Kiahatsiu's 05 Wagon: stepping it up again.

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Kiahatsiu's 05 Wagon

Postby kiahatsiu » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:19 pm

coyote wrote:
kiahatsiu wrote:Ended up changing most of the vac lines and plastic t pieces related to boost control

Go and squeeze those hoses. There are some little plastic restrictors inside that are important for boost control (but not required with a 3 port).

I just changed vac lines on the vf34 itself, and changed a very crap looking T piece. The lines running to the boost controller are stock.
I will pm you re the tuning you may be doing in Feb.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:59 am

I squeezed my tubes and still have the pills..........hehehe.
kiahatsiu

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Productive day, fitted a turbo smart recirculating blow off valve. Whilst no faster, the car is much nicer to drive now. Doesn't sound like a VL turbo.
kiahatsiu

Postby T-REXX » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:54 pm

i would be wary of using the Grimmspeed 3 ports. a few people have found them lately to be failing.. best to look at the Peirburg Solenoids.. Life Time Warranty, used by PRO DRIVE and direct fit PnP. cheaper to

Also we have the BBK-L on special atm for the Libertys.. $1700 custom billet wheel
Blouch RBK
Bullet HD
COBB Tuning
ZeroSports

T-REXX

Postby Kekotic » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:04 pm

T-REXX wrote:i would be wary of using the Grimmspeed 3 ports. a few people have found them lately to be failing.. best to look at the Peirburg Solenoids.. Life Time Warranty, used by PRO DRIVE and direct fit PnP. cheaper to

Failing in what way? And where can you get these Peirburg ones?

Thanks.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby kiahatsiu » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:18 pm

G'day,
Just bought a grimmspeed one 2 days go, hasn't gone on the car yet, but I will keep the Peirburg jobbie in mind.
As for the turbo, the car is due to be re tuned by a forum member, to see if there is any more in it. If the thing continues to fall over up top I might just chase you up about that BBK, as I am sure i will be able to sell it to some one else when I get my 2.5 together.
kiahatsiu

Postby Stu » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:40 pm

T-REXX wrote:i would be wary of using the Grimmspeed 3 ports. a few people have found them lately to be failing.. best to look at the Peirburg Solenoids.. Life Time Warranty, used by PRO DRIVE and direct fit PnP. cheaper to

Also we have the BBK-L on special atm for the Libertys.. $1700 custom billet wheel

:roll: If you actually knew, the Grimmspeed is practically the same design as the peirburg - albeit the Grimmspeed looks much nicer! Both are 3 port solenoids which require slightly different routed hoses from the stock setup. I've had no dramas with my Grimmspeed and haven't heard of anyone else having them fail.

Please enlighten us all with examples of these failures.....? unless of course this is a shameless plug for ProSpeed selling Peirburg solenoids?
I own a Liberty honest!

2008 Liberty GT tuned by STI #43 obs black sedan - 211Kw atw - WSID 13.136 @ 106mph 1.825 60ft - Wakefield 1:13.518
2005 Liberty 2.5i silver wagon - The daily "Beater" - a bit slower
Stu

Car: 2008 Lib GT STI #43, 2005 Lib 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13003

Postby T-REXX » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 pm

The grimmspeed is in 2 parts. 1st part is Mac and the other part is well I'm not sure.

MSR has had 3. Another two from
Newy and 1 in Canberra and that is just what I know.
And it's not something that has been ongoing. Maybe it was a bad batch.
All these were brand new and purchased in the last 6 months.

Quite welcome to ask MSR his view. Don't need to take it from me.

I know one customer took the Mac part of solenoid off the faulty one and put it on another grimmspeed. Worked fine.
So it's not the Mac part that is failing.

As for them being similar. They are both 3 port. That's as far as it
Goes. Both are nothing alike.
And I'm not sure when looks came into the equation of them working fine or failing.
Blouch RBK
Bullet HD
COBB Tuning
ZeroSports

T-REXX

Postby T-REXX » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:31 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:G'day,
Just bought a grimmspeed one 2 days go, hasn't gone on the car yet, but I will keep the Peirburg jobbie in mind.
As for the turbo, the car is due to be re tuned by a forum member, to see if there is any more in it. If the thing continues to fall over up top I might just chase you up about that BBK, as I am sure i will be able to sell it to some one else when I get my 2.5 together.

If you have a stock 2.5 the 18g xt is (bbk-m) is the biggest you would want to go. Not overly big turbo but pushes the numbers out.
Blouch RBK
Bullet HD
COBB Tuning
ZeroSports

T-REXX

Postby kiahatsiu » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:00 am

It is actually just an un-opened 2.0 T-Rexx. On the subject of td05s I have a 20g lying around my garage that was built for a circuit racing ej20 wrx in NZ. Old mate who built it assures me it will be no slower to spool than my vf34 was (which seems very slow for a vf34), I am contemplating getting it on the car before it gets tuned again, just to see what it does. Worst case, I have a 20g which will be an all right compromise on my planned 2.5 whilst in um and ah over garretts.
As for the boost controllers, If this grimmspeed does shite itself I will at least know what it is all about now.
kiahatsiu

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Update.
I have just ordered a BBK-L. One of those ball bearing td05-20g's with the billet wheel, which, interestingly enough is blue. Whilst the colour of the wheel is just dandy, i find the ball bearing core and billetiness of the wheel much more appealing. I also purchased a set of injectors off a facelifted GT-B and fuel rails. I will get stuck into fitting these items this coming weekend. The only issue will be the turbo is designed to bolt onto an STI with a top mount. I will need to make a "thing" which consists of a matching flange and about an 2 inches of pipe so I can join it to my existing cooler piping with a silicon hose. I will also need to rotate the compressor housing.
If anyone can think of a less ghetto solution to the flange thing, let me know.
kiahatsiu

Postby T-REXX » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:Update.
I have just ordered a BBK-L. One of those ball bearing td05-20g's with the billet wheel, which, interestingly enough is blue. Whilst the colour of the wheel is just dandy, i find the ball bearing core and billetiness of the wheel much more appealing. I also purchased a set of injectors off a facelifted GT-B and fuel rails. I will get stuck into fitting these items this coming weekend. The only issue will be the turbo is designed to bolt onto an STI with a top mount. I will need to make a "thing" which consists of a matching flange and about an 2 inches of pipe so I can join it to my existing cooler piping with a silicon hose. I will also need to rotate the compressor housing.

Yup and you will be stoked with the result..
but bare in mind.. the turbo is a 20G wheel.. NOT a TD05 Turbo. ITs a garrett Core turbo with 20g Size wheel in it.
Better then a TD05;)
Blouch RBK
Bullet HD
COBB Tuning
ZeroSports

T-REXX

Postby jaydece » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:24 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:Update.
The only issue will be the turbo is designed to bolt onto an STI with a top mount. I will need to make a "thing" which consists of a matching flange and about an 2 inches of pipe so I can join it to my existing cooler piping with a silicon hose. I will also need to rotate the compressor housing.

you mean something like this? :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864&start=105

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864&start=135
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Yes. It seems they would be called a compressor outlet pipe. Makes sense.
kiahatsiu

Postby kiahatsiu » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 pm

T-REXX wrote:Yup and you will be stoked with the result..
but bare in mind.. the turbo is a 20G wheel.. NOT a TD05 Turbo. ITs a garrett Core turbo with 20g Size wheel in it.
Better then a TD05;)

Yeah, I must tell you I am really looking forward to getting stuck into it. Hopefully I can get a little better than the 100mph trap that did with "180kw" at the wheels.
kiahatsiu

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods