Member Profile - Rome - Final Update (pg 62)

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Rome - Final Update (pg 62)

Postby jay.ritchie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:57 pm

jakey wrote:If the 8V is still as good as it looks today in about 2 years It may be my car of choice.

I have a feeling it will date well, seeing as the new sedan is a spitting image. can’t wait to see one.
jay.ritchie

Car: MY12 VW Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21040

Postby torana74 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:51 pm

As another Lib/ 8V S3 sedan household, i can totally understand the falling for the S3. The lib set the bar high for what suited us. I luv our MY07 specb and as time came for wife to get new upgrade, the only comparable in terms of price, comfort, classy looks and a bit of oomph was the S3.... as much as the wallet didn't want that to be true. And we looked at all options. Then again, compared to what the Lib cost new, and 7 years ago, it really is good value.

So finally the Lib is handed down to me to play with...ie turn into as close as i can to S3 lol. I get to play with the S3 on weekends so the Sub can do shopping duties.

The S3 is amazing. Beautiful place to be inside. Hard to beat, comfy , dynamic, smooth, looks hot and goes nicely. A lot of fun last holidays up Tamborine mountain. Have been loving it for it's first 6k. Now it's in service getting a new gearbox! And that's with slow and sure wifey doing 95% of the driving and nowhere near a hard time by me. Hoping to not get bitten by not taking the advice i give to my customers and it's a rare occurrence. Also as it had to be towed, i'm very glad had held off the tuning yet.
I still smile everyday when in the lib, but get a big 'oh yes' when driving the audi and want it back asap!
Hope the wait for delivery goes quick for you. You'll luv it.

edit.. in stock form it's definitely noticeably quicker than my tune only LGT. Will see after the mods come in
torana74

Car: 07 2.5T GT specB

Postby jakey » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:00 pm

torana74 wrote: Have been loving it for it's first 6k. Now it's in service getting a new gearbox!

Will be something to keep in mind/an eye on for the first year or so of production models to see if there is an issue with the DSG? (assuming you got DSG?)

Sounds eerily similar to the issue with the first generation of mk5 GTI DSG boxes.... Lucky for you was all under warranty.
-Jakey-UBARU
jakey

Car: UBARU - 2005 MY06 3.0R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15489

Postby seanmau5 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:30 pm

torana74 wrote:in stock form it's definitely noticeably quicker than my tune only LGT. Will see after the mods come in

Oh newbie won't be happy about that!!
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby Rome_BRZ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:36 am

seanmau5 wrote:
torana74 wrote:in stock form it's definitely noticeably quicker than my tune only LGT. Will see after the mods come in

Oh newbie won't be happy about that!!

:lol:
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Previous

Return to Post your mods