'08 BL9 2.5i. '91 BC6 awd and turbo conversion.

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: '08 BL9 2.5i. '91 BC6 awd and turbo conversion.

Postby rexhunta » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:08 pm

Thanks guys. Definitely made a few people double take, the noise definitely does not match the car :lol:
rexhunta

Car: 2008 Gen 4 BL9, 1991 Gen 1 BC

Postby rexhunta » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:23 pm

So been cruising this a bit, here's how the engine bay looked.

Bought a few extras. ( Lucky a very good mate works at Bosch... worth going through him ! )

Done a bit so far. Pulled the Dash to get to the majority of wiring. All the Cruise control, leftover auto wiring, any sensors I didn't need and anything else I didn't want got properly ditched. If Subaru of the era made their harnesses like Suzuki did around the same era, would've been a hell of a lot less work :lol: Made a bracket for the DBW Pedal and sorted out a heap of wiring going wire by wire and making sure I document the lot.

Pulled intake manifold, replaced all the sensors I needed with the Bosch replacements and plugs, removed throttle body coolant lines, general clean up, removed other sensors didn't need.

Pulled the intake mani apart, deleted the IAC, removed the side feeds, had a look at the 3 sets of fuel rails I had on the shelf, and worked out to do a top feed conversion, I used the EJ253 rails, cut the FPR off and moved it right back towards the 3rd injector otherwise it would've been in the way of the intake of the turbo. Made a few more brackets to properly mount the rail solidly, replaced the injectors with Bosch 620s with new plugs to suit. Cleaned all the harness up, drileld and tapped new holes for the dbw throttle.

Started putting it together, made a few sensor adaptors and things, adjusted the fuel lines to fit in, using the Haltech internal map sensor with the Bosch air temp sensor.

and got everything together, laid in the harness in, started cleaning it up, need to modify the brackets for the coilpack cover so I can hide most of it again.

Unfortunately couldn't flip the throttle around upside down as it hits on the hydraulic slave for the clutch, so have to have it sitting up, unless I can work out a way to get a smaller slave clynder or being able to move it.

I've got the Bosch 3 bar map/air temp sensor that I haven't used, I figured for such a low hp number I'm better off using the internal map, but If I do, I'll move where I have made a bracket for the boost control solenoid and mount it inside the IAC blanking plate on the back of the manifold.

I've started to slowly change to the Haltech pins and plugs inside the car, i've made a massive excel spreadsheet of the haltech to subaru harness, which has helped, and i've gone through each factory subaru wire at the haltech plug and put the haltech colours under clear heatshrink with the pin numbers. Makes it more time consuming, but imho will make it so much better for investigating problems later if there is any.

Just waiting on Haltech to finish off making the next batch of wideband kits, guy who is going to be doing most of the tuning didnt want to use the AEM on the analogue inputs and wanted the WB-1 kit, so have ordered one, just waiting on it to come in.

Thanks Pete.
rexhunta

Car: 2008 Gen 4 BL9, 1991 Gen 1 BC

Postby Yowie » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:41 pm

Great work (and a lot of it). Cheers for the update with details.
Yowie

Car: SH Forester XT

Previous

Return to Post your mods