Member Profile - Bass_Straitener

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Bass_Straitener

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Update time....

OK I've just come back from picking up the car from Revzone and going for a drive to be able to put up an initial opinion.

The Walbro pump didn't get installed and instead a Denso 260lph one was put in. I've been told that I have a cradle type setup which the Denso fits better into. Initially I was a bit concerned as I was told a Walbro one was to be installed. Upon research and speaking to Adam at Tuspeed I'm feeling alot better as the Denso is actually a better up as it's quieter and is more suitable if you have this cradle thing in your tank.

Also I was only charged an hour's labour extra for putting in the Perrin turbo inlet pipe. I was expecting more as I'd heard they could be a bit of a nightmare and the original inlet was returned undamaged.

All other parts were installed as per the quote and all heatshields were retained minus little trimmings as required to fit all the new bigger bits.

Now to the tune. The car was tuned by Craig Pisa who I believe is an ex Subaru STI technician.

I've attached the graph for those people that like to see the numbers.

The car drives very well and I'm even enjoying driving in I mode as it still has a bit of go.

George told me I mode was tuned at 7psi boost, S at 11psi boost and S# at 14.2psi. Boost was not increased from stock to produce the numbers in the graph.

I'd love to hear comments on the graph but from the seat of the pants dyno I'm rapt with the result. I've been advised that my tune is a safe due to not upping the boost and good result for the parts I've installed.

I agree.

As always guys please comment what you think of the results or post any criticism you might have at either my process or the results.

thanks
Attachments
IMG_1587.JPG
IMG_1587.JPG (94.06 KiB) Viewed 4795 times
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby coyote » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:41 pm

bass_straitener wrote:As always guys please comment what you think of the results or post any criticism you might have at either my process or the results.

No-one can tell you anything about your tune based on what you've posted.

You need to buy a Tatrix cable and check the car regularly for the next few months.

If that's the only plot you've been given, you should ask for a plot of boost and afr.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks Tony I will send Revzone an email right now to get this info and post it up here for your opinion.

I have ordered the cable and have the laptop ready to go. Waiting now on the Fedex delivery.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Sent off an email and received a reply almost instantly.

George will supply the boost and afr charts for me tomorrow. And any other information they can provide for my reference.

Also they use opensource tuning so nothing is locked for those interested to know.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby coyote » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:50 pm

That's good service.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:54 pm

coyote wrote:That's good service.

I'm hoping you say "thats a good tune" when I post up the charts you reckon I should show. I'm really interested in your opinion as I know you're a pretty harsh critic of some workshops.

Any reaction to the gains so far based on the final figures given the bits I've installed?
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Member Profile - Bass_Straitener

Postby Gambit » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Great result all the same. Best thing to do is enjoy and relish in the new found power before the bug hits again ;) at the end of the day for the mods you've done it's about on par. Look forward to seeing you on sat too :D
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Gambit wrote:Great result all the same. Best thing to do is enjoy and relish in the new found power before the bug hits again ;) at the end of the day for the mods you've done it's about on par. Look forward to seeing you on sat too :D

Thanks mate, Yeah I might duck out for drive a bit later this evening when the roads are clear.

I've already started planning the next stage which will be most likely be the mid section pipe with a heap of handling mods.
Last edited by bass_straitener on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby <GB> » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Car looks sweet man, love those grills better than mine, u happy with revzone? I'm jelious u got yours back first lol
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby bass_straitener » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:37 pm

<GB> wrote:Car looks sweet man, love those grills better than mine, u happy with revzone? I'm jelious u got yours back first lol

Thanks <GB>! So far so good with Revzone. They have been very good with info I've requested and have also given me what I feel is a better pump in the Denso 260lph over the Walbro they quoted for no price increase.

I just went for a drive and whilst it feels really strong I'm a bit concerned about fuel usage. It's often hitting the 50l/100 mark on the trip computer. Especially when taking off from the lights. I've not seen this before on my car except when cold in the early morning when the blue light is on. I'll watch that and see if that slowly gets better. Perhaps it's the computer learning still or something. I'm sure someone here might know if this is the case. I'll wait and watch and give George a call on Monday if I empty my tank in 100kms on the weekend.
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby <GB> » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Mine uses fuk loads around town but when on the freeway I did 10l per 100k, I filled it and drove it till it was empty but in saying this the dash fuel read out said 7l per 100k which was wrong
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby coyote » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:29 pm

<GB> wrote:in saying this the dash fuel read out said 7l per 100k which was wrong

It uses a static value to calculate fuel usage based on injector pulses, but doesn't know you have different injectors.

I hinted at that a while ago in another thread. Stick some ID2000s in and watch it magically get better than 4l/100km.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby Gambit » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:36 pm

See how you go, just drive it gently if you wish to conserve fuel.
I get 450km out of a tank full generally atm.
Gambit

Postby bass_straitener » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:45 am

Here are the other graphs provided by Revzone for the tune of my car.

These 3 don’t have the before run but the 3 different levels for the different SI modes.

Any comments or opinions?
Attachments
Bruce STI power.pdf
Power
(154.75 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
Bruce STI Boost levels.pdf
Boost
(142.71 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Bruce STI AFR.pdf
AFR
(154.89 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Postby Gambit » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:09 am

looks good, hitting target boost by 2750rpm. making peak torque at 3250rpm, afr tuned nice and safe tapering to around 10.8:1
Gambit

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods