MY04 Liberty GT - FrankenStien - EOI welcome / FS

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: MY04 Liberty GT - light mods

Postby AndrewCowley » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Anyone got a link to the Rota wheels?
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby dr20t » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:39 pm

AndrewCowley wrote:Anyone got a link to the Rota wheels?

http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/brands/ROTA.html
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby Devour » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Nice mods on the car so far, sounds like you have it all planned out. Eager to see your progress!

On another note, anyone used these coilovers before?:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BC-Racing-Co ... 2eb8983921

Spring rates look ok (maybe a little rough on bumpy sydney streets) but dont know about the quality

Completely rebuildable although i suspect the 53mm diameter inserts may not take other brands if they fail (ie a koni \ bilstein \ kyb insert) and thus might be rendered rubbish after ~ 75,000 kms

Thoughts?

In regards to the listed coilovers, i have them fitted to my car currently and i use them. Even on softest setting it is still bumpy slightly but you get used to it and they are firm and provide good stability, minimal body roll when combined with a rear sway bar even on the lowest setting. Might be a bit too firm for some people.

The quality is good from what i have experienced. I know people who run the same coilovers on higher priced cars and more performance orientated and have had no issues as well as a few members on this forum who have driven on them for awhile. You are correct that they are completely rebuildable and i also assume that you cannot use the other branded inserts.

I have only had my BC coilovers installed for a short time, so i cant comment on that kilometre count. As with everything that reaches that high km count you would have to wait and see i suppose and pending where you have driven it and how hard of a life you have given the coilovers.

Considering the price you pay, you definetely get decent coilovers with adjustable camber tops for the front, generous amount of ride height adjustment as well as dampening for front and rear of 30 step adjustment. Really depends on your budget, and what your main priority is for your coilovers.

Hope this helps
Devour

Car: R34 GTR V-Spec / MY07 2.5i

Postby Gambit » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Nice build there, great work! Keep it up :)
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby dr20t » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:42 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:Wouldn't get too excited about a twin scroll, a vf34 works pretty well. Talk to AandMauto about fitting one.
Also, don't be a sissy, go a front mount.

Thanks mate. Will keep it in mind. As for front mount to be honest I'm trying to keep it as stealth looking as possible.

Already have a dedicated drag car so don't plan on going too silly with the daily and for the pressure drop, cosmetic mods and additional cost I can't justify a fmic at present.

Devour - thanks for the heads up sounds good might keep it in mind and sell the existing setup.

Gambit - that's a big compliment from someone who's ride i respect very much so cheers :) - btw absolutely love your car dude.

Mick

dr20t

Postby teflon » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:46 am

Mick... the only issue I can think of regarding the PW TMIC in the 2005 model in that thread is that the US got the 2.5L engine. They didn't ever have the 2.0L engine like we have in our prefacelift vehicles here. I'm not an expert so am not sure if this will be a problem - the turbo outlet is different on the prefacelift - I'll have to look at the pictures in that US model and see if it's the same as our prefacelift. Hopefully an expert can chime in.
teflon

Car: 2004 MY05 Pearl White Liberty GT

Postby dr20t » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:58 am

I'm pretty sure you're right Teflon. The kit they used in the thread was for a 08-09 wrx which all use 2.5.

On rexnet process west are looking for a development prefacelift vehicle to fit one of their coolers I believe.

dr20t

Postby teflon » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:03 am

dr20t wrote:On rexnet process west are looking for a development prefacelift vehicle to fit one of their coolers I believe.

Do you have a link to the thread Mick?

I know RomeSTi was the donor car for the facelift from our forums here.
teflon

Postby LGT-05T » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:17 pm

yeah my car was supposed to be the pre facelift donor but kev was too busy and hasn't called me back been waiting for a couple of months now

cheers steve
-----------Image----------
LGT-05T

Car: 05 GT

Postby teflon » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:47 pm

LGT-05T wrote:yeah my car was supposed to be the pre facelift donor but kev was too busy and hasn't called me back been waiting for a couple of months now

cheers steve

Are you going to follow it up Steve? Would be great if we could prove it would fit the prefacelift. Emailed him yesterday and he seems to think it should work, but I'd hate to fork out over 1K to find out it didn't fit.
teflon

Postby t.renshaw34 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Great start mate :), can't wait for some photos, pm me if your wanting some whiteline gear, (saw that you are looking to do your sway bars in your to do list), can help you out with some nice discounts. :)
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby dr20t » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Yeah thanks mate appreciate it. Pm sent !

Steve - would be great if you could let us know progress as it happens. I'm happy to go to the gong for a trip to speak with kev and see what we could make fit.

Just ordered a set of kando equal length headers from japan to suit twin scroll. Now need to decide on bbk twin scroll 20g billet or gtpumps twin scroll, plus the tmic. So hopefully new turbs (whatever it is), new manifold, tmic of some sort , retune and now injectors should follow in coming month or so.

Btw forgot to mention my brake upgrade completed after purchase. Dba 4000 slotted rotors and bendix advance pads front and rear.

Suspension mods next - think I'm gonna go the billies route with teins but still undecided. Definitely getting swaybars soon though.

Also decided on the Sti front lip and tossing up whether to upgrade rims or stick with the stealth sleeper look of oem rims. Hmmm what to do?

Thoughts?

dr20t

Postby teflon » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 pm

I went the billies (plan on the S-Techs early next year) but must say the improvement from the rear sway bar was a bigger improvement.

Oh... I think you or Steve should chase up the TMIC so I can get one if it fits lol. Maybe a group/power buy of 3 could twist Kev's arm to get it sorted for the prefacelift?
teflon

Postby LGT-05T » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:04 pm

ok guys,

Went past kevs today after work to see what the go is, he said that the one that he made up for jerome"s 07-09 lib would probably fit but with mods, what he'd have to change is the pipe/flange on the left (turbo side) if anything, i personally think it might be a bit more than this, but he is the expert. i was gonna get him to bring the cooler out to have a better look but he just got back from the tracks with his r35 and was in a bit of a rush to get things sorted before he goes home.

He said he'll need my car for a day to get measurements and things to get it going, but now to be honest, i don't think its worth it. its still gonna cost me $800 to be the ginnea pig and im pretty sure he said they will retail for around $1000 to $1100 (if im correct). For that money, or even cheaper, i can get a hyperflow one with no issues and thats them fitting it as well.

What are your thoughts? Im pretty sure the process west cooler is bigger compared to hyperflow ones.

cheers steve
-----------Image----------
LGT-05T

Car: 05 GT

Postby teflon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:59 pm

LGT-05T wrote:ok guys,
He said he'll need my car for a day to get measurements and things to get it going, but now to be honest, i don't think its worth it. its still gonna cost me $800 to be the ginnea pig and im pretty sure he said they will retail for around $1000 to $1100 (if im correct). For that money, or even cheaper, i can get a hyperflow one with no issues and thats them fitting it as well.

What are your thoughts? Im pretty sure the process west cooler is bigger compared to hyperflow ones.

cheers steve

Thanks for chasing that up Steve. The Process West one is definitely bigger than the hyperflow... the hyperflow retails for $890 at the moment with room to move if we managed to get a group buy of 5 or so people. Although when I last enquired with John at hyperflow he said just let him know exact numbers and he could work out a deal even if there were less than 5 people putting their hands up.

Kev did quote me $1100 retail... what is the cost of it fitted as the guinea pig? $800 or $800 + fitting? The other issue would be no engine cover or cutting the engine cover in half to at least cover the belts. At $800 if it were me I would be tempted (assuming you don't mind the issue with the engine cover). Of course our other option is for the three of us to do a power buy at hyperflow! :D Let us know what you decide mate... it was the process west idea that stopped me from pulling the trigger immediately on Cruisn's TMIC the other day - in retrospect I should have just fired away lol, because $1100 + fitting = hyperflow plus a custom centre pipe!

Edit: Sorry to hijack your thread Mick unless of course you don't mind discussing these options with us mate :D
teflon

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods