Member Profile - Devour

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Devour

Postby Devour » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Cheers Justin!

Im really keen on moving to forced induction Justin, so ill want to wait and save for that plus the manual gearbox that comes with the turbo car also. Its just a matter of time now haha
Devour

Car: R34 GTR V-Spec / MY07 2.5i

Postby Devour » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Hey guys,

Bit of an update, went with my mate who is part of the committee on SAU VIC and went to their show and shine where they were able to bring their cars into Docklands waterfront. Very cool day! In preparation for it, i helped my mate clean up his r34 as well as help him with the front lip in preparation for the day

My friend does group buys on garage door seals from the US, cf wrap and other stuff on behalf of SAU VIC. He had some leftovers and over the weekend when he did his car for the SAU show and shine, he also did the rear of my car instead of throwing it out since it was only a small bit left really only useable for strakes/nismo style pods/aero spats whatever you want to call it.

I am still a bit undecided if it suits my car, perhaps it suits more sports cars like skylines and evos but for the time being ill keep it. Nonetheless a bit of rice to add to the rear of the car :lol:

Using Garage door seals is a USDM thing.

Anyway pics explain more than words so here you go

Example of the door seal used on a R34 25GT-T (Yellow one)

Front Lip

Front Lip Garage Door Seal up close - R33 GTS25T

Nismo genuine original rear pods - BNR34 V-SPEC 2 NUR

Garage Door Seal Version of Nismo Pods Up close - R34 25GT-T

Garage Door Seal Version pods on my Subaru Liberty
Last edited by Devour on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devour

Postby sedstrSTI » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:51 pm

I know charles too!! haha small world,

they look awesome IMO
2005 2.5i & 2007 GTB STI
Real men drive manual.
sedstrSTI
formerly sedstr

Car: 07 GTB STI & MY05 2.5i

Postby Devour » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Haha, yeah its Charles from SAU. Indeed small world Serge!

Cheers for your opinion bud
Devour

Postby hamish_023 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:17 pm

I like, think it would suit better if it was same carbon fibre finish as the diffuser though.
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Devour » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Cheers Hamish!

Yeah i thought that also and asked my mate about it, but since its a rubber surface much like the seals on our doors, its almost impossible for the cf wrap to be placed on it or else my mate and I would have wrapped them up so that it matches my diffuser.

Even regular double sided tape is difficult to tack it on. Had to use high tack tape that bonds to rubber so that if you rip off the seals it tears it into pieces or else it wont bond together. I also used the existing Subaru holes on the rear bar 3 in total on one side and used nuts bolts, washers, leftover subaru clips from my front lip and high tack double sided tape seems to work well for both the skyline and my car so far.
Devour

Postby HoFF » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:37 pm

I like the idea of the seals for a front lip. You don't have to worry about cracking your lip on driveways, it will just flex :D
HoFF
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT MY09 Foz
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13577&start=255

Postby bates91 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:29 pm

ill probably do something v. similar for front lip, possibly side skirts as well
rear pods dont really flow with your diffuser imo but it doesnt look terrible by any means...
bates91
-stickered-

Car: BMW 135i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15799

Postby cruisn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Doesnt look too bad Aaron, just needs something on the side skirts to tie in now. :wink:
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Devour » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 am

Cheers guys, some of the skylines run a much stiffer harder compound seal for the front lip so it doesnt flex and roll back whilst driving but some also use the softer one so when you do drive up driveways and park it just flexes.

Bates91 - Hrm i thought that at first but its still something nice that adds to the rear, still matches the darkened colour scheme on grey paint so im happy considering it didnt cost me anything but yeah thanks man appreciate it.

Cruisn - Mark, i thought that also but then we get pretty beefy side skirts from factory...ill have to look into it and see the options but cheers Mark
Devour

Postby Devour » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Hey Guys,

Spectated a few track days and ive really been craving to have a go on the track. I plan on going early 2012 with a few mates. Lately the car is just getting prepared for this. Ive done one driver training day at Sandown Raceway with Driver Dynamics so far, with a few more planned early next year. Definetely a good day out, very highly recommended. Level two is a skidpan day which is more intense held at the Police Academy in Glen Waverley which i will undertake soon as well as a DECA day held by SAU sometime next year.

I am pretty content with my attitude and skill level to take onto the track. My friend advises me there is a Winton funday coming up 28th January 2012 with no license required for about 35 dollars or so, which makes it perfect for me to enter and get familiar with.

Very keen on taking my car in its current state, i think the modifications are ready for it. Only way to find out would be to hit the track and see if its for me. Id like to get used to my car currently which i know is N/A as well as automatic but would be provide me with a solid background when i move onto a much more powerful vehicle. I will no doubt learn things about handling a motor vehicle in a proper controlled environment.

Mods list updated with:

- Carbon wrapped Steering Wheel left silver panel Image
- Carbon wrapped Inner Subaru logo on Steering Wheel Image
- Carbon wrapped B pillars x2 Image 1 Image 2
- Carbon wrapped Foglight Covers x2 Image 1 Image 2
- Carbon wrapped Tow section cut x1 Image
- Carbon wrapped inner mouth section of front bar Image
- Screw type RED track tow hook with allen key based drop head Image
- CAMS approved Fire Extinguisher with bracket mounted to drivers seat Image
- Track Set Stickers Image
• Tow x2 Image 1 Image 2
• Extinguisher x2 Image
• Blue Battery Triangle x1 Image
• Yellow Arrow x2 Image
- Tyre Marking ink on tyres Image 1 Image 2 Image 3

Currently researching into a helmet as well as a seat. Driven a skyline with a Bride Gias Low Max Seat and i must say, im definetely sold. Much more solid than any STi or Recaro seat i have sat in thus far. I have tried to slip out of the seat which is impossible so i will definetely look into one of those.

So those two items will be added to future modifications as well as an AASA license for Winton Motor Raceway for future events.

• Bride Low Max Gias Seat
• CAMS approved helmet
• License

Many images listed below are from the VIC BBQ Christmas, thanks goes out to Gambit and Egg for the photography of my car. Cheers guys!

Images of how the car looks at the moment. Sorry if its a bit of the repost for those who have seen the car at the meet and those who have visited the photo section for the meet and have seen these photos already. Just wanted to add it in my member profile section.

First page updated with mods.
Devour

Postby 3rspecb » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:04 am

Awesome work, the car looks fantastic.

Remember your OE drivers seat has airbags so when/if you swap it out for a race seat you might have issues with your safety system.

Their are probably ways to work around this but be careful.

Also Winton is a great track to learn, it was my first track when I started racing my WRX.

The Winton fun days can get pretty hectic, so be careful and most of all enjoy..
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby cruisn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Personally I think your car looks hot like this Aaron. I think its a little overdone now. Thats just my opinion though.

cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Kekotic » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:54 pm

He's been spending too much time with Penga!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby drndrn » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:43 pm

cruisn wrote:Personally I think your car looks hot like this Aaron. I think its a little overdone now. Thats just my opinion though.

Agreed.
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods