Member Profile - Bass_Straitener

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Bass_Straitener

Postby Rome_BRZ » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:20 pm

bass_straitener wrote:
Rome_STI wrote:Haha I was going to say wasn't it you that was trying to get 200 off the stock turbo :P I was going to go VF52 but I thought might as well spend a few extra dollars on a better/bigger turbo and not have to push the turbo to get the figures I want, I should make them quite comfortably!

Good luck hope it goes well! Any supporting mods you're going to do with the turbo?

I was going to continue with the Vf46, but talking to people started me thinking. And then comes the research and questions and then the money flys out of my wallet. :lol:

I'm less hung about numbers now. As my experience and knowledge grows I'm become more inclined to just try and achieve a quick but very streetable car. I do most of my driving around town with a few trips down the coast on the weekend.

Happy dynos, tough dynos, dyno queens etc are all just numbers. I'm going to stick with Revzone as so far people who've driven my car have said it drives beautifully. Stuff the dyno numbers. Let's just make this car a sweet drive. 8)

Also I'm hoping to get my suspension, front diff and clutch done to get this car both driving and handling as well as can.

Exactly, at the end of the day it's how the car feels to YOU that is most important!
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby bass_straitener » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:45 am

Quick update:

AVO exhaust midsection done.

Exhaust work is now complete. I'm running the AVO dump and 3 inch mid pipe and 2.5 Y pipe with STI mufflers.

First impressions: The car is much louder. No drone on the freeway though so very happy with the end result noise wise. I won't be able to offer any impressions on power increase as I won't be adjusting the tune till I get the Vf52 on Hyperflow TMIC on.

Next spend will be the install of the Cusco sway bar and bracing.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Well driving home tonight, I got a CEL.

Got home 7:30pm and rang Revzone in case someone was there.

Well Justin was there and I'm seeing him tomorrow 8:00am to get the car looked at. Could be something easy and will be fixed on the spot. Else, it's on the dyno for an adjustment. I almost thought this was going to happen given the significance of the exhaust mod.

Hopefully I can get the tune touched up and be ready for the Heathcote drive on Sunday.

Got to say I'm impressed with the service in getting me in without notice.

The guys are really busy and GB's car is still being prepped for the weekend. If his is off the dyno in time, I'm in.

Was hoping to get the tune done with the turbo and TMIC upgrade, but oh well....
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Just use an ECU Datascanner off someone to clear the CEL, or use that cable of yours...I think you said you bought a Tatrix?
Don't bother getting a tune, waste of money if they charge you for it.

Bruce I can install the cusco stuff for you for free on Saturday too if you are free, save you a few bucks. At least the swaybars anyway. The H brace at the front connects to the control arms so you might need a wheel alignment for that if they can move at all when you are doing it, I'm not sure. Ask PHAT maybe?

Also you should notice the difference in the high RPMs with the new centre pipe, you don't need a tune to tell the difference with a centre pipe.

Anyways good stuff!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:45 pm

I have a Tactrix cable and will check it out tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the offer on the sway bars. I'll definitely take you up on it. So far only the front has arrived so will wait to see if anything comes in tomorrow's post. I'll PM you.

When I got the exhaust fitted I asked AVO and the tuner there Jake said it would be required as the change is significant enough to generate CELs. I guess he was right.

BTW I love the sound of the car now.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:55 pm

bass_straitener wrote:When I got the exhaust fitted I asked AVO and the tuner there Jake said it would be required as the change is significant enough to generate CELs. I guess he was right.

Seems to be luck of the draw with CEL's? I have had all of my mods which you know of, and never had a CEL from them. I had a CEL once when I removed the airbox a long time ago before I even had my DP, but that's the only CEL I ever had. Just reseated it all and reconnected and it was fine.

bass_straitener wrote:Thanks for the offer on the sway bars.

No worries let me know when it's all in.

bass_straitener wrote:BTW I love the sound of the car now.

Can't wait to hear it at the next Kebab meet....next Friday :wink:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:17 pm

I've had a CEL 3 times in almost 1 year since doing my dump pipe, honestly it doesn't happen often enough for you to go and tune it before you do your other mods, especially if you are doing them within the next month or two...
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Checked it out with learning view. CEL code P0420.

Reset the ECU but will take it in for a check at Revzone in the morning.

Went for a drive and code has not reappeared.

Will research what's happening here.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:20 pm

http://i.imgur.com/aOdFC.jpg

Like I said.
Clear it and move on, don't waste your money at Rev$one
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Well I've cleared it.

Starting tho think it could be bad fuel as I put a little in at the BP opposite KMart Burwood yesterday evening and today this shows up. I normally only fill up at the BP on Doncaster Road. Will go there now and fill up and see if the light returns on the trip there and back.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:34 pm

BRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE.

Look at the image I posted above!
That is your CEL, it's the Cat you have replaced causing issues.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby <GB> » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:48 pm

bass_straitener wrote:Well driving home tonight, I got a CEL.

Got home 7:30pm and rang Revzone in case someone was there.

Well Justin was there and I'm seeing him tomorrow 8:00am to get the car looked at. Could be something easy and will be fixed on the spot. Else, it's on the dyno for an adjustment. I almost thought this was going to happen given the significance of the exhaust mod.

Hopefully I can get the tune touched up and be ready for the Heathcote drive on Sunday.

Got to say I'm impressed with the service in getting me in without notice.

The guys are really busy and GB's car is still being prepped for the weekend. If his is off the dyno in time, I'm in.

Was hoping to get the tune done with the turbo and TMIC upgrade, but oh well....
Ha ha I have engine lights on most of he time I take my scan tool with me lol will be taking it this weekend if the car gets done..
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby vp920b » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Just FYI, BP across Kmart Burwood is ok. Never had problem on my 2004, 2007 Liberty or GTB.

All good on the fuel.
vp920b

Car: 1992 Liberty RS

Postby Kekotic » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Naldo thanks but Bruce was a little confused :wink:

CEL is not related to fuel, as per the fault code.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Installed my AVO TMIC and Perrin after MAF hose today.

Also trimmed my engine cover and refitted. All up a pretty neat effort.

Still waiting on the turbo and a sway bar before booking in for a turbo install and retune.

The AVO TMIC was easy to fit and nearly everything lined up except one engine cover bolt hole which needed a bit of wriggling.

Install time to get everything done was 1.5 hours.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods