Member Profile - Devour

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Devour

Postby teK-- » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Yeah I like the one Mark posted better. 8)

IMHO the garage door rubbers cheapen what is a very nice list of mods you had going. They look very stuck on no matter how they are fitted.

Most track events don't require battery and tow markers (certainly not the Winton fun days). You're better off marking triangles temporarily with electrical tape when the need arises.

Also if you do end up turning your car into a dedicated weekend racer then no worries changing to different seats otherwise side airbags = roadworthy and insurance issues. The facelift model seats lost all the bolster and thigh supports unfortunately. They could have done worse though by fitting a bench seat with no headrests. Try a CG-Lock attachment I use one on the track and mountain runs.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby hamish_023 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Agreed with above, Not a huge fan of the latest mods, It was perfect before
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby teK-- » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:28 pm

p.s. are you talking about Charles' Lowmax seat? Because I'm pretty sure he's got a replica one and I sure wouldn't trust my life to a replica seat.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Devour » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:40 am

Thanks for the honest words G, Mark, Hamish, Kieran, Darren and Jim. I will definitely take all your feedback into account as i honestly value what each and everyone of you have to say as i know you all more or less personally in some way.

G, thanks for the kind words and info bud, will definetely research into what you have mentioned on the seat and i definetely cant wait for some track time!

Jim, you are absolutely correct in what you are saying. Thanks for letting me know about whats required. I am using the fun day as a first experience. i am definitely keen on undertaking more track work using this car to an extent as a stepping stone for learning until i can own and drive a faster car to take to the track. I will get one eventually and my liberty will suffice for track experience now. Will look into a CG-Lock attachment as per your recommendation Jim, you always have a wealth of info for me haha, thanks heaps for passing it over to me.

Jim, I did drive Charles' turbo skyline which provided me with great support and yes it is a replica but i have also been in a real bride seat in another friends car. Apart from a few logos and stuff and the difference in weight and backing there isnt much difference in terms of holding ability except the material quality and weight, but i agree with you that the real thing is always better over the fake for sure any day of the week.

Cheers guys for all your feedback guys, i know each and everyone of you appreciate my car as much as i do and my journey along the way and you have all played vital parts in it including your feedback and criticism. Will consider to revert the recent changes as they are all only more or less stickers and/or 'stick ons'. Worse comes to worse, i can just rip it all off in a matter of minutes so its not permanent by any means.

Thanks heaps everyone, appreciate all the feedback you guys give :D
Devour

Car: R34 GTR V-Spec / MY07 2.5i

Postby Devour » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:10 am

Car reverted back to its former glory just in time for last nights massive JDMST meet!

Devour

Postby hamish_023 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:23 am

YES Aaron!
:D :D
hamish_023

Postby bosc0 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:27 am

Nice! Moar pics are required 8)
bosc0

Car: GT SpecB wagon

Member Profile - Devour

Postby Gambit » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 am

^nice!
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby cruisn » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Saw it in the flesh a few hours ago.

Sooooo much better Aaron. :good:

(although you should exit drive ways sideways at your height, saves your lip. :wink: )
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Kekotic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Hurray you have seen the light! :D

Lookin sexy again
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Devour » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:59 am

haha thanks everyone.

Bosco, ive been waiting for moar pics from JDMST but unfortunately i was the only liberty there and there was heaps more photos of GTRs, EVOs and hondas. Surprisingly for a 60 odd car meet there was heaps of cars, only 4 subarus or so....Bit unrepresented but i tried my best. Photos of me were scarce but oh well great day and turnout and the car scrubbed up well yet again to be on show. Only other one of me, before heaps of other cars arrived.

Haha cheers Mark yeah my mate as i as going down was like dude sideways it i was like oh i forgot im driving my car and didnt angle it enough and had the rims and a passenger gg scraped LOL. Definetely gotta practice that sideways action more but yeah haha was good to see you.
Devour

Postby seanmau5 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:13 am

Something as subtle as the white tyre paint just adds that bit more oomph to the look of the car. I'd probably skip on the tow, battery stickers etc but definitely stick with the tyre paint. Me likely :)
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby Kekotic » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:25 am

No! don't tell him the tyre paint looks good, he just took all that JDM ricer crap off the car. :lol:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Devour » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:47 am

Cheers for the input Sean, i wasnt quite sold on it but i cant be bothered putting it back on now. Appreciate the feedback :D
Devour

Postby hamish_023 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:19 am

The tyre paint ruins it IMO, when you look at his car the first thing you see is the glaring white Kumho text, instead people should be looking at the brakes, rims and features of the car.
hamish_023

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods