Project Impreza eater !

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Project Impreza eater !

Postby legacydan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:51 pm

So got the car sorted after the little tip i had a few months ago, i got the front and rear bumpers resprayed, rear drivers wheel, hub and trailing arm replaced and car is right again.

Since then i added some Redline goods shift and hand brake boot and padded centre armrest. I decided to go for the carbon affect fabric to match with the bits of 3M Di-noc Carbon vinyl i have on some of the interior trim

Really freshens up the interior, i plan to get the seats retrimed in black leather/grey alacantra combo with red stitching, sometime in March.

Also got one of those digital boost gauges like Tangcla has:

Had some problem wiring it up correctly and it was showing 1.8 bar peak, all sorted now though!

And Also after reading a few threads on legacygt, i bought a cheap impreza s204 lip on ebay, slightly modified it and threw it onto my front bumper. Its not perfect fit at all but you can only notice if you get down level with it and see some small gaps. Weather has been so bad, havent cleaned car in weeks

Picked up an STI fron strut brace over Christmas to add a bit of bling to the engine bay. I got it cheap locally second hand.

I think that covers most recent modifications

January 2011 updates:

Finally found myself a new vf36 at a steal of a price. It came off a new impreza spec c, has only delivery mileage on it. Also some ported headers and up pipe to match. Should be arriving next week

Will also be sticking in Walbro fuel pump, and keeping factory TMIC and airbox for now and see how much power i can get from them.

Only mods needed will be to rotate compressor housing to fit TMIC and replace with an adjustable actuator

Aiming for around 300whp, that should keep me happy and be a reliable enough figure for a daily driver

Car in its current form is a 2003 Legacy 2.0GT i imported from Japan. It has the standard TDo4HLA twinscroll turbo. Producing about 275hp@ fly on the last dyno check. Car is standard enough power wise. Ecutek remap, K+N panel filter, Fujitsubo cat back exhaust and some other minor mods.

Plan:
Rotated vf36 turbo to maintain use of factory TMIC
Upgraded wastegate actuator
Custom silicone elbow needed from turbo to TMIC
Vf36 twinscroll ported headers and up pipe from Litchfield Type 25 impreza
Modified turbo bracket to secure to engine mount
Milltek de-cat 3" down pipe
Uprated Walbro fuel pump
3 port boost solenoid
Ecutek remap

Aiming for about 300whp

Will update thread as work starts
Last edited by legacydan on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
legacydan

Car: Legacy b4 jdm import

Re: Project Impreza!

Postby legacydan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Turbo arrived in the post this morning, its in perfect condition. Im seeing is there any porting or polishing i can get done to the turbo while its off the car and sell will it help with the power output at all

If anyone else is looking for one i know of 2 others the seller has in the same tip top condition

Up pipe and headers should arrive on Friday. Need to find out what actuator option to go for as i heard the stock vf36 one is pretty shit.
Last edited by legacydan on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
legacydan

Postby legacydan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm

I need to rotate the compressor housing so that i can use the stock TMIC, was bored one evening in work so decided to attempt that.

Pretty straight forward and once bolts were out i could rotate it easily by hand.

Now i need to decide on what to do with the actuator, as in its current form it will not go back on, i can modify the bracket and "make" it fit,but might go for this one, as it seems to have an adjustable bracket so it can be positioned where needed. It has a slightly stiffer spring in it too, which i have been told which should help top end boost levels.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280616228677&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1852wt_1139

Ported headers and up pipe arrived,need to go pick them up during the week.
Last edited by legacydan on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
legacydan

Postby legacydan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:53 pm

reserved for updates
legacydan

Postby Jimmy S » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:57 am

Nice work mate... A bit more info about your car?

Also I don't think you're going to need so many posts for updates... you can fit a fair bit in each post! :)
Current Ride: 2007 Audi RS4

http://www.ToonMyRide.com.au
Jimmy S

Car: Audi RS4

Postby legacydan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:41 am

Yes i only meant to keep on spot for adding pictures and that, my internet connection kept dropping off on me, i cant seem to remove them! Ill update first post with some more info
legacydan

Postby tangcla » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:32 am

Hi Dan,
Is your car an auto or manual?
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby legacydan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 am

5MT
legacydan

Re: Project Impreza eater !

Postby Chplat » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Sweet es. I have been tossing up over wrapping my gear stick surround in the carbon wrap and you've just helped make my mind up.
2005 MY06 2.5i
Obsidian Black
Chplat

Car: My06 Liberty 2.5i

Postby legacydan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:26 am

Got the rest of parts needed ordered up this week
Adjustable actuator
Walbro fuel pump
Milltek DP
3" to 2.25" cone reducer
3" flange
Silicone intercooler elbow and clips
exhaust gaskets
turbo bracket

Once they all arrive that will be all the parts needed for conversion. Im sure there will be other little bits and pieces but that should be most big items
legacydan

Postby legacydan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:07 am

so after a boring week stuck in Belguim i got back to find the new actuator had arrived, i checked it out to see would it fit, thankfully it fits fine with rotated compressor housing. means one less thing i need to modify to fit!

Also swapped my Bilsteins with Teins for a mates Bilsteins with Sti pinks, have to say the result is a much more comfy ride. Teins were a bit too low but my mate was happy with them as he wanted his lower

sitting a small bit higher on the pinks, but hardly noticeable.
legacydan

Postby RAN94A » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 pm

the things i would do for a WRC Blue liberty...
RAN94A

Car: Liberty MY06 3.0R

Project Impreza eater !

Postby Gambit » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Very nice keep it up, awesome car with the vf36 from the spec c
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby Arith » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:33 pm

legacydan wrote:Image

Starting to look like Phat's place! LOL! I feel sorry for that silver car stuck between you guys! :D

Great work so far Dan. I can understand your swap to the STi pinks, as I hear the Teins are a harsh ride with the pre-facelifted Bilsteins. How difficult is it to get Legacy parts in Ireland?

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby legacydan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:16 am

Arith wrote:Starting to look like Phat's place! LOL! I feel sorry for that silver car stuck between you guys! :D

Great work so far Dan. I can understand your swap to the STi pinks, as I hear the Teins are a harsh ride with the pre-facelifted Bilsteins. How difficult is it to get Legacy parts in Ireland?

Ye the silver civic is project track car, hasnt moved in months!

I can get basic service/maintenance parts in Ireland easy enough, replacement clutch and flywheel came from NZ, wheels came from US, AP Racing calipers came from UK, most upgrade after market parts from UK, Japan or US so its slim picking for Jap Legacy parts in Ireland, they are not very popular, mainly the new diesel Legacy's or Impreza's be the most common Subaru's in Ireland

Im pretty resourceful when i put my mind to it! so you could call it a USNZEJDM model!
legacydan

Next

Return to Post your mods