EXH4U5T3D *New Pics p23*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: EXH4U5T3D

Postby Maj3sticCr0w » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:37 am

Hope you didnt see my bonnet :( but yer happy with results
Pearl White (mostly) MY08 GT TB STi Wagon
Maj3sticCr0w

Car: MY08 Liberty GT STI Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14558

Postby champ » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 am

That sux, despise people who have no respect for other people's property!
Did you hear about the black RS?
champ
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B Tuned by STi 6MT OBP

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:06 am

What results did you end up getting Adam??
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

EXH4U5T3D

Postby JDGT05 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 am

champ wrote:That sux, despise people who have no respect for other people's property!
Did you hear about the black RS?

Saw that hey!
Now driving the mighty 86 :)
JDGT05

Car: STI Spec Forester
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14065

Postby Maj3sticCr0w » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:19 am

I dont have a scanner at home but i got a reading on the dyno of 165kW @ wheels with 420Nm of torque @ 2500 rpm :D. I would say it feels closer to 200kW and not sure about torque converters etc having an effect on the dyno reading being auto. Just really happy that I have enough torque really low down where it is usable to make me think twice now before I put my foot down.

And also I can see why some people dont like the Cobb cold air intake, it is very noisy. I can hear it above everything else. I like it for now but may grow tired of it. The PW tmic that they ordered for me didnt arrive in time so going to get that put on next week with a couple of other things.

Basically a run down of what happened in the workshop now I got my car back; Power went out at about 4pm so the guys stayed back working in the dark until about 9pm when the RS Turbo they were using as a lighting source facing into their workshop got stolen right in front of them! After packing up and locking everything away, they got a call about midnight saying the alarm had gone off again. When they got there the roller doors had been rammed in with a bull bar which caused the door to smash up the rear of a customers wrx. They then proceeded to take a few things from the workshop including a tool chest. Unfortunately my car was in the way so they decided to slide the tool chest over the bonnet of my car damaging the fenders, bonnet, scoop and front bumper :angry2: damage isnt as bad as I thought as there are no dents just mainly a few scratches and a couple of little nicks. So focus is now on getting a replacement scoop and respray.

I count myself lucky really as it could have been a lot worse for my car or my gf's car which was untouched.
Maj3sticCr0w

Postby bosc0 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:25 am

Maj3sticCr0w wrote:Basically a run down of what happened in the workshop now I got my car back; Power went out at about 4pm so the guys stayed back working in the dark until about 9pm when the RS Turbo they were using as a lighting source facing into their workshop got stolen right in front of them! After packing up and locking everything away, they got a call about midnight saying the alarm had gone off again. When they got there the roller doors had been rammed in with a bull bar which caused the door to smash up the rear of a customers wrx. They then proceeded to take a few things from the workshop including a tool chest. Unfortunately my car was in the way so they decided to slide the tool chest over the bonnet of my car damaging the fenders, bonnet, scoop and front bumper :angry2: damage isnt as bad as I thought as there are no dents just mainly a few scratches and a couple of little nicks. So focus is now on getting a replacement scoop and respray.

I count myself lucky really as it could have been a lot worse for my car or my gf's car which was untouched.

Wow that fucking sucks man! When they get caught, full tool chest to the face of them all!
bosc0

Car: GT SpecB wagon

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:32 am

Good to hear you're happy with the results, was that with the Blouch 380xt?

Shit go with everything else! :angry2:
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Postby kennysti » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:04 pm

I do understand the dyno isnt always the be all and end all of figures but after the turbo upgrade and all that work I would have thought you would have seen at least more than 180kw on the dyno? Is the lack of intercooler holding it back?

But the overall drive you say is much more powerful than before?
Black on Black..
kennysti

Car: 07 Liberty tuned by STi Wagon

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:13 pm

kennysti wrote:I do understand the dyno isnt always the be all and end all of figures but after the turbo upgrade and all that work I would have thought you would have seen at least more than 180kw on the dyno? Is the lack of intercooler holding it back?

I was thinking maybe the dyno is a conservative one. I remember Justin managed over 200 with the 380xt but his is a 6MT.
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Postby JDGT05 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:23 pm

What work is your mrs getting done to her car?
JDGT05

Postby kennysti » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Rome_STI wrote:
kennysti wrote:I do understand the dyno isnt always the be all and end all of figures but after the turbo upgrade and all that work I would have thought you would have seen at least more than 180kw on the dyno? Is the lack of intercooler holding it back?

I was thinking maybe the dyno is a conservative one. I remember Justin managed over 200 with the 380xt but his is a 6MT.

Yeha that's possible. Considering his first result was on the ASG dyno. Id be a little let down if after all that work you only nudged another 4kw, even with the auto box! But still, the proof will be in the drive.
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby Maj3sticCr0w » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:14 pm

I would say I have about 200kW as there was another manual tb STi on the dyno just after mine which has similar mods but with the td05 turbo (which didnt fit quite as well). He pulled in 194kW with 414Nm @ 3400rpm. They said autos can differ upto 30% on the dyno compared to manual so with 165kW with 420Nm @ 2500rpm it feels very different on the road to my previous tune and just as big a difference to when i had it tuned with the dump pipe over stock. All that power is usable straight away and turbo spools up faster than stock and holds boost all the way. Power doesnt drop off either and keeps climbing. The tuner said there is a lot more potential with this turbo however stock internals wont cope if I raise the boost which is set at 16.5PSi

The gf's MY07 Forester XT had a custom made 3" TBE and a retune. It made 156kW with 388Nm @ 3300 rpm and thats without anything else! Some later model foresters were also tuned but hers was the highest reading they had for a forester over the weekend.
Maj3sticCr0w

Postby JDGT05 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Adam, can you pm with what setup she went with/ tune, I'm currently in the market for a good exhaust system, just weighing up my options.
JDGT05

Postby kennysti » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Maj3sticCr0w wrote:I would say I have about 200kW as there was another manual tb STi on the dyno just after mine which has similar mods but with the td05 turbo (which didnt fit quite as well). He pulled in 194kW with 414Nm @ 3400rpm. They said autos can differ upto 30% on the dyno compared to manual so with 165kW with 420Nm @ 2500rpm it feels very different on the road to my previous tune and just as big a difference to when i had it tuned with the dump pipe over stock. All that power is usable straight away and turbo spools up faster than stock and holds boost all the way. Power doesnt drop off either and keeps climbing. The tuner said there is a lot more potential with this turbo however stock internals wont cope if I raise the boost which is set at 16.5PSi

The gf's MY07 Forester XT had a custom made 3" TBE and a retune. It made 156kW with 388Nm @ 3300 rpm and thats without anything else! Some later model foresters were also tuned but hers was the highest reading they had for a forester over the weekend.

Nice!! Thats great stuff! So did you get the re-tune done at MMS? arent they Ecutek tuners though? Or did you jump ship from the ASG verso tune?
Black on Black..
kennysti

Postby Maj3sticCr0w » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:18 pm

kennysti wrote:
Maj3sticCr0w wrote:I would say I have about 200kW as there was another manual tb STi on the dyno just after mine which has similar mods but with the td05 turbo (which didnt fit quite as well). He pulled in 194kW with 414Nm @ 3400rpm. They said autos can differ upto 30% on the dyno compared to manual so with 165kW with 420Nm @ 2500rpm it feels very different on the road to my previous tune and just as big a difference to when i had it tuned with the dump pipe over stock. All that power is usable straight away and turbo spools up faster than stock and holds boost all the way. Power doesnt drop off either and keeps climbing. The tuner said there is a lot more potential with this turbo however stock internals wont cope if I raise the boost which is set at 16.5PSi

Nice!! Thats great stuff! So did you get the re-tune done at MMS? arent they Ecutek tuners though? Or did you jump ship from the ASG verso tune?

ssshhh! hehe maybe... I didnt quite feel like giving ASG any more of my hard earned as they are far from deserving.
Maj3sticCr0w

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods