KennySTi's Demon Wagon

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: KennySTi's Demon Wagon

Postby kennysti » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:59 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:IAM on 0 will not log a DTC

Also, the tune in it at the moment is what I would consider approriate to keeping engine alive pending the OCV being fixed. Once fixed, we can get it back to awesome ;) As Shav had an issue, its a case of diagnosing and finding funds to rectify

alexeiwoody wrote:Thanks Benny, that looks pretty bad.

The ocvs are definitely out of sync around the area where it knocks, but don't seem to be the causing knock directly, because it doesn't always knock when they're out of sync.

Maf scaling could be better, but that's just attention to detail...

It's flowing quite well down low, must've been fun to drive without the issues :D

Ben - it's really better not to WOT at this stage. Besides it looks like the WG is fairly open, I'm guessing Matt opened it up to limit the power. Which is a step in the right direction, and we probably won't see very high psi even at WOT on this tune.

In short - get those OCVs sorted man. That's one (EDIT: major) thing out of the way, although I suspect there could be more issues under that bonnet.

MAF scaling is affected by the AVCS being out of whack. Different airflow on different sides of the engine etc

OCV needs fixing ugerntly

Also, the LV when I got to it was worse than that one posted. That said, LV is as always just a snapshot.

Thanks Matt! Hopefully the OCVs won't be far away! I remember how bad it was when you first looked at it and even through all the issues we are making improvements from the way it was before :)
Black on Black..
kennysti

Car: 07 Liberty tuned by STi Wagon

Postby kennysti » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 pm

So more questions and theories to go with my discoveries....
I pulled the OCVs on the weekend and cleaned them out with CRC and activated them with a 9v battery. They seem to be working fine :?
My power steering pump has now finally shut up and stopped sucking in air thanks to changing the O ring on the top feed line and bleeding the system.

Now for my theory! Is it possible (if I'm insane please someone tell me quick) that the noise and vibration from my crapped out power steering pump was triggering a false knock causing my IAM to drop?
The only reason I am wondering is because it was making very loud noises and you could feel the vibration through the wheel and the pedals, could that be setting a knock sensor off? I also seemed to notice a somewhat pattern as my power steering pump made noise intermittently and when it did, it roughly did at the same time I experienced the worst symptoms of bouncing revs and no throttle.

Failing that, maybe my cam gears are rooted. Which would mean I am in for an expensive service.
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:02 pm

I've had cels trigger from tyres rubbing on the guards, so yeah.

Also did you swap the OCV's from head to head?
It's a good way to eliminate a bad one.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:28 am

kennysti wrote:So more questions and theories to go with my discoveries....
I pulled the OCVs on the weekend and cleaned them out with CRC and activated them with a 9v battery. They seem to be working fine :?
My power steering pump has now finally shut up and stopped sucking in air thanks to changing the O ring on the top feed line and bleeding the system.

Now for my theory! Is it possible (if I'm insane please someone tell me quick) that the noise and vibration from my crapped out power steering pump was triggering a false knock causing my IAM to drop?
The only reason I am wondering is because it was making very loud noises and you could feel the vibration through the wheel and the pedals, could that be setting a knock sensor off? I also seemed to notice a somewhat pattern as my power steering pump made noise intermittently and when it did, it roughly did at the same time I experienced the worst symptoms of bouncing revs and no throttle.

Failing that, maybe my cam gears are rooted. Which would mean I am in for an expensive service.

That was what I said at the carpark :) Intermittent noise from something causing false knock :)

Send me a txt with time slot that suits you for retune too :)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby kennysti » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:55 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
kennysti wrote:So more questions and theories to go with my discoveries....

That was what I said at the carpark :) Intermittent noise from something causing false knock :)

Send me a txt with time slot that suits you for retune too :)

Might be onto a winner here Matt! At least we know my OCVs seem to be functioning, however I'll still get them replaced. I'll send you a message once I sus out a good time.
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby kennysti » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Hooray for Matt and hooray for a fixed car!

No more horrible driving and dead throttle thanks to a now quiet and working power steering pump that is no longer causing false knock.
The OCVs are still out of sync but luckily they aren't causing the massive dramas I once thought, they will be replaced as soon as possible just to avoid downstream problems. I finally cleared another part out of my box of mods by having Matt install and tune my 3 port, pulls hard and feels happy, the best it's been in ages. Now all that's left is to get hold of a hoist and swap my turbo, also hunting down a pod and maf pipe.

Also, have any of the WA boys had their rims repaired and re-painted? Time to get the enkeis blacked out along with the front headlights to complete the murdered exterior.
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby jslayz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi jacob,

Alliance rim repairs do a good job but pricey...

Glad to hear car is better.

J
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby shav » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 am

awesome to hear Kenny. Feels good when stuff eventually goes your way for once. lol
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby champ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm thinking of repairing and repainting my wheels too. Was planning a trip to Alliance to get a quote but just been too busy as I've heard good things about them. If you're going to Alliance, lemme know. Might tag along too.
champ
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B Tuned by STi 6MT OBP

Postby kennysti » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 am

champ wrote:I'm thinking of repairing and repainting my wheels too. Was planning a trip to Alliance to get a quote but just been too busy as I've heard good things about them. If you're going to Alliance, lemme know. Might tag along too.

Sweet i'll let ya know. Might also try the mag doctor, some good reviews and is supposed to be reasonably priced.
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby Bezzza » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:31 am

Good to see car finally getting sorted, amazing how sensitive the sensors are to pick up the pump!!!

Alliance do an amazing job, just not the best people persons :lol:
Cost me 1k to have mine done, full repaint and straightening. They were in bad shape though so may be cheaper depending on your wheels conditions.
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Postby kennysti » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:16 pm

Hooray! I have new OCVs!!! I am yet to install them but I really hope they solve the total crappiness that seems to be my lib these days. Will report back with new logs after the install for the friendly advice.

Also another query for the expert minds, I want to do a solid inspection for boost leaks just in case that may also be contributing to my constant drop in IAM. The turbo/intercooler flange seems fine, mixed feelings about the TB hose (so I will be replacing it) BOV seems to be fine as well. Where else would you start looking for boost leaks? I also changed over to a 3 port and have checked all the hoses there so that should also be ruled out.
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby kennysti » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:25 pm

A little update for anyone experiencing the same problems with their lib as I am. Still no solution has been found to the massive power drop and stutter at 2500rpm. It will come and go almost on a weekly basis. (sometimes monthly if you're lucky) Judging from my typical driving routine, if I get a long run (30 mins of freeway) the ECU will re-learn and the symptoms go away for a week at least.

At best it's a little underpowered and doesn't make peak boost. At worst with a flat foot you will get nowhere, the revs oscillate around the 2200rpm area as it struggles to get anywhere, followed by backfiring when you take your foot off the throttle. The exhaust/engine note sounds terrible and you can hear fluttering from the turbo as you try to get on boost. You are then welcomed with the above 3000rpm power surge that throws you forward, not fun or safe for the daily commute. The strangest thing is once these symptoms go away, it's perfectly normal in every way.

The following has been done to try and rectify this

5EAT Serviced - No difference
Change fuel - No difference
Boost leaks - None found
Rattles causing false knock - All noises have been eliminated, no difference
OCV replacement - showed improvement for a while, problem returned eventually
Air filter - No difference
MAF cleaned - No difference
Many tune revisions - No difference

My next plan is to replace the TB hose, only because this is a weak point in my setup, the stock one never fit nicely with the new TMIC. I doubt this will do anything but it makes me feel better knowing that is sealing properly.

So what's left..
Fuel filter?
Blocked cat?
Plugs? (supposed to have been changed at least a year ago, had symptoms longer than that)
Injectors?
Coil packs?
Cam Gears?
Drop engine off a cliff?

If anyone has a cable I could borrow for a week or so to take a few logs that might help
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby jslayz » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:10 am

Perhaps you need Fuel pressure damper.
Perhaps try the extra hose fix...???
Happy to help with this bro

J
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby Bezzza » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:55 am

Happy to let you borrow my Tactrix, just sits in my room between LV's so won't miss it for a little while.

Are you coming to the cruise Friday? Can bring along if you are.

Ian
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods