Member Profile - mynameisdaniel

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - mynameisdaniel

Postby hamish_023 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:38 pm

WheelieBin wrote:
hamish_023 wrote:Too bad your car hasn't seen a day at the track :wink:

Dyno numbers are all well and good, but I would like to see a Mallala time to justify all this work you've done :D

Had to chance to join at Mallala with Daniel & Tommy and myself at Collingrove :D
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 pm

The car will see the track. It's not going to be a daily for much longer. I'm playing it smart and not taking it on the track until the car is built strong enough to handle it. No point getting all excited about a new mod like a little kid, going out on the track and breaking something else.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby tkboi » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:48 pm

lol to be honest man... its usually the track cars that f*** up more than the normal daily cars. in all the events i been to at mallala, peoples road cars always make it through the day... on the other hand peoples track cars always got issues with them
MY08 Liberty Obsidian Black Sedan 2.5i AT Limited Edition SAT NAV / 6000k HID, LED INTERIOR lights, LED Parkers, 8000k HID foggies, LED BRAKE lights, LED REVERSE lights/ ULTREX front grill and front lip / K2-GEAR Rear Window Spoiler / Alpine Type S speakers (front splits, rear coaxial), Digital Design 12inch sub, 5chan JL XD700/5, Dynamat Extreme (doors and boot lid) / Blitz pod filter + self made stainless steel intake piping / STI Quads, 2.25 stainless steel, TWE 4-1 headers / front and rear whiteline swaybars / JDM weathershields / Advan RS 18x8.5 +47 / front cusco brake stopper and rear strut brace / Upgraded GT brakes / JDM Camber Adjustable Bilsteins struts with eibach springs / PHAT lower control arm bushes / front HD swaybar links / Rear HD Cusco Swaybar Mount / Perrin Lightweight crank pulley / KIDO E85/98 fuel flex tune / Upgraded GT brakes, Pads - fronts - Ferodo DS2500 rears - Remsa HPT
tkboi

Car: MY08 AT 2.5i Sedan

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:07 pm

:( not looking good then lol. we shall have to wait and see. fingers crossed.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Postby Dropz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Off topic:
Track cars break more often because they have been fiddled with too much causing more weak spots, they are pushed to their absolute limits as people think they are indestructible, or they have done say a brake upgrade, but then used the standard fluid, causing it to boil, or something stupid like that, or put a huge swaybar on but not upgraded the links or mounts. Or they've been too busy modding the brakes and suspension to not notice that radiator hose that's about to shit itself, or power steering fluid that's turned black and doesn't give enough assistance.

The daily's make it through the day because they are the people out there to have fun, but know they still need their car to work so they may not push it as hard, and chances are its not been fiddled with 100 times.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:25 pm

well said. Not sure if thats a Taylor throw your car in the bin or a Taylor your doing the smart thing and playing it slow. either way my car isnt seeing the track this year.
t.renshaw34

Postby Kekotic » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Most people I have spoken to, in fact....all of them, who take their cars to the track say using slower every day cars tends to be more fun than using their full track cars.
Less stress about competing I guess?
Last edited by Kekotic on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Dropz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:28 pm

You're doing it smart. anyway. back on topic. Sexy and Infectious car you have there Dan. Just the way STi intended ;)
Dropz

Postby Corsair » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:36 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Also finished the screen off (still needs to be touched up). Looks right in place just like I wanted.

Looks absolutely factory. Nice job. :good:

mynameisdaniel wrote:Finally, I should have a bit of a DIY rear window spoiler on next week, I'll put up pics if it turns out any good :P

Very interested in seeing this!
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby WheelieBin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Dropz wrote:...Sexy and Infectious car you have there Dan. Just the way STi intended ;)

Recycled comment is recycled, come on man, let's have some originality! :P
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby mynameisdaniel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Haha +1 for having heaps of fun in a daily car!

Cheers Corsair, the rear window spoiler didn't come out too great. The shape didn't suit the lines of the car at all so it's a no go :(
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby Dropz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Originality kills. Don't you listen to hippies!? "Recycling is the way of the future mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"
Dropz

Postby Corsair » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:27 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:Haha +1 for having heaps of fun in a daily car!

Cheers Corsair, the rear window spoiler didn't come out too great. The shape didn't suit the lines of the car at all so it's a no go :(

Boo! Try again and when you succeed, let me know how you did it!
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Going to give the roof spoiler one last chance during the uni holidays in a few weeks :P

Today I fitted my Phat dump pipe, pretty straight forward apart from a strange leak where it meets the mid pipe, fairly confident I fixed it but I'll keep an eye on it. Made a great difference to the car, obviously no tune yet and I don't think there's much of a power increase, although the turbo now comes on faster and harder than before. Driving in S mode feels like the car used to in S#, and now S# really has some bite to it! :D

Sound wise it hasn't made any difference at idle and normal driving, but flat out above 3500rpm you can hear the turbo really pump, makes the exhaust a bit raspy (not in a bad way). Hopefully a bigger centre pipe will deepen it a little when I do that down the track.

Also picked up a second grille for my car thanks to Rob :) Going to make a deep mesh grille out of it during the holidays.

Old vs. New
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby hamish_023 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 pm

When are you going to hit up Willall for a tune :D
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods