Member Profile: Kekotic (Updated 12/04/14)

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile: Chaotic2050

Postby iisshhyy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:33 pm

this is the best thing since sliced bread!!
iisshhyy

Postby Kekotic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:43 pm

cruisn wrote:Yes but to do things properly, Id go brakes before more power. :wink:

With brakes you get looks also. :P

Seeing as I'm running basically stock power with just a Dump pipe, I'm sure my TMIC, centre pipe and tune will be not too much to handle for my GT brakes. I mean after all Gambit was/still is? running his 240kw ATW on the GT brakes, I'm sure my 160kw~ ATW will handle it fine for a few months before I get Brembos :roll:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Kekotic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Scale reference so you can see actually how big it is.

This is not some once off thing either, Clarence can do this for anyone who has had photos taken by him. Just ask him (although he's going away for 2 weeks but after that should be all good)

Will have to post some pics soon of my lighting setup as I guess it's kind of a "thing" for me that I have done to the car.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Got the custom 3" centre to 2.25" Y-pipe in Mild-Steel installed today with a 8x6 muffler in the centre I think? Will have to double check on the centre muffler because I forget at the moment.
All made by Barney at Hallam Performance Exhausts. Absolutely awesome bloke and great to watch him knock up the system from scratch.

As per the 1st page I'm running PHAT Quads and PHAT DP, and the sound levels are absolutely perfect and no drone on the freeway. I was after a performance oriented note without the obnoxious levels you often see on WRX's where you can hear them cruising at 3000rpm from 500 metres away. I prefer a more subtle approach to modding. And I got what I was after.
Awesome install and Barney is a really meticulous guy, finally my phat quads line up absolutely perfectly, no more 1 set of tips sticking out too far or burning my bumper, I tried to reseat the things myself about 6 times and could never fix it, zip ties and all would always go back to burning on the right side after driving for a bit.

I wish I took some pics of the install but my bloody camera was in my car and up on the hoist, will have to grab a few pics another time. But I will post some videos maybe tomorrow of the sound.

Anyway that's it for now, just waiting on a certain JUSTIN to hurry up and get his FMIC in so I can get his Perrin TMIC.
Also going to grab the Perrin turbo inlet pipe sometime next week and have a go at installing it myself, seems easy enough.

I had been told by a few members that 3" wasn't viable running phat dp + quads as it was too loud, but Barney has proven all that wrong by making a great system for me, can't wait to take a vid of it.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Member Profile: Chaotic2050

Postby Gambit » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Great work! Thumbs up :)
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby Kekotic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks Gambit.
Still stoked about Brian (brainy)'s hookup with Barney @ Hallam Performance.

The guy has 30 years experience with exhausts, he's so good that he does everything by eye. Doesn't measure or anything, he just knows exactly what he needs in angles and length by eye. I cannot imagine the amount of time it takes to get that good, but 30 years is a good guess :lol:

Just hoping the weather is good enough tomorrow for a wash, so I can take video of the exhaust.
Might even get the trolley jack out and take some photos of the centre if I can be bothered.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Will post some drive-by videos plus a video with the GoPro mounted to the rear bumper next weekend when I get a chance to record it.
Last edited by Kekotic on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby wally09 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:47 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:Also going to grab the Perrin turbo inlet pipe sometime next week and have a go at installing it myself, seems easy enough.

assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. Haha have fun with the turbo inlet pipe, I know I did. Easy if you have small hands
HEAR IT.....FEAR IT
SEE IT.....FLEE IT
wally09

Car: MY07 Liberty GT STi

Postby Kekotic » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:53 pm

wally09 wrote:
chaotic2050 wrote:Also going to grab the Perrin turbo inlet pipe sometime next week and have a go at installing it myself, seems easy enough.

assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. Haha have fun with the turbo inlet pipe, I know I did. Easy if you have small hands

I'm taking my car around to Cruisns house either next weekend or the one after, depending on Justin and when he finally takes his TMIC off so I can grab it.
Mark is going to help me with the Inlet pipe and a couple of other things.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby hamish_023 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:11 pm

I'm jealous your exhaust set up, any pics of set up underneath?
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Kekotic » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks Hamish.

I'll take some pictures next weekend, I will put the car up on the jack stands and take a few shots.
I was looking at it today whilst I was slaving away cleaning the exhaust tips inside with Autosol (such a dirty job) and it looks pretty damn cool underneath.
The centre+y is sprayed in black so looks pretty tough.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby fatfrog02 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:07 am

wally09 wrote:

Easy job if you find some online DIY and follow the instructions closely, also definitely helps to have two people do the job.
fatfrog02

Postby Gambit » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:56 am

Sounds good. Gotta say Having the center muffler really shuts them up. As long as its 3inch internal diameter will still make the power.
Gambit

Postby Kekotic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Got the car back from Revzone today and I was pleasantly surprised, the knocking sounds (2) that started happening at the front drivers side around mid December ended up being a combination of the swaybar being loose, and the drivers side Bilstein (which I hoped....nay...prayed was the cause and not something expensive) had it's spring insulator insert between the spring and the top hats was loose / come off, so the spring was colliding with the metal top. So it was an easy fix :D

Also had EVERY single fluid in the car replaced, decided to go with the expensive option for Diffs/gearbox/clutch with Motul, and then some redline coolant. Went with Royal Purple 5W-30 for engine oil will see how it is. Also had a few other niggly things fixed like they fixed up my threaded front swaybar nut, which I was trying to take off because I thought the swaybar might have been causing a knocking, but then I couldn't take it off in the end :(
Also fixed up a belt that was a little squeaky, just needed re tensioning.

Spoke to Justin at Revzone for a bit and I'll be taking my car there for the tune in the very near future. Also heard from JZNTME today and he will finally be able to give me his Perrin TMIC next week, been a long wait but it will be worth it.
Then on the list to buy will be Perrin Turbo inlet pipe and intake pipe. And the revzone fuel pump which doesn't need any cutting or modifying, it's a direct fit replacement for the stock fuel pump. I forget the name of it unfortunately, but will get that installed on the day of the tune. So hopefully in February I'll be looking at around 180kw ATW.

Aaaaand that's my update for now. 8)
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Gambit » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Must drive very nice now.. Seems that there will be a few cars out of revzone with 180ish atw.. :)
Gambit

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods