Member Profile: Kekotic (Updated 12/04/14)

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile: Chaotic2050

Postby icnfly » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:33 pm

PHAT GT wrote:went to have a look at the Perrin pipe this morning as one of my customers stocks these and it would seem that Perrin has a new design with a better placed BOV return connecting pipe. anyway i will pick up one of these soon and see if the fitment is any better

maybe u can design and make ur own intake 4 the aus lib? I'll buy one :)
icnfly

Car: MY 07 Liberty GT Spec B Sedan 6sp

Postby Kekotic » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Perrin TMIC is on - huge thank you to Justin for installing it for me, what a champ!
Also threw on the Perrin AFTA-MAF pipe too, but not going to try tackle the Turbo inlet pipe myself. Might need to get Cruisn to help me there when his boss says it's okay for him to resume work :D

Here are a couple of pics, one was with the engine cover (sort of) on just to see what it looks like. It won't fit without being cut a little on the TMIC hole section. I'm currently waiting for the engine cover to be sent by Dr20t from the part out car, so I can fit that as it's already been cut for an after market TMIC. Rather than ruin my own one.
Also no clearance issues with the strut brace either, so credit to Justin for mounting it well.

I forgot to put on the ABS covers as we took it off to put the AFTA-MAF pipe on, but you get the idea.

Now to spend all of tomorrow cleaning the engine bay, boot, interior and wheel arches + rims for the show n shine next weekend :evil:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby bass_straitener » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Looks good Kieran.

Any difference in performance :)
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby Kekotic » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Noticed a reduction in heatsoak, but I didn't get much of a chance to test it out. Mostly just did it to benefit the future tune. Don't think any performance gains would be noticeable without the tune for a new intercooler.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Stu » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Hey Kieran, good to see you got the Perrin TMIC and very stealthy in black too!

What hose did you use from the TMIC to the throttle body? AVO, stock? I still find mine a complete PITA to refit every time I take it off, and the throttle body hose is always a little squished :(
I own a Liberty honest!

2008 Liberty GT tuned by STI #43 obs black sedan - 211Kw atw - WSID 13.136 @ 106mph 1.825 60ft - Wakefield 1:13.518
2005 Liberty 2.5i silver wagon - The daily "Beater" - a bit slower
Stu

Car: 2008 Lib GT STI #43, 2005 Lib 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13003

Postby Kekotic » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Stu wrote:What hose did you use from the TMIC to the throttle body? AVO, stock? I still find mine a complete PITA to refit every time I take it off, and the throttle body hose is always a little squished :(

Still stock, Justin managed to make it work somehow. It's not a perfect fit though that's for sure. I'll look in to finding one with a little more of a bend/longer in the future. Is the AVO one longer or something? What are you using?

Stu wrote:Hey Kieran, good to see you got the Perrin TMIC and very stealthy in black too!

Cheers mate, when I first put my hand up for the TMIC back in November when I realised Justin would be going FMIC and hadn't put the TMIC up for sale yet, I never bothered to ask if it was silver, which is what I wanted. But I made sure I was the first to PM him about the Perrin as I knew he had it, I only found out a few weeks later that it was actually black not silver.

I was still a little unsure of the colour coming in to today, but I figured I'm saving myself roughly $500 so it doesn't matter. But I have to say, seeing it on with the engine cover sitting over, it looks bloody amazing. Way better than silver which would stand out too much. The pictures I took don't do it justice. I will take some next weekend / get some taken at the show n shine with all the covers on.
It doesn't get lost in the engine bay being black which is what I was afraid would happen, because it's more of a gloss black and all the engine bay covers are a sort of flat dark dark grey.

I'm over the moon about it all :D
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Stu » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:
Stu wrote:What hose did you use from the TMIC to the throttle body? AVO, stock? I still find mine a complete PITA to refit every time I take it off, and the throttle body hose is always a little squished :(

Still stock, Justin managed to make it work somehow. It's not a perfect fit though that's for sure. I'll look in to finding one with a little more of a bend/longer in the future. Is the AVO one longer or something? What are you using?

Just got another AVO tb hose last week to fit, but haven't given it a real try yet. My previous AVO tb hose was cut down a tiny bit, as recommended by some of the US legacy guys, but it kept coming off! :x I've been driving around for awhile now with a fairly modified bit of 68mm 45degree silicon pipe, but it was still squished a little once fully installed.

Perhaps I'm just useless with my big banana fingers trying to get in around the throttle body :lol: what a design!

Can't wait to see your show n shine pics!
I own a Liberty honest!

2008 Liberty GT tuned by STI #43 obs black sedan - 211Kw atw - WSID 13.136 @ 106mph 1.825 60ft - Wakefield 1:13.518
Stu

Postby Kekotic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:17 am

Stu wrote:Can't wait to see your show n shine pics!

Thanks.
Got about 12 hours planned of cleaning tomorrow, all the bits that won't collect any dust sitting in the garage before next weekend for the outside detail :lol:

Let me know if you find any new hoses that are longer / have a more direct bend on the TMIC side. That's the main problem that I can see. Mine still fits with stock pipe and didn't cause any issues under 30 mins of some 'interesting' driving on Eastlink FWY, but for future proofing I wouldn't mind finding a better suited throttle body hose, so keep me updated if you find anything worthy!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby jaydece » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:02 am

Perrin TMIC is on - huge thank you to Justin for installing it for me, what a champ! = Hey Kieren, No Problem! I'm glad to see that your happy with my work? :lol: :D I'm really happy everything went to plan and all fitted well in the end....it really does look good on your car, hope you win the show and shine....will do every hard work you put into it....pure justice!

Btw, your one of very few people who get to drive my car......you should feel special.... 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

I noticed when you finshed driving my car your hands were sweating? was that because you were shit scared of hurting my car? or was it the extra power ( yeah right! as if ) too much for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: nah all good mate! ENJOI!
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Postby Kekotic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:31 am

LOL Justin.
Yes I'm not used to having that much power at my disposal.....nor driving a car with a 3 year old sitting in the back either :lol:
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Kekotic » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Decided I would try tackle the Perrin turbo inlet pipe today, got everything ready and all the tools out. Then realised I was going to have to take off the TMIC to do it. And because the Perrin TMIC is pretty hard to install I need help with that, so gave a call to Justin (Jaydece) and he's going to help me with the install (again!) soon.

Seeing as I had planned on doing some stuff with the car, I decided I was still going to try do a few things.
Justin spoke to me last weekend about maybe painting the bracket on the car that connects to the TMIC, it's this strange dark green colour and can be seen even with all the engine covers on. I decided it would be a good idea so I got to sanding it with the Dremel tool, then sprayed it in gloss black.
Also sprayed a few bolts in gloss black so they don't stand out. And then detailed the engine bay. Oh and I put a little PERRIN sticker in the engine bay for the hell of it. Doesn't stand out too much so looks nice enough.
My spare engine cover hasn't arrived yet unfortunately, so I just sat my engine cover over the top for the photos to see what it would look like. Will hopefully get the spare engine cover this week and modify it to fit the PERRIN TMIC with the dremel.

Also had new member Augo (Dallas) come round and pick up Sentinels old grille today, so was good to meet a new liberty owner and had a good chat about his planned mods.

Anyway here is a shit load of pics.

Bracket Midway
Bracket fully sanded
Bracket Painting
Bracket Finished

Example of some of the bolts which I have painted gloss black. I only did bolts that are visible when all covers are on.
Here is one I did the other day

Engine Cover "hangin in there"
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Stu » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Farout that green is really bizarre. Perhaps your Liberty is a special ex-military version? :lol:
I own a Liberty honest!

Stu

Postby Kekotic » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Stu wrote:Farout that green is really bizarre. Perhaps your Liberty is a special ex-military version? :lol:

it's the same on all models with a TMIC, at least post facelift anyway! You should check yours out, might be the same and you just haven't noticed.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby cruisn » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:04 am

I'll confirm they are all green. Painted mine a while ago. :D

Clean engine bay. :good:
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Kekotic » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Update.

Plans are under way for a VF52 turbo. Direct bolt on so I don't need to change anything just yet.
Eventually I want to go E85 a little later on, so will be after some ID1000c injectors and a better fuel pump a bit later on, have some suspension plans I want to do first though.

Finally got my 2nd engine cover from dr20t's parting out car.
Unfortunately E-go or whoever the bunch of jokers are that were supposed to deliver it, took 2 weeks to deliver an item from Sydney to Melbourne. But I have it now so all good. Unfortunately it's been cut (which I assumed it had been anyway as it was on a car with a Hyperflow TMIC) but Mick told me it hadn't been cut, simple mistake to make I guess as it's been cut pretty well so it's hard to tell.

Also popped in to Rob Tait @ Car tint today, and I'll be getting my sunroof tinted soon.

And just secured the Helical LSD from Gambit (hugs bro). So I'll keep that sitting in the garage for a little while, whilst I get the VF52 power sorted. Then I will look in to getting coilovers + roll centre adjusters and the LSD installed all at once. Maybe even an STi short shifter.
Kekotic
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods