Member Profile - Brainy

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Brainy

Postby JSP » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Nice work today Brainy... sounds awesome on the dyno and im definately going to Cihan for a tune once my car is running.
2004 Subaru Liberty GT
JSP

Postby Kekotic » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Hmmmm I was hoping he had actually posted. Damn you Jun for making me look.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby 3rspecb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Was good to catch up today Brainy. Awesome result too :wink:
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby dr20t » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:48 am

Cmon brainy u gonna keep us all in suspense?! :)

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby ndlibgt » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:29 pm

dr20t wrote:Cmon brainy u gonna keep us all in suspense?! :)

Mick

+1
ndlibgt

Car: 04 GT

Postby brainy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Sorry for the delay in responses guys, I've been flat out with the house and trying to get things done.

Jun, it was good to catch up man! As you saw, i'm sure you won't be disappointed! Can't wait to see you back on the road with your car.

3rspecb, thanks for coming down for the support. Was definitely good to catch up, also thanks Justin for taking me to get dinner. :)

Well, i'm not sure what you guys want to know? Some of you are probably asking why did I get a tune with Cihan if I was happy with my 191atw on prem 100 with Springy? Well, this in no way is anything against Springy. Springy have always said if there are any issues, to bring the car back and they will sort it out. I had a few issues that i needed to get sorted (long cranking to start the car, idle issues, stalling in reverse some times, popping from the exhaust) so i could have gone back to springy but I had heard great things about Cihan so I thought I would give him a go.

Cihan etuner.com.au @ edge motorworks is an absolute gun and a machine! He was like an energiser battery? Just kept going and going and going!

For those of u who like supra's he had one there from Sydney that was doing 505atw before he tuned it. It's a 650atw monster and it sounds like one! :)

The day started at 9am and we finished up at 8:30pm. He explained to me what he was doing, how things work and I have to admit, that I actually learnt quite a lot. It was nice to be able to listen to someone who can explain it to you and also show it to you.
The Apexi intake doesn't have a maf scaling chart like the cobb intake so he had to do it manually and did the whole tune from scratch.

The end result? An amazing smile on my face. The car pulls harder and faster! It's easier to drive around town in peak hour and when you find an opening, squeezing that pedal has a nice response to it which i'm loving!

Idle is perfect, car starts perfect every time and I can now roll off just by lifting the clutch and not needing to touch the accelerator. All of my issues are gone! No more popping, no stalling and nothing but pulling like a train!!! I think it's introduced a small issue, I seem to be getting some torque steer now. :) One other thing I have noticed after driving it for a while now is that it's more economical. So that's a bonus!

For those of you who are figure hungry, I saw 207atw but that was before the road tune at the end of the night. So it's quite possible it may be less than that but the car drives and feels better than it ever has.

I've done a couple of learning views since the tune and they look impressive!

I'd like to just quickly thank Cihan for taking his time and explaining things to me and for such an awesome tune. Justin and Scotty for recommending him (like the 340atw stagea wasn't enough evidence) and again to the guys who came down during the day to keep me company.

Once the house settles down, i'll be able to focus on my next mod. I'm hoping to get some brembo's on there and a few other little things. ;)
Brian
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby <GB> » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:13 pm

It's funny that springy didn't get it right the first time! Do u know what was causing the issues with his tune?

How much does he charge for a tune
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby dr20t » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:19 pm

That's a great outcome, brainy

Its always refreshing to see good tuners who can actually deliver the sort of happiness you seem to be filled with at the moment, without any mechanical changes :)

Seems a fair few forum cars have been sorted put recently which is pleasing - we hope the trend continues!

Enjoy

Mick

dr20t

Postby jaydece » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Fark Yeah! Go Brainy!

Very happy for you brainy.......another winning chapter to the profile! Was a long day which has paid off 110%..!!!

I'm proud to of recommended him to you via Scott...We should be thankful that Scott was able to organize the tune day for you ASAP as we know Cihan is a very hard person to get ...especially with his other work commitments and limited availability....

Thanks Scott aka Scotty Customs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As we are coming to know very quickly...Cihan is a VERY good tuner and great informative guy...He is very passionate and patient....Thats with both on the dyno and on the road tune side of things...

Now Enjoy That New Beast!

8)
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Postby Kekotic » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Sounds great Brian. Cihan sounds very knowledgeable from what I have heard.
Great to hear you got a road tune when you were finished on the dyno, the road tune is what counts in the end and nobody seems to realise it. Cihan sounds awesome!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby <GB> » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:31 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:Sounds great Brian. Cihan sounds very knowledgeable from what I have heard.
Great to hear you got a road tune when you were finished on the dyno, the road tune is what counts in the end and nobody seems to realise it. Cihan sounds awesome!

Your not wrong about the road tune... Other tuners do this, mine had lots of road tuning
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby Kekotic » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 pm

<GB> wrote:
chaotic2050 wrote:Sounds great Brian. Cihan sounds very knowledgeable from what I have heard.

Your not wrong about the road tune... Other tuners do this, mine had lots of road tuning

Well whats the point of the dyno tune at all then..... :roll:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby dr20t » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:51 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:
<GB> wrote:

Well whats the point of the dyno tune at all then..... :roll:

Sorry to hijack brainy -

But point of a dyno tune is to verify afr's (using wideband), knock control, fueling in OL and other major important factors which may not necessarily able to be replicated on a road tune (ie third / fourth gear pull to redline). And yes I know that sounds contradictory (ie why tune on the dyno for something you won't / can't do on the road), but the point of it being tuning for different load environments (in g/ sec and rev / s) and airflow / other conditions which may arise on the road in situations other than a wot pull in third or fourth or fifth gear (eg a steep hill climb or descent or even freeway cruise). Tuning on the dyno to replicate these conditions will protect your all important motor in the event you encounter them. And for the more obvious scenario of flat out driving (track or drag strip etc) where this sort of tuning is critical

The ideal situation is a dyno and road tune, especially for our dbw vehicles which vary depending on the individual's use of the right foot and driving style.

Mick

dr20t

Postby Kekotic » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Good info Mick.

How do dyno tuners do wideband exactly? Is that something they connect up to the exhaust tips? I have never been to one so I don't know.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby dr20t » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Well most vehicles which don't have a wideband insalled will have an exhaust probe or lambda sensor at the exhaust outlet tip or some tuners place a feed somewhere else in the exhaust (second o2 sensor bung).

dr20t

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods