We're back online

News about this forum

We're back online

Postby Ric » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:57 am

I personally wasn't able to get onto this board yesterday any time after about 3pm yesterday.
There was no problem with the website, but the Domain Name Server for liberty.asn.au went off the air. How soon this affected you would depend upon how often your ISP tries to refresh their own Name Servers.
The support website for the company responsible for our domain name was also off the air so I couldn't find out what was happening, but I am pretty sure it's related to a power failure at the IPrimus Data Centre, in Melbourne yesterday, which wiped out a lot of services.
See. http://www.whirlpool.net.au/news/?id=1849&show=replies

Whirlpool wrote:Primus' data centre at 55 King St Melbourne lost power this afternoon, months after a similar issue crippled multiple ISPs.

The power dropped around 3:45PM and caused Victorian and Tasmanian customers from ISPs such as Exetel, iiNet, Internode and Netspace to lose their broadband connections.

Internode was able to route around the problem by 4:15PM, while the other ISPs were back online around 5:30PM.

In a notice to customers, Primus blamed "high tension fuses in the CitiPower substation feeding our Data centre", which it said was the same issue affecting power in February.

Backup diesel generators "failed to start due to a synchronization processor failure." According to the notice, works to upgrade the substation that failed were already planned for next weekend.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Re: We're back online

Postby Arith » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:15 am

They're not owned by Go Daddy are they? :D But it's good to know their backup generators did an epic fail as well. What the heck is a 'synchronization processor failure'? :P

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Ric » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:25 am

Talk about synchronicity, have a look at the Dilbert cartoon for yesterday!

http://www.dilbert.com/fast/20090809
Ric
Site Admin

Postby Sentinel » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Ric wrote:Talk about synchronicity, have a look at the Dilbert cartoon for yesterday!

http://www.dilbert.com/fast/20090809

:rofl:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby tangcla » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Coincidentally that was about the time that my ISP decided it wouldn't allow me to log onto their service for internet. I had line sync but no authentication.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:31 pm

tangcla wrote:Coincidentally that was about the time that my ISP decided it wouldn't allow me to log onto their service for internet. I had line sync but no authentication.

Buy a computer - triple your work time :?
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Postby teK-- » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Yo Ric I'm still having probs from the Telstra connection at work. It keeps loading up the old forum and won't allow me to log in. (Once I log in then click to go to main index page, it asks me to log in again. It just repeats this cycle).

Have already tried 'clear all cookies' and cleared my browser cache; even tried IE instead of Firefox. It's been like this for almost a week now. Optus at home has no problem at all.

Aside from not being able to post I cannot use the view new posts function which makes it hard to forum behind my boss's back ;).

Do you have any ideas? Thanks.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Arith » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:19 am

Are you going through a proxy server at work? If yes, the proxy server may be caching the old forum and hasn't updated it's information yet.

Try selecting 'every time I visit the web page' for the 'Check for newer versions of stored pages' in the Internet Options. Otherwise try to con the IT dept into flushing the proxy server cache.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby dwayne » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:26 am

teK-- wrote:Yo Ric I'm still having probs from the Telstra connection at work. It keeps loading up the old forum and won't allow me to log in. (Once I log in then click to go to main index page, it asks me to log in again. It just repeats this cycle).

Have already tried 'clear all cookies' and cleared my browser cache; even tried IE instead of Firefox. It's been like this for almost a week now. Optus at home has no problem at all.

Aside from not being able to post I cannot use the view new posts function which makes it hard to forum behind my boss's back ;).

Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

I had this same problem on one of my laptops, both in Maxthon and Firefox. IE8 on the same laptop was fine. Clearign cookies, cache etc didnt help - happened on a pure net link with no proxy server etc.

No solution cos I think it' still happening on it - but it's at work at the moment so I can't check.

Car: MY07 OBP 6MT GTBSTi

Postby teK-- » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:52 pm

OK I'm a dumbass I just figured it out.

In Firefox the default setting when you ask it to clear all private data, does NOT include clearing cookies. I just selected that operation thinking it dumps all the cookies as well. Instead of losing cookies for other sites I just went in and deleted all the ones that relate to this forum. Reloaded the page and now I'm back in :)
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby dwayne » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:18 pm

There is/was a link on one of the forum pages to clear all cookies from this board. Buggered if I can find it now though....

And I'm in the process of rebuilding the laptop, so will never if it was the same problem :-)

Car: MY07 OBP 6MT GTBSTi

Postby Ric » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:30 pm

dwayne wrote:There is/was a link on one of the forum pages to clear all cookies from this board. Buggered if I can find it now though....

"Delete all board cookies" in the blue strip across the bottom of every page. :)
Ric
Site Admin

Return to Announcements