set it up so well done... When is the next project car coming so I can buy this one?
Victripper

Car: MY12 Liberty Sports Premium Wg 2.5i

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Cheers, yeah just needs a bit more of an aggressive exhaust sound and it'll be perfect :P

Haha it really annoyed me, something I use every time I'm in the car and it's a great feeling knowing you did it yourself :)

Umm 4-5 years... at a minimum :P Or whenever I have enough disposable income to buy a C63 AMG ;)
mynameisdaniel

Postby SH30RB » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:40 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Or whenever I have enough disposable income to buy a C63 AMG Black Series ;)

i corrected your spelling error for you daniel :wink:
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby Victripper » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Daniel,

I am sure I have seen u mention how you did your mods or might have just read you were going to but do you have links to where you got the information from for the electrical mods such as the the auto windows, sunroof etc.

I would with having a Gen V, have when I lock the car all windows and sunroof close along with electronic handbrake engaged as I frequently forget or if I don't forget think I do.
Victripper

Car: MY12 Liberty Sports Premium Wg 2.5i

Postby rooby » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:10 pm

I don't believe he has done them yet.

Check this thread out though - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15354
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:32 pm

SH30RB wrote:
mynameisdaniel wrote:Or whenever I have enough disposable income to buy a C63 AMG Black Series ;)

i corrected your spelling error for you daniel :wink:

Haha good call :D It's a hell of price jump but already lucky enough to own one of my dream cars (by far the cheapest!) so the next logical step is to the next dream car ;)

Victripper wrote:Daniel,

I am sure I have seen u mention how you did your mods or might have just read you were going to but do you have links to where you got the information from for the electrical mods such as the the auto windows, sunroof etc.

I would with having a Gen V, have when I lock the car all windows and sunroof close along with electronic handbrake engaged as I frequently forget or if I don't forget think I do.

Auto windows I am yet to do (costs money and lots of time to do right), but check out the link rooby just put up and it should get you started. The sunroof and windows power stuff I worked out myself, after spending a lot of time learning to read and then actually reading the wiring diagrams for our cars :P
mynameisdaniel

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Almost finished with the CarPC Screen

Starting to consider an exhaust for the car now so wouldn't mind some opinions. I like quiet exhausts that have a bit of a bark on WOT. What I have in mind is either a Phat or Xforce dump pipe (is there really much difference?) and a 3" Xforce mid pipe (big resonator) going into a Xforce 2.5" Y-pipe which will connect up to the standard STI mufflers. It'll all be stainless steel.

I'm confident this won't give me any drone or be too loud, and hopefully have a bit of an aggressive tone when I open it. Then when I get a tune (much later on) I'll be able to see some decent power gains. $ Is an issue as to me it's already quite expensive for an exhaust system but I want something I'll be happy with at the same time.
mynameisdaniel

Postby hamish_023 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Go the TCP and phat instead of Xforce if you want quiet

Head to Willall racing for a tune ($800 or so)

I'm keen to have a look when you have finished your CarPC so I can get a start on mine :D
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 pm

hamish_023 wrote:Go the TCP and phat instead of Xforce if you want quiet

Head to Willall racing for a tune ($800 or so)

I'm keen to have a look when you have finished your CarPC so I can get a start on mine :D

Cool, I'll get some prices, seems like the Xforce mid section at least is pretty popular and not too loud though? It's just the mufflers that are loud from what I've read.

At the moment I'm looking at having tuning done through S&J so it'd be an ecutek tune, I know one of the mechanics there and heard a lot of good things about them so I think that's the way I'll go. A tune's a little way off though, after the exhaust it's the computer, then the brake pads, then wheels+tyres, then tune...

I'll be sure to keep you updated on the CarPC :)
mynameisdaniel

Postby seanmau5 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:31 pm

I love your car. Don't sell the wheels!! Just change the colour to something darker & then paint the brembos.

Neat looking pc screen you got there, shame I don't have the know how to rig up a system like that for myself :(
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods