Member Profile - Hamish023

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Hamish023

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:31 pm

So you didnt end up changing you accelerator one?
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Kekotic » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:32 pm

STi ones are fitted differently, using these metal plates and stuff.

Yes I did fit the accelerator one! I told you I had to cut the back of the accelerator to fit it!
Bleh I'll just go take some pics now!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby blacktop™ » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:35 pm

hamish_023 wrote:Because the non specB have shitty rubber ones, I am chasing stock specB ones...

No I meant if u had specB pedals you wouldn't bother getting other ones...

I think it's a good idea to upgrade from rubber ones to nice aluminum ones
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:42 pm

blacktop™ wrote:
hamish_023 wrote:Because the non specB have shitty rubber ones, I am chasing stock specB ones...

No I meant if u had specB pedals you wouldn't bother getting other ones...

I think it's a good idea to upgrade from rubber ones to nice aluminum ones

True, but Kieran spends loads of money on stupid shit anyway, i mean his Sti mock up doesn't have enkei's or Brembos, the two main features of an Sti hahaha :wink:

So moral of what your saying Kez is that i can't change the accelerator pedal as it's not removable and im stuck with the poo rubber ones :?
hamish_023

Postby Kekotic » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:04 pm

hamish_023 wrote:True, but Kieran spends loads of money on stupid shit anyway, i mean his Sti mock up doesn't have enkei's or Brembos, the two main features of an Sti hahaha :wink:

I guess I really should just change my car to a 'adding bits I like the look of' and not an STi project car, because I'm not after copying a TB STi (I did get a Spec.B badge after all....what about all the people on these forums who put cheap looking STi badges on their front grille :? )
As I'm trying to get in to the police force, I just want a nice subtle looking car, hence the STi bits, hell even the rear window spoiler most people don't even notice it, it's THAT subtle.
I plan on keeping the GT-B Rims because I think they look fantastic. Unless I can find a good set of brembos sometime in the future(which obviously don't fit under GT-B rims), I'll stick to just upgrading pads+brake fluid+rotors+braided lines. And even if I do find some then I would have to try and find some 07 charcoal Enkeis as well, as they are the only decent set of rims I have seen and liked (other than Advan connoisseurs)
Keep in mind I have had the car less than 5 months, so you can't blame me for having an 'incomplete' car, what I have done so far is more than what most people do in 1 year.

Oh and as for adding 'stupid shit', I love the look of it and that's all that matters to me.
The only thing I regret is buying that STi oil cap, and only because it doesn't fit (at the moment anyway)
/rant

Now for the pictures.
Haven't managed to vacuum since our dirt rally on Sunday...I mean cruise :(
Pedals

Accelerator pedal from behind, has 3 points which it is connected with that can be seen in this photo. Bottom is a metal plate without any screws, top is the bigger metal plate with the screws (helps tighten the bottom as well) and then in the middle is the metal bar, this is the part where I needed to shave back the pedal, you can just barely see it.
You can see the stock pedal sitting underneath that is on very tight, only way to remove it would be to bend each individual holding point (I think there was about 8 ) and if you do that it's stuffed anyway.

Clutch connection, small plate at bottom and then bigger at top with the screws.

Close up of the dreaded bar that caused a lot of trouble...

Foot rest, bolts in to the floor.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Haha you know im just pushing your buttons,
Cheers for the photos and help but im 100% on the stock specB pedals, loved them in my Legacy, They are just what i want. So hopefully phat comes back to me soon :?
hamish_023

Postby Greenman » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Looks great Kieran but from what I know technically bolt or screw on pedal covers are illegal and unroadworthy. I don't mean this to be rude or ill informed as Idon't make the laws.
I'm happy to be corrected but unfortunately thats the law.
A few of us Forester guys have the same issue with our DBW model cars.
You can purchase the slip on brake and clutch pedals, bolt on dead pedal but unfortunately for the DBW model if you want an OE look you have to either purchase the whole pedal assembly that bolts to the floor/firewall or "modify to suit" the WRX STI pedal which is usually a cable set up.
Here's some shots for reference to explain what I mean.
These shots have been borrowed form a friends write up...I'm sure he doesn't mind.
_MG_5691.jpg
Rear of DBW pedal on left
_MG_5691.jpg (59.69 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
Attachments
_MG_5620.jpg
Parts required
_MG_5620.jpg (86.23 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
Greenman
formerly cal68

Car: MY11 CX9 GT Zoom Zoom

Postby Kekotic » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Hey no problems, I can cop it because I know I like to give it out quite a bit (Re: IRISHGT)
I was just stating that my car is not a TB STi, more of a JDM STi parts bin 8)

Would be interesting to know how you go about fitting the SpecB Pedals, and also the price.
Because honestly if it's close enough to the price, having used both the sets of pedals, the STi ones feel much better. The Spec.B was very uneven because of those rubber circles, which change in height often because the aluminium is just sitting on top of them and not bolted down. Also you can see the pedals are a lot bigger in my pics.

Anyways once again, good luck with the modding :D

Also Cal, thanks for the info and it's noted.
But the way I'm setting up my car, I won't get defected for anything anyway, so there is no reason for them to check inside my car (and they can't open it when it's locked in a car park :wink: )

Also these are the JDM STi parts, not sure if that matters but it's official STi gear for the MY10's....I'm pretty sure it comes like this on the MY10 STi in Japan? Although obviously we have different rules.
Personally I think the rubber ones are the worse for safety anyway, my dads RS Impreza had his rubber clutch pedal cover split while driving....I don't see these bolts splitting any time soon :D
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:41 pm

What i did today:

1) Put a 2nd really really thin coat of paint on hubs as I hate the look of pare metal.
2) Used that ultimate compound, worked out well, but very similar to what i had (ColourX)
3) Installed EA1251
4) Caliper stickers i bought off ebay for $10

(Note: Calipers don't actually look firetruck red in person more of a FPV Brembo dark maroon red, it's just my camera make then looks bright and stand out)

Opinions? I know it's a bit or rice but...
Last edited by hamish_023 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hamish_023

Postby Kekotic » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:42 pm

My opinion is you should stop buying useless shit for your car Hamish :D
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby eckymosis » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I'm sorry but the EA1251 cable is an essential buy. 1000+ songs in 5 different playlists > 10-15 songs in 6 different CDs.

It's been one of the best purchases for me 8)
eckymosis

Car: MY05 GT

Postby Kekotic » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:56 pm

But you can have 100 songs on each CD if you just burn it as a data disc.... :D
Or does the pre-facelift not support MP3 cd's?
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Doesn't support Mp3's, Plus the pointless sticker was only $10. :D
hamish_023

Postby Devour » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:23 am

Hey Hamish,

Your car looks great! its coming along nicely...I love what you have done with it
Devour

Car: R34 GTR V-Spec / MY07 2.5i

Postby teK-- » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:06 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:Hamish, the accelerator pedal is a permanent fixture. (By permanent I mean the metal is pressed directly on the accelerator using some sort of machine...)
The brake + clutch + foot rest are the ones that can be moved. Foot rest unbolts out the entire thing, but guess what is rubber....the brake and clutch are still basically like a rubber sock with the crappy little metal plate connected to them.
Also I'm keeping my stock ones in case the next owner (years down the track..) doesn't want them. I'm going to take the high road and try and sell my car with mods and will take off parts the prospective buyer doesn't want to pay for....wouldn't like lying in their face about it being stock. Pet hate and all.

No it's not permanent.

I removed my accelerator pedal assembly, pressed the metal pin out with a punch and hammer, then attached new pedal and pressed the old pin back in. Fits perfect.

(I had the same shitty rubber ones Hamish has, and I changed over to the stock Spec B ones). Good size they aren't too big which would make the pedals too crowded, but close enough to easily heel toe. They also fit tightly and directly onto the pedal arm which means they don't add thickness to the pedal (leg clearance is enough of a problem as it is).

The STI ones you have look bigger which is not what I would want.

In the end they are pedals. Function over form IMHO.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods