Member Profile - mynameisdaniel

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - mynameisdaniel

Postby shav » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:25 am

mynameisdaniel wrote:I haven't had time for the cars let alone the forums lately haha.

Had Matt spend some time on my car the other week on his trip to SA. Car is now a LOT smoother and more powerful below 3000rpm. As a result my fuel consumption has dropped heaps (although it hasn't helped my heavy foot). Just when I thought he couldn't get any more out of it :D

I've also decided Skylines are terrible cars and I should've spent the money on diffs for the lib instead. Although I now understand the appeal of an over powered RWD ;)

You still gonna keep the Skyline Daniel?

Great to see Matt was able to tweak your Lib. Awesome.

Hope Uni isn't driving you insane....lol
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:09 pm

Whats the diff plan? :mrgreen:

Stock Sti spec: tflsd + 2way plate rear lsd (with or w/o 40 to 60% breakaway upgrade kit)

Tarmac rally spec: 1way plate flsd (or sti tflsd) + 1.5 way rear lsd

Don't get me started about center diff upgrades (or the lack thereof). :P
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby mynameisdaniel » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 pm

The skyline is on its last chance before my patience runs out haha. It has so much potential for easy power and being a fast track car but it's just dozens of $50-$100 problems that are becoming a real nuisance.

Yeah uni is pretty full on now haha.

Ideally I would've looked into an STi DCCD setup with the standard front WRX STi LSD (seems to work well enough for STi owners). Then upgrade the rear afterwards depending on what it felt like it needed. My only real problem was sharp corners on hillclimbs where one front wheel lets go and there's a considerable delay before the centre sends enough power to the rear to accelerate... With that and decent coilovers I think I'd have a nice track car without compromising the comfort at all :)
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby shav » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:47 am

Sell the Skyline and put it towards the DCCD setup. Your lib is nearly there Dan.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby sbv » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:00 pm

shav wrote:Sell the Skyline and put it towards the DCCD setup. Your lib is nearly there Dan.

This
sbv

Car: E85 GTB Outback

Postby mynameisdaniel » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 pm

The amount of time I spend on this forum is directly proportional to the amount of money I spend on the liberty haha.

While this hurts to admit, the skyline is more fun at the track and hillclimb. Slower. But it makes the liberty feel too easy now. It could just be that I don't have the fear of damaging/breaking it though :P
mynameisdaniel

Postby mynameisdaniel » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:51 pm

No new updates. Just been enjoying the car as it is (apart from the noisy shifter bushes which will come out one day). But I do have new photos! Everyone loves photos.

Oh, and turns out my skyline had a blown head gasket with a dodgy repair that all my cleaning/flushing eventually brought out again. So I'm currently fixing that as well as cleaning/replacing everything else I can while it's in pieces.

mynameisdaniel

Postby shav » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Car looks good Daniel. Enjoy it
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:01 pm

So less than a month after replacing the head gasket and refurbing the head on my skyline I killed the clutch - so out came the gearbox on the garage floor and in went a 6 puck ceramic clutch. Got the car back on the road all working fine for a solid two track days before spinning a bottom end bearing thanks to oil starvation (and the RB was supposed to be more reliable for track use). So the engine came out (alongside the gearbox again) and a mutt of 3 RB25 motors to get a good block, head, crank and pistons was put together using new OEM parts or better as well as a few mods to make sure it won't happen again. It was fun learning to rebuild a motor though, and surprisingly cheap, so far it's been holding up great - even with the 8000rpm rev limit :D

The liberty hasn't had much love while all of that was happening, apart from a few more tweaks to the tune by Matt - whose support for this car continues to surpass expectations with updates and continual improvements even when I didn't see room for improvement (and still don't). But the car hasn't missed a beat and is an absolute pleasure to drive.

I put the stock shifter bushes back in finally and spent some time updating software on my CarPC so almost everything is working again (damn digital radio...). After over a year I finally spent the 15 minutes to install my black steering wheel controls as well. Now I just need a new shift knob and the interior will be finished. Maybe a DAMD steering wheel too, if nothing breaks on the skyline this year...

But today the liberty finally got a decent clean inside and out so I figured I'd go get some more photos :)

Now I'm slowly gathering parts for the 100,000km service which will be done alongside a clutch replacement as the current one is unable to take a moderate launch, although it isn't showing any other signs of wear...
mynameisdaniel

Postby shav » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:02 am

Great update Daniel. Good to hear you are still going strong with the hill climb thing. Sad to hear you keep breaking stuff. Lol. It's bound to happen though. Lol.

The liberty is looking mint. Great shots. Looks like you took advantage of the fog today too. I like.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby OzSTi » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:35 pm

The Liberty is still looking great Daniel. Love your photography!
Michael.
OzSTi

Car: '16 Mustang GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23470

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:18 pm

Cheers guys :) Yeah stuff was bound to break eventually as I'm certainly not taking it as easy as I was in the liberty - the silver lining is nothing has broken twice :)
mynameisdaniel

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:18 pm

Lucky that clutch is not having to put up with the newly developed SI Drive tables!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:51 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Lucky that clutch is not having to put up with the newly developed SI Drive tables!

Haha it's fine once engaged, just doesn't have enough bite to slip the wheels or bog the motor :(

Also have a dyno day this weekend, we'll see if it breaks 200kW with the extra top end power ;)
mynameisdaniel

Postby dan_ashcroft » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 am

Hi mate,
I've been thinking of down-sizing the rims on my 3RB to 17s for comfort and lightness, saw you had sti 17x7.5 wheels for track duties. Do you have a pic of the car wearing these that you could share?
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods