Member Profile - Bass_Straitener

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Bass_Straitener

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:05 am

<GB> wrote:hey Bruce, what site were u getting all the cusco gear off and do they have pictures of what part goes where?

I got a lot of this stuff off a company in QLD 999Automotive. But in hindsight I should have just contacted Phat. Though I'm pretty happy with the prices I got so all good.

Plenty of images on this forum as to where everything goes. Have a search. The big H brace and triagular bits are up the front and all the others are for the rear.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby SH30RB » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:39 am

bass_straitener wrote:I got a lot of this stuff off a company in QLD 999Automotive. But in hindsight I should have just contacted Phat. Though I'm pretty happy with the prices I got so all good.

Plenty of images on this forum as to where everything goes. Have a search. The big H brace and triagular bits are up the front and all the others are for the rear.

i've heard 999Automotive have pretty good prices, only a small difference to phat
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 am

SH30RB wrote:
bass_straitener wrote:I got a lot of this stuff off a company in QLD 999Automotive. But in hindsight I should have just contacted Phat. Though I'm pretty happy with the prices I got so all good.

i've heard 999Automotive have pretty good prices, only a small difference to phat

But then add postage differences, Phat's postage as pretty cheap and it's only NSW to VIC as opposed to QLD to VIC
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby SH30RB » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 am

Rome_STI wrote:
SH30RB wrote:

But then add postage differences, Phat's postage as pretty cheap and it's only NSW to VIC as opposed to QLD to VIC

thats very true, or if you have someone that can pick it up for you in Sydney its even cheaper :wink:
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:14 pm

SH30RB wrote:thats very true, or if you have someone that can pick it up for you in Sydney its even cheaper :wink:

Actually I've just come back from my tuner, who is a cusco dealer too, and his prices were similar 999 Automotive who also have a Sydney office too.

I did spend quite a bit of time getting the prices I did, going via Phat would probably have saved a bit of time.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:21 pm

bass_straitener wrote:
SH30RB wrote:thats very true, or if you have someone that can pick it up for you in Sydney its even cheaper :wink:

Actually I've just come back from my tuner, who is a cusco dealer too, and his prices were similar 999 Automotive who also have a Sydney office too.

I did spend quite a bit of time getting the prices I did, going via Phat would probably have saved a bit of time.

At the end of the day they are installed in your car and you get to enjoy the handling increase so that's all that matters :D
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby bass_straitener » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Update Time:

Woke early today and on a mission. Firstly I picked up a Snap on Blue Point Super Low trolley jack through a seller I met on ebay. Then on to SCA to buy some heavily reduced 3 ton jack stands $19.99 reduced from $59.99& a garage creeper $29.99 reduced from $69.00. Very happy with all purchases and the SCA stuff I thought was a bargain and it hasn't failed so far or Chaotic2050, or myself, wouldn't be here to type this update.

I was ready for the rest of the day to play grease monkey with Chaotic2050, Kieran and jaydece, Justin.

Well it was a great day and I got both front and rear Cusco sway bars installed. AVO HD rear mounts were also installed. Wasn't as easy as I thought as some of the bolts were done up extremely tight and I reckon had never been touched since leaving the FHI factory.

A big thanks to Kieran and Justin for coming over to give me a hand and share the day.

Here are a couple of pics of the rear sway being installed.
Attachments
IMG_2028.JPG
IMG_2028.JPG (116.97 KiB) Viewed 4815 times
IMG_2029.JPG
IMG_2029.JPG (129.24 KiB) Viewed 4815 times
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby <GB> » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Looks good

So the job was hard cause the bolts were tight? Did u round off the nuts or bolts or something?
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby Kekotic » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Happy to help Bruce, was a good fun day!

Now clean those bloody wheel arches and springs :lol:
just kiddin.

Brandon, I most certainly didn't strip or thread any of the bolts....Bruce on the other hand..... :roll:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby bass_straitener » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:45 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:Happy to help Bruce, was a good fun day!

Now clean those bloody wheel arches and springs :lol:
just kiddin.

Brandon, I most certainly didn't strip or thread any of the bolts....Bruce on the other hand..... :roll:

Was a bit more difficult than thought originally for the rear as the wheels had to come off as well as the exhaust.

I didn't strip any bolts either. Or round any off. :roll:

A perfect install with no noises on the test drive.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby <GB> » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm

How long did it take?
<GB>

Postby Kekotic » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Rear maybe an hour of actual time working on it? Bit of stuffing around and having Bigbadbenny come around half way through put a hold on things for about 45 mins.
I was a bit hesitant to work fast on it because we had the whole day anyway, and it's not my car so I didn't want to thread or strip anything.
Bruce did the most of the front after I showed him what needed to be taken off to do it, as Justin and I were working on my car by that time. Well I should say Justin was working on my car and I was providing Moral support...
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby <GB> » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:35 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:Rear maybe an hour of actual time working on it? Bit of stuffing around and having Bigbadbenny come around half way through put a hold on things for about 45 mins.
I was a bit hesitant to work fast on it because we had the whole day anyway, and it's not my car so I didn't want to thread or strip anything.
Bruce did the most of the front after I showed him what needed to be taken off to do it, as Justin and I were working on my car by that time. Well I should say Justin was working on my car and I was providing Moral support...

Good times! Sounds like a working bee
<GB>

Postby bass_straitener » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:26 am

Update time:

Well I've done nothing new to the car. Everything is waiting parts or workshop time etc.

So I went out today and decided to take a quick vid of my exhaust sytem note. I'm running the AVO dump pipe with the AVO mid and Y section combined with the stock STI quad tip mufflers the car came with.

Enjoy.

bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Corsair » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:15 pm

That sounds nice and mean when you rev it...I like! Good low end burble when idling also, without being over the top.
Most importantly, how much does it roar when you stab it down a freeway on-ramp? :D
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods