Kiahatsiu's 05 Wagon: stepping it up again.

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Kiahatsiu's 05 Wagon-- down the slippery slope.

Postby kiahatsiu » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:10 am

More so that driving everywhere on the a048rs is a pain in the arse. I have set of Achillies 123 or some such shit to drive on the street with. Anything with less road noise as to be better.
As for the quater, nah, I still haven't run it in full anger. Last time out was at powercruise on an unprepared strip with dirty semi slicks on it ie, they were covered in shit, came straight of Queensland Raceway and drive to the campsite, so picked up dust and rocks, then tried to launch at 5500 rpm...net result was a 3 second 60' and a 13.2 at 117.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby dr20t » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:57 am

kiahatsiu wrote:More so that driving everywhere on the a048rs is a pain in the arse. I have set of Achillies 123 or some such shit to drive on the street with. Anything with less road noise as to be better.
As for the quater, nah, I still haven't run it in full anger. Last time out was at powercruise on an unprepared strip with dirty semi slicks on it ie, they were covered in shit, came straight of Queensland Raceway and drive to the campsite, so picked up dust and rocks, then tried to launch at 5500 rpm...net result was a 3 second 60' and a 13.2 at 117.

1.8 60' and you've just done a 10.9
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby kiahatsiu » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:55 pm

I did exaggerate a bit there, it was a 2.9 60. Hilarious though.
It is hard to understand the relationship between launching and MPH in something AWD. The thing I understand from RWD/FWD cars don't seem to apply.
kiahatsiu

Postby dr20t » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:44 pm

How is that even possible unless you backed off before the line or hit rev limit, missed a shift et al

To have a 2.9 60ft, 13.2 et and 117mph trap means a shit launch, a super strong mid track, shaky finish

Those numbers don't make sense

When I did my 13.2 with a 2.8 60ft I trapped 125mph

dr20t

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:I did exaggerate a bit there, it was a 2.9 60. Hilarious though.
It is hard to understand the relationship between launching and MPH in something AWD. The thing I understand from RWD/FWD cars don't seem to apply.

Awesome :good:

I don't think a launch will affect your MPH unless you're wasting distance doing a major burnout.

117mph is pretty sweet. 120-122 would be max by the sounds..:) 10.9s IMO is a bit of a dream without an insane dragstyle launch. Not exactly the most important feature on a street car, so I figure your trap speed is ultimately more important :D

Mighty car mods were running 122/124mph and only managed 11.9s on the old soobie wagon. Looks like the manual gearchanges really cost time vs auto.

Hope you have time to enjoy the torque (and scare big bikes on the road)!
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby kiahatsiu » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:55 am

dr20t wrote:How is that even possible unless you backed off before the line or hit rev limit, missed a shift et al

To have a 2.9 60ft, 13.2 et and 117mph trap means a shit launch, a super strong mid track, shaky finish

Those numbers don't make sense

When I did my 13.2 with a 2.8 60ft I trapped 125mph

Pretty much nailed it. Terrible start, hauled from about mid track, then did something weird where the boost was not holding target in 4th and 5th. It would swing up to target then it would creep back down to spring pressure. Driving the car you could here the turbo spinning down. That is all sorted now though. Didn't really show itself on the street or on the track at powercruise as it is mostly squirts in 2nd and third, with a little bit into 4th. I think for the kids playing at home this a function of not running a big enough spring in the gate, and trying to bleed too much air off to make a boost target.
And lets face it, your car makes a lot more power than mine!
kiahatsiu

Postby kiahatsiu » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:59 am

My friends (believe it or not I do have a few) and I have done A few things to make this car a nicer place to be over the last few weeks with yesterday being a fairly big day.
The doors have now been Dynamated, an anycar 1080 has been installed, the broken McIntosh speakers have been replaced, a kicker comp RT 8" sub now lives in the boot and an alpine mono amp now lives under the seat. It sounds so much better, I don't know why I didn't do that years ago.
Next up it has new A048rs on it, with a more aggressive wheel alignment, the guards have been pulled and rolled to fit them in. It is great to be able to tip into corners and step on the gas knowing I am not shredding sidewalls.
Finally, I replaced my old 20psi Autometer boost gauge with a 30psi Turbosmart one. It reads very accurately. Naturally, I also had Tony wind the boost up to 25 and put a few deg more timing in. We know what power it made, but we are keeping that to ourselves until I learn to drive!
kiahatsiu

Postby HardwareBoB » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:09 am

I can't believe it's taken you so long to add bluetooth and fix all the stereo! Still, sounds like some good work, should make it a much nicer place to be, and with the guards all rolled and the boost turned up to 11, sounds like it's pretty well sorted at the moment!

Just hanging out for those power figures :)
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby jslayz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:23 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:My friends (believe it or not I do have a few) and I have done A few things to make this car a nicer place to be over the last few weeks with yesterday being a fairly big day.
The doors have now been Dynamated, an anycar 1080 has been installed, the broken McIntosh speakers have been replaced, a kicker comp RT 8" sub now lives in the boot and an alpine mono amp now lives under the seat. It sounds so much better, I don't know why I didn't do that years ago.
Next up it has new A048rs on it, with a more aggressive wheel alignment, the guards have been pulled and rolled to fit them in. It is great to be able to tip into corners and step on the gas knowing I am not shredding sidewalls.
Finally, I replaced my old 20psi Autometer boost gauge with a 30psi Turbosmart one. It reads very accurately. Naturally, I also had Tony wind the boost up to 25 and put a few deg more timing in. We know what power it made, but we are keeping that to ourselves until I learn to drive!

So can you post up a curve with all the numbers blanked out and we can play the guessing game?
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby kiahatsiu » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:54 pm

I'll be less obtuse, it made 340kw.....but for what ever reason it was only making a touch under 300 on the same boost and timing as the time it made 315ish.
It had an identical curve, just lower. It was a much hotter day, and Tony has changed the way he straps the cars down, so maybe that is the difference in the base line.
I have driven it for a day now and think that it needs anther 2-3 psi and another few degrees.
kiahatsiu

Postby dr20t » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:57 pm

That's awesome

But why you pussy for?

35psi and call it a day

dr20t

Postby kiahatsiu » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:04 pm

I think I will just keep edging it up over time. That way I will get enjoyment out of each stage.
The thing that blows me away is just how much faster it feels now. I mean it was quick before, but now (well at least yesterday) as the driver I was getting that breathless feeling you get as a passenger in a fast car, not knowing exactly when the power was going to come in. Last night, on private road, it had the tyres squealing from hitting boost in second until about 5500rpm in third. I was astonished.
I might have to pack 5 jerry cans of e85 and drive to Sydney soon.
kiahatsiu

Postby dr20t » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:00 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:I think I will just keep edging it up over time. That way I will get enjoyment out of each stage.
The thing that blows me away is just how much faster it feels now. I mean it was quick before, but now (well at least yesterday) as the driver I was getting that breathless feeling you get as a passenger in a fast car, not knowing exactly when the power was going to come in. Last night, on private road, it had the tyres squealing from hitting boost in second until about 5500rpm in third. I was astonished.
I might have to pack 5 jerry cans of e85 and drive to Sydney soon.

Sydney would welcome you and your beast

:)

dr20t

Postby kiahatsiu » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:03 pm

12.5@117.06 mph..... 2.0 60' oh and 30 degrees on the slip and 37 on in car air temp gauge. Had expected a lot more in the way of MPH but I feel the temp killed it. Also seemed to suffer from fuel surge due to running with a low tank in the later runs. Would really carry on bucking around when changing gear and take a second to come back onto boost which is doesn't do on the street.
kiahatsiu

Postby alexeiwoody » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:19 pm

kiahatsiu wrote:12.5@117.06 mph..... 2.0 60' oh and 30 degrees on the slip and 37 on in car air temp gauge. Had expected a lot more in the way of MPH but I feel the temp killed it. Also seemed to suffer from fuel surge due to running with a low tank in the later runs. Would really carry on bucking around when changing gear and take a second to come back onto boost which is doesn't do on the street.

Not bad for a 30-37 degree day! Looks like it's got an 11sec in it on a cooler day with a proper launch :)
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods