KennySTi's Demon Wagon

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: KennySTi's Demon Wagon

Postby kennysti » Fri May 23, 2014 1:24 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:Thanks Benny, that looks pretty bad.

The ocvs are definitely out of sync around the area where it knocks, but don't seem to be the causing knock directly, because it doesn't always knock when they're out of sync.

Maf scaling could be better, but that's just attention to detail...

It's flowing quite well down low, must've been fun to drive without the issues :D

Ben - it's really better not to WOT at this stage. Besides it looks like the WG is fairly open, I'm guessing Matt opened it up to limit the power. Which is a step in the right direction, and we probably won't see very high psi even at WOT on this tune.

In short - get those OCVs sorted man. That's one (EDIT: major) thing out of the way, although I suspect there could be more issues under that bonnet.

Thanks guys! Well i'll be getting the OCVs the moment I can afford to throw the money at them. When it was running well it was VERY fun to drive. Hopefully I'll get back to that again soon.
Black on Black..
kennysti

Car: 07 Liberty tuned by STi Wagon

Postby kennysti » Fri May 23, 2014 1:26 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:So definitely do the 15minute log as I described but leave out the WOT pull please.

Is there any point to resetting the ECU at this stage?

OK I'll try and do another log this weekend. I'm glad that the boys with the tactrix cables here are good blokes i've been bothering them for weeks!
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri May 23, 2014 1:28 pm

The classic culprit is loose exhaust shields and turbo heat shield, false knocking.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby shav » Fri May 23, 2014 1:50 pm

Your car has come a long way there Kenny. Love it.

Im currently at the level you were n page 1 and 2 of this thread. haha.

Trying not to let mod bug take over. :mrgreen:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby d-chang » Fri May 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Jacob! What's happened?

Pretty sure when I did a learning view when I was over, we didn't see any knocking.... what changed? :shock:

Man.. now it sounds like my car when it was on 0 IAM... Matt kind of told me when it's on 0... ecu is like on lockdown 'protect itself' mode... so be careful... But BBB and Alexei will know better what 0 IAM really means...

Jacob if you need a hand logging again... let me know... but I will also be keen to come have a look to see how Bezzza does it too.

All the best!
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby kennysti » Fri May 23, 2014 5:28 pm

d-chang wrote:Jacob! What's happened?

Pretty sure when I did a learning view when I was over, we didn't see any knocking.... what changed? :shock:

Man.. now it sounds like my car when it was on 0 IAM... Matt kind of told me when it's on 0... ecu is like on lockdown 'protect itself' mode... so be careful... But BBB and Alexei will know better what 0 IAM really means...

Jacob if you need a hand logging again... let me know... but I will also be keen to come have a look to see how Bezzza does it too.

All the best!

Cheers again for the help dude! Well it did drive pretty well that day which was odd, because once it starts going down the "path" of driving poorly it rarely comes back to any sort of normal unless I reset the ecu or have the tune updated. Hence why even after our afternoon of logging I asked to do another few with Ian last night just before uploading the new tune Matt sent. The car was really faulting so it would be the best representative log I could get of the symptoms, and what do ya know! Knock errywhere as it was before, just gotta start eliminating more possible causes.

Matt also has a copy of all of this data so I'll wait and see what he has to say about it. I'll be spending tomorrow morning under the bonnet regardless, my leaky power steering pump has made a hell of a mess so it's hard to even tell if there is an engine oil leak.
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby kennysti » Fri May 23, 2014 5:32 pm

shav wrote:Your car has come a long way there Kenny. Love it.

Im currently at the level you were n page 1 and 2 of this thread. haha.

Trying not to let mod bug take over. :mrgreen:

Cheers Shav! It will be awesome once I get this sorted to start looking after the exterior some more, sometimes the mod bug is just gonna get you no matter what!
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby d-chang » Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Hey no worries at all Jacob,

Next time you have Ian over, can you also let me know, because I am also very interested to see how he uses the program to load in tunes etc.
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby Bezzza » Fri May 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Hey Kenny,

Bastard when your car ain't running right!!!

Feel free to borrow the cable for a week or so, I won't be needing it anytime soon.
This will give you a chance to do some really good long city/highway logs anytime you like :)

Let me know and can catch up to give it to you.

Ian
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Postby kennysti » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Hooray! Small positive updates! :D
Swapped over the power steering pump and replaced the fluid. Still making the occasional noise but I think this is just air still left in the system. No more pissing fluid all over the engine and exhaust manifold FINALLY!

Car hasn't reverted to it's horrible unable to drive symptoms as yet, however it is still unhappy at least 50% of the time. The dead no power spot still appears it's just not as drastic as it was, or maybe I don't notice it with the now spongy throttle response. Though with harder throttle there is still power it just struggles a bit in the midrange.

Still not consistently making peak boost and I'm yet to find anything that looks like a boost leak, except for possibly the TB hose. I can never be sure if it's sealing properly so I would love to get an aftermarket silicone one that's a little better fit for the bigger TMIC.

Anyone know where to get one other than AVO, who will probably overcharge for a little hose like that?
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby dazzz168 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:56 pm

You can get the AVO hoses from them direct. They are about $65 iirc. Hope you get everything sorted soon kenny... it sux when there are little dramas her and there. There's no workshop over there that can help diagnose the issue? ASG?
dazzz168

Car: Forester XT & TB STi Lib
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20816

Postby kennysti » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:22 pm

Me and ASG no longer get along and I wouldn't trust my car with them again anyway. I feel ok about Maximum Motorsport but they won't help on the tuning side unless I sell my soul to ecutek for $1600 which I don't really want to do. Matt from Kido has been good but just f*%king hard to get ahold of because of his huge workload. He tosses me a tune every now and then but I'm assuming it's pretty difficult for him to do a lot without getting a hands on look at it.
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Avo, Kobe tomioka racing etc :)
Have you tried all options on boost and vac leaks?
bigBADbenny

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:32 pm

IAM on 0 will not log a DTC

Also, the tune in it at the moment is what I would consider approriate to keeping engine alive pending the OCV being fixed. Once fixed, we can get it back to awesome ;) As Shav had an issue, its a case of diagnosing and finding funds to rectify

alexeiwoody wrote:Thanks Benny, that looks pretty bad.

The ocvs are definitely out of sync around the area where it knocks, but don't seem to be the causing knock directly, because it doesn't always knock when they're out of sync.

Maf scaling could be better, but that's just attention to detail...

It's flowing quite well down low, must've been fun to drive without the issues :D

Ben - it's really better not to WOT at this stage. Besides it looks like the WG is fairly open, I'm guessing Matt opened it up to limit the power. Which is a step in the right direction, and we probably won't see very high psi even at WOT on this tune.

In short - get those OCVs sorted man. That's one (EDIT: major) thing out of the way, although I suspect there could be more issues under that bonnet.

MAF scaling is affected by the AVCS being out of whack. Different airflow on different sides of the engine etc

OCV needs fixing ugerntly

Also, the LV when I got to it was worse than that one posted. That said, LV is as always just a snapshot.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:54 pm

Cool: OCV's from Celtic Motorsport, TB hose if required, DIY fitment: awesome :)
bigBADbenny

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods