Member Profile - Bass_Straitener

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Bass_Straitener

Postby bass_straitener » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:10 am

Here are a few more graphs supplied by Revzone for those technically minded.

I must say I'm really impressed with their service and promptness in delivery of my requests.

I'm definitely sticking with them. Next step is handling mods.

This set of graphs are all before and after on Sports #
Attachments
Bruce power before and after.pdf
(152.45 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Bruce boost before and after.pdf
(139.15 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Bruce AFR before after.pdf
(154.54 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby bass_straitener » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:12 am

Gambit wrote:looks good, hitting target boost by 2750rpm. making peak torque at 3250rpm, afr tuned nice and safe tapering to around 10.8:1

I understood "looks good" But could I have the rest in english please... :)

Would you give the results the thumbs up or down?
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby <GB> » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:24 am

great result, wish mine would hurry up!!
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby bass_straitener » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:37 am

<GB> wrote:great result, wish mine would hurry up!!

Yeah I reckon a really good result using someone who doesn't seem to feature on the forums too much but I reckon is doing good honest work. Two thumbs up for me on their attitude, service and after sales service as well. I'm going to keep using them for further work. I also didn't find them expensive.

Currently waiting on a quote for the handling mods and the mid section of the exhaust.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby t.renshaw34 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:59 am

Thumbs up! :)

I had to do a TMIC, full Turbo back, CAI and boost up to 16psi to get those numbers out of my 2.0T.
You having the 2.5T will help :).

I'm surprised your tuner didn't put your boost up to 16psi, that is still safe for the stock turbo and block.
Would have made another 10-12 kw if he did.

If your looking for any whiteline gear or a center and Y pipe for your exhaust, flick me a pm. I'm a vendor on here for whiteline and x force :).
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby bass_straitener » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks Taylor for the thumbs up.

When I spoke to the guys at Revzone prior to my work, the things I asked were for a safe tune, very driveable daily and settings to ensure the engine won't fail. And of course no CEL's when I drive off.

Upon pickup George advised that what had been done to reach the near 180kw was done so very safely and they didn't have to up the boost beyond the 1 bar to get the results. He said I should drive it and see what I think. If I still needed more he could then look at boost levels. I'm happy for now and I know I can go a bit harder if I get sick. I always thought 180kw would be good enough and I reckon I'm pretty right at getting it with the mid pipe replacement.

I'm waiting eagerly to see what your car generates. It sounds like your going the whole hog.

On the whiteline front I've made friends with a guy who can get me the Cusco stuff for similar prices to whiteline so will be going with them. I'm also planning on maintaining the STI muffs as they should be fine for my needs.

But who knows where this thread will go.... I could end up the next Gambit :bb: If only I had such deep pockets or patience.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby t.renshaw34 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:37 am

Go the cusco then :). They are great. I do all whiteline gear 20% off that's all.
I'm also very keen to get mine back. Only hours left now. :).

180kwatw is a great drivable mark. I'm glad your happy with it :).

The x force center and Y pipe is great because it bolts onto your Sti mufflers and your phat dump if you have one/when you get one :). Massive 14" resonator for zero drone too :). But this is your build so of course tottaly your choices.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby Corsair » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:57 am

bass_straitener wrote:Yeah I reckon a really good result using someone who doesn't seem to feature on the forums too much but I reckon is doing good honest work. Two thumbs up for me on their attitude, service and after sales service as well.

My mate who just got his car worked on there would concur. He took his car back - as the exhaust tips weren't exactly symmetrical - and they spent a day to get it right at no additional charge.

I look forward to (hopefully) hearing it tomorrow. :D
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby <GB> » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Corsair wrote:
bass_straitener wrote:Yeah I reckon a really good result using someone who doesn't seem to feature on the forums too much but I reckon is doing good honest work. Two thumbs up for me on their attitude, service and after sales service as well.

My mate who just got his car worked on there would concur. He took his car back - as the exhaust tips weren't exactly symmetrical - and they spent a day to get it right at no additional charge.

I look forward to (hopefully) hearing it tomorrow. :D

Don't say that my car is there now getting my rear exhaust done...
<GB>

Postby Corsair » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:56 am

<GB> wrote:Don't say that my car is there now getting my rear exhaust done...

I probably didn't phrase that right. My point was my friend was being a perfectionist, and they indulged his perfectionism at no extra charge. It was meant to be a good thing. :D
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby bass_straitener » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:56 am

Was good to meet a few of the Melbourne Liberty owners at the weekend BBQ. So many great looking cars and so many more mods to consider.

However Christmas is upon us and I've got to wait till the New Year to continue with the car's modifications.

I've ordered the mid section and Y pipe and will have that fitted next. Am still waiting on the quote for Cusco bits to improve handling. Will eventually put all this together and get the alignment done and a weekend down Apollo Bay to test it all out on the Great Ocean Road. This I think will take me to Easter of next year.

On the weekend I had a couple of mates, one an ex mechanic and the other an enthusiast come over and have a drive of the car and both were really impressed by the new found power and driveability of the tune. Both had driven the car prior to the work so could provide an objective review.

I was also worried about fuel consumption but I worked out what was going on. I was driving with a much heavier right foot. I've since curbed this and fuel consumption over the last 200kms has been 10.8l per 100kms. I'm happy with that as this was a mixture of peak hour, a bit of freeway and some spirited driving.

Am also waiting on my tactrix cable to arrive, maybe today, and will then start logging to better understand what's going on with the car. I'm sure will lean on coyote (Tony) to help me out a little till I'm confident.

Again thanks for all the positive comments with my stock look GT STI and please provide any advice or criticism.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby <GB> » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Where are u getting the cusco bits from and what are u looking at purchasing?
<GB>

Postby bass_straitener » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:16 pm

<GB> wrote:Where are u getting the cusco bits from and what are u looking at purchasing?

Probably Tuspeed if the price is right. So far Adam has bee really good price wise.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:41 am

bass_straitener wrote:
<GB> wrote:Where are u getting the cusco bits from and what are u looking at purchasing?

Probably Tuspeed if the price is right. So far Adam has bee really good price wise.

Phat has a part of his forum where he promises to be the best price, try running your quotes by him, you might be surprised :)
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby bass_straitener » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Rome_STI wrote:
bass_straitener wrote:

Phat has a part of his forum where he promises to be the best price, try running your quotes by him, you might be surprised :)

Thanks Jerome for the heads up. At this stage I'll keep using Tuspeed as he's not far from home and Adam is a good guy and looks after me pretty well with pricing and advice.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods