Member Profile: Imania

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Postby imania » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Member – Imania
Real Name - Ain
Vehicle - MY07 Liberty tbSTi
Transmission - 6MT
Body - Sedan
Colour – Obsidian Black Pearl

Hey all, so i figured after taking some ok photos last night that it was about time i made one of these. I haven't had a chance to do much to the car as i've only had the car a year and during that time i was completing my double degree during my 5th year at uni. I now start full time work on Monday so am looking forward to some more funds and the chance to put some more love into the car, but here's how it stands at the moment anyway, criticisms and comments are of course welcomed.

Current List of Modifications (too small for my liking)

-50% Tail light tint (Courtesy of Jim)
-McGard Security Splinedrive Locknuts
- K&N panel filter and resonator delete (Courtesy of Gino)
- KW Variant 2 Coilovers (Courtesy of Clarence)
- AVO rear sway (Courtesy of Clarence)
- AVO heavy duty sway mounts (Courtesy of Clarence)
- Number plate spacers (Courtesy of Mark)
- Phat Dump Pipe
- Phat Quads

Pics (as at 5/1/12)

Last edited by imania on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
imania

Car: 2007 Liberty GT Tuned by STi

Re: Member Profile: Imania

Postby JDGT05 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:36 pm

first pic is my favorite.

very clean ride there mate, also loving the ride height, def how I want mine to sit.
Now driving the mighty 86 :)
JDGT05

Car: STI Spec Forester
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14065

Postby imania » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks mate, i dropped the front another 10mm or so the other day to even up the fender gap to what you see there, improved the looks a lot and is still legal :assassin:
imania

Postby hamish_023 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:47 pm

The ride height in the photo's looks perfect!

Awesome car, Cosmetically I don't think it can get any better then that! :D
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Gambit » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:51 pm

looking great Ain ! very clean and neat :)
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby seanmau5 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:58 pm

So jelly.. :(
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby imania » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks guys! i've been itching to do more performance wise, but just haven't had the funds, now with starting work full time i'm hoping to sneak the occasional mod in whilst saving for a house deposit :lol:
imania

Postby Devour » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Wow Ain, the car looks amazing. Black is an amazing colour for sure. Car looks very aggressive with the coilovers and the standard equipment fits the car very nicely. Cant wait to see what you have planned for it!

BTW, love the plates...wonder how you thought of it haha, very unique nonetheless and definetely fits the car both the name and color choice :D
Devour

Car: R34 GTR V-Spec / MY07 2.5i

Postby Kekotic » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Nice looking car. Have you considered getting the inners of the headlights painted in black? That would look hot I reckon.
Also Spec.B Grille, get'r done.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby imania » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Thanks Aaron! Too kind. Plates actually come from my name backwards! Then chose insomnia because I used to average very little sleep! :lol: fit the dark theme too

And thanks Kieran, I'd had the same thoughts. Definitely thought about darker headlights, even tried photoshopping those on that White WA wagon to see how they look but the photo's are always in a funny light so couldn't get any to look legit. Dunno what else to try to see how they look.
As for the grille, I'm not a fan of the stock one, was considering painting or wrapping it satin black, just really haven't had any funds to do anything. Not sure on the honeycomb, just something I don't quite like, could be the chrome surround though!
imania

Postby Kekotic » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:15 pm

imania wrote:And thanks Kieran, I'd had the same thoughts. Definitely thought about darker headlights, even tried photoshopping those on that White WA wagon to see how they look but the photo's are always in a funny light so couldn't get any to look legit. Dunno what else to try to see how they look.
As for the grille, I'm not a fan of the stock one, was considering painting or wrapping it satin black, just really haven't had any funds to do anything. Not sure on the honeycomb, just something I don't quite like, could be the chrome surround though!

First of all in regards to the black headlights, I dunno how good you are with photoshop (I'm pretty good with chops) but we could just request Majestic crow to post some better front on shots of it from a certain distance and then you copy that same distance with your own photos, then we can shop it in.

Also the Spec.B honeycomb grille is available in both chrome surround and black surround (I think), and you can always carbon fibre wrap the chrome one too which looks great when done right (look at Devours car).
Plus if you do it that way you always have the option of being both chrome surround or a black (in CF) surround, instead of just flat black.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby bosc0 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:36 am

Perfect height IMO... very nice. I also don't mind how the standard grill looks on your car. Suits it!
bosc0

Car: GT SpecB wagon

Postby imania » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Since the last post I've got an ultrex fibreglass grille as a temporary replacement, looks better than the wing grille IMO.
Also bought some phat quads and a phat dump pipe.
The quads are fitted, sound awesome, however don't hang quite as straight as I might like, they're both a bit too central, need to pull them out a bit, should I just bend the hangers a bit?
Also not sure how I'm going to get the dump in, mark's very kindly offered to help however not for a little while, so will utilise him if nothing else comes up, is it easily attempted on my own? I'm fairly proficient with my hands, not afraid to get dirty, but any hints or tips I need to know?
imania

Postby Kekotic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:38 pm

imania wrote:Since the last post I've got an ultrex fibreglass grille as a temporary replacement, looks better than the wing grille IMO.
The quads are fitted, sound awesome, however don't hang quite as straight as I might like, they're both a bit too central, need to pull them out a bit, should I just bend the hangers a bit?
Also not sure how I'm going to get the dump in, mark's very kindly offered to help however not for a little while, so will utilise him if nothing else comes up, is it easily attempted on my own? I'm fairly proficient with my hands, not afraid to get dirty, but any hints or tips I need to know?

You need to cut the heat shield.
Just get a shop to do the install.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby imania » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:42 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:
imania wrote:Since the last post I've got an ultrex fibreglass grille as a temporary replacement, looks better than the wing grille IMO.

You need to cut the heat shield.
Just get a shop to do the install.

Yeah got all the pictures for the shape it has to be cut to, and plenty of access to tools to cut it, that's no drama.
If I have to get a shop to do it I will, just seeing how easily I can do it by myself though
imania

Next

Return to Post your mods