Jaydece's Major Development Project

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Jaydece's Mini Development Project

Postby jaydece » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 pm

MINI MINI MINI UPDATE CONT: -

engine hasn't been installed back into car, and only 1 varex muffler has been installed.....the reason?......4 mechanics from HP/F called up sick today.... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

dont know what issues or problems they are having but it's not looking good .......jeremy from hp/f looked stressed and worried when i popped by today at 4pm...they got 1000000000+ cars they want to have ready by thursday...but with the drop out of there mechanics...they are struggling...

if i ever get the car back....after about 2-3 weeks.....the car will be returned back to hp/f for fluids drains, refill, check up, any arising issues experienced etc......

2/ ORC clutch kit + flywheel was being fitted until they found that the thrust bearing was totally F#%$%^....a new one was ordered via subaru, but the part isnt in stock and part wont arrive until tommorow morning..MAYBE?.....* i'm hoping it does....it's cutting it close to easter friday !!!!! * = due to time frame constraints, thrust bearing order delay from subaru and minor install issues with ORC clutch + flywheel, I made a decision with jeremys advice to purchase a organic HD exedy clutch kit which comes with a new thrust bearing :wink: and they just machined my flywheel and lighten it, so now I will be selling my ORC clutch kit + flywheel....

spoke to phat about the ORC clutch + flywheel issue, he assured me that there shouldn't be a problem with the fitments....hp/f could of installed it with more time and mucking around, but i just want the car back so i backed off and told them to get the exedy...kinda worked out cause i eventually got the thrust bearing aswell in the end....

which reminds me....I will soon be selling the following: -

1/ STI mufflers
2/ new 255 walbro fuel pump
3/ new ORC 400 light clutch kit + flywheel
4/ magnaflow mufflers - currently sold
5/ new genuine blue subaru seat pull over covers ( driver and passanger )
6/ still have the rear diffuser for sale aswell.... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11644
7/ IHI VF46 turbo travelled 55,000

there might be more..... :?:

have not thought of prices yet, will post pictures soon ( after easter break )
Last edited by jaydece on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~JUSZTN~

** Our Turbo Lag Gives Those v8's A Chance **

History - MY07 Liberty TBSTI 6SPD Sedan
265kw atw on P100
290kw atw on E85 (fuel pump limited)

Past - MY16 Audi S3 Sedan
249kw atw on P98 (APR stage 1)

Present - MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan (His)
384kw atw on E85 (APR stage 2)

Present - MY17 VW Tiguan 162 R line (Hers)
jaydece

Car: MY18 Audi RS3 Sedan 7 SPD DSG
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11864

Jaydece's Mini Development Project

Postby Gambit » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:39 pm

I know the feeling, at least you know that it's coming along, so hope you get it back in time.
Too bad about the orc clutch kit, like you said at least you got the thrust bearing and can move past the drivetrain. Fingers crossed they get all their mechanics back to finish your car! Though they are pushing pretty hard to finish all the cars there ;)
Goodluck with it!
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby rickerty » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Pretty neat, the both of you getting your cars back around the same time.
Hope to see 'em both in the flesh one day.
Good luck gents :D
[MY08/Lib/ej25/5MT/Limited Ed./SatNav/TeamWagon!]
HKS | MOMO | HID/LED | BILSTEIN
rickerty
-stickered-

Car: MY08/LTD/EJ25/5MT/WAGON

Postby teK-- » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:04 pm

4 techs call in sick on the same day!

Either someone had a mad party and didn't invite the boss, or someone didn't wash their hands after going to the toilet then made morning tea for the staff ;)
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby MH3.0R » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:34 am

Hey Justin,

You gonna tag along to the Easter Cruise? Would be good to look over your project so far.

Also, If I was building a "project car", I would buy a second Lib, truck it up to PHAT and just give him my bank account details!!! :D
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby teK-- » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 am

MH3.0R wrote:Hey Justin,

You gonna tag along to the Easter Cruise? Would be good to look over your project so far.

Also, If I was building a "project car", I would buy a second Lib, truck it up to PHAT and just give him my bank account details!!! :D

I was gonna say, worst case Justin could go shotgun with someone on Monday. Where are you based Justin?
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby jaydece » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:24 pm

You gonna tag along to the Easter Cruise? Would be good to look over your project so far. = HOPEFULLY YES!

Also, If I was building a "project car", I would buy a second Lib, truck it up to PHAT and just give him my bank account details!!! :D = I DONT OWN A BANK AND I AINT A WALKING ATM MACHINE WHO CAN SPIT OUT $$$$ :lol: :lol: I WISH! BUT GOOD IDEA!
~JUSZTN~

265kw atw on P100

jaydece

Postby jaydece » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:26 pm

I was gonna say, worst case Justin could go shotgun with someone on Monday. Where are you based Justin? = Thanks for the thought mate, I'm based in berwick, but if i dont get the car tommorow...i'm pulling out from the cruise...i would just get depressed if i shotgunned with someone on monday.... :cry:
~JUSZTN~

265kw atw on P100

jaydece

Postby jaydece » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:42 pm

STAR DATE LOG 2011: - SUPPLEMENTAL AT 16:00pm

seems all HP/F mechanics turned up to work today! YAY! :D

1/ engine has been installed and fitted

2/ mufflers installed and fitted

AND THEN.....with all things in life.....I'm hit with another DILEMMA!....inter cooler doesn't bolt up properly to the blouch turbo....the flange and bolts dont line up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

SOLUTION: - either make some sort of angle spacer to make it fit OR cut and weld to make fitment on intercooler side....dont really like the idea....but there's no other way..... :cry:

QUESTION: - Will i get the car ready by tommorow afternoon? THATS THE $10,0000,0000,0000,0000,0000 question.... :?: :?: :?:
~JUSZTN~

265kw atw on P100

jaydece

Postby Gambit » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:59 pm

jaydece wrote:STAR DATE LOG 2011: - SUPPLEMENTAL AT 16:00pm

^ hahaha your hilarious :lol: awesome..

damn thats a shame about the intercooler, Jimmy S had numerous issues with a number of intercoolers not fitting, its they have to cut and weld they have to, what ever it takes at this stage unfortunately.

Good to know that engine is back in and your mufflers are installed. Those guys must be flat out before easter, when i was there the other week they were brimming with cars.

Like i said plan for it not to be ready tomorrow, thus you wont be disappointed, if it is bonus !
Gambit

Postby KOi_STi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:52 am

very interested in this build blog...looks like you are doing it right the first time justin which is always a good way to go...

looking forward to seeing this out on the road and how it performs, as i have no doubt you are pretty excited about getting the car back too...

very interested in hearing your feedback on hp-f as well as they are on my radar for everything mechanical when the time comes to open the bonnet and improve that area...

just a matter of finding time and money, and not necessarily in that order...lol!
Subaru Liberty GT-B tuned by STi...61/300...stockish...
KOi_STi

Car: Liberty GT-B tb STi

Postby jaydece » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:40 pm

NOTE TO SELF: - 15.27pm Thursday 2011......hold gun to head and pull trigger.......... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :evil: :evil: :evil:

GUYS: - ...................................................................................................not getting the car today..................................................................................

went there after work today and i was given the chance to turn the key and let her rip.......man what a FEELING! :D she started with no smoke, noise or hesitation and with a LITTLE bit of piston slap she still purred nicely.....UNTIL....

1/ when testing the varex mufflers...with it fully open works no problem..but....when you press the button to fully close..the car would stop....stall.....unknown at this stage to what is causing this? still investigating...

2/ fault code came up along the lines with VALVE timing or something like that.....I just got told this now....on the phone....man I wanted to throw something.....* btw i'm not a violent person, just venting frustration *......they have come across this problem and are investigating..........

3/ HP/F are closed until WED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dsakjhbfkjdsnfbakjfbdkljsaHRGHFBDDKJZ FBKJSAhbdKJSBDKJHSBFKJAHDKJSAnbdkjbnkjznbckjds

even if they fix these problems soon, it wont give them enough dyno time to give the car safely and securely back to me today...

I'm gutted........i know i shouldn't of expected...but I'm really gutted....I was SOOOO hoping to meet some of you at the easter cruise.....

anyway.....happy easter to all! have a safe and joyful break! hoping to see and meet you all sometime in the near future.....i'm going to go now and find my son's plastic toy gun and shoot myself a couple of times....
~JUSZTN~

265kw atw on P100

jaydece

Postby jaydece » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 pm

KOi_STi wrote:very interested in this build blog...looks like you are doing it right the first time justin which is always a good way to go...

looking forward to seeing this out on the road and how it performs, as i have no doubt you are pretty excited about getting the car back too...

very interested in hearing your feedback on hp-f as well as they are on my radar for everything mechanical when the time comes to open the bonnet and improve that area...

just a matter of finding time and money, and not necessarily in that order...lol!

Hello Will,

Thanks mate! I'm planning to keep the car for awhile, thats why I went down this path.....

HP/F are great! people there are nice and make you feel welcome...especially Jeremy from performance sales! 110% bloke! i wont lie to you...but they are on the expensive side...so be prepared $$$$$$ wise.

From my experience....and seeing what they do? they go through ALLOT OF SUBBYS..without a doubt....so you know your car is in good hands!

In addition to this I have had extra help, advice and support from MICHAEL PHAT ( TOP GUN ), my mate Scott and Gambit....

I've been lazy and should of backed my build blog with pictures and shots as the build was taking place......MY BAD!.... :P

Cheers! :D
~JUSZTN~

265kw atw on P100

jaydece

Postby KOi_STi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:16 pm

hey justin...

shame about the car not being ready today...will just make it that little bit sweeter when you do get it..!

yeah i have been told hp-f might be a tad on the expensive side but i would much rather spend a few $ extra to someone who knows what their doing and will get it right first time everytime...

i have also ordered a few parts off michael (phat gt) but nothing too much performance wise just yet...he is fantastic to deal with and really a great resource for everyone on this forum...credit to him!

all the best over the easter break...even though your probably counting down the days till its over...lol!
Subaru Liberty GT-B tuned by STi...61/300...stockish...
KOi_STi

Car: Liberty GT-B tb STi

Postby Gambit » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Aw man.. gutted to hear the news.. damn

Good things come to those who wait patiently hey ;)

Thats a strange fault to have come up... anyhow when they figure it out i'd be interested to know what it was in the end.
With so many changes at the same time, not surprised that a few gremlins may have snuck into the mix.
and man that would of been great to hear it idle at least ! your on the home stretch now!
Try and enjoy your long weekend with your son, that will take your mind off it all :D
Gambit

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods