Welcome to phpBB3

News about this forum

Re: Welcome to phpBB3

Postby Digital » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:28 am

ya agreed, it won't be hard to get use to..

hey ric, since everything's fresh, how bout you reset all the post counts??

muuuuaughahahahahahha kidding.
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby Mano™ » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:30 am

Digital wrote:ya agreed, it won't be hard to get use to..

hey ric, since everything's fresh, how bout you reset all the post counts??

muuuuaughahahahahahha kidding.

That would still mean you would take a long time to catch up! :P hahahaa
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby Arith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:41 pm

LOL! That's true Mano. It's not the total post count that matters, but the average post per day. People who hardly post will still be at the bottom regardless.
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Ric » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Arith wrote:...
Hey Ric, sometimes when I reply to a post, the BBCode is turned off on the right hand side, so the [ quote ] doesn't work and neither does the smiley faces. Is there a way to turn it back on within the editing? By default BBCode is on, but on some post replies it gets switched off. Weird.[ /quote ]

I think it was "which forum" you were looking at. See here: viewtopic.php?p=77719#p77719
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby Sentinel » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Well done Ric - what you've done is no mean feat! Looks good and I reckon after a few nights, the functionality and usability will come to me! :good:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby gumbyy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:57 am

Hey Ric, is there any way to avoid the scrolling thing when posting attachments (pictures)?
Regardless of how I downsize the pics, the scrolling is always there.. thanks
:swoon:
gumbyy

Car: MY04 GT Sedan (Team Black)

Postby sublime » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:41 am

I couldn't find a site feedback section, so hope it's OK if I post some questions/suggestions here.

Is it possible that when we click on a link in a thread, it opens up in a new window rather than taking you directly to that site from your current page?

Is there anyway that when searching, you can search for specific wording in a sentence? i.e if searching for 'pod filter' it doesn't bring up posts containing both 'pod' and 'filter'?

Just a suggestion: to bring up where you enter your Username and Password from the bottom of the forum main page to the top.

Cheers
sublime

Car: MY06 GT Sedan

Postby gumbyy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:42 am

sublime wrote:Is it possible that when we click on a link in a thread, it opens up in a new window rather than taking you directly to that site from your current page?

Depending on your browser, just hold Shift or Ctrl when you click on links to do this! :wink:
:swoon:
gumbyy

Car: MY04 GT Sedan (Team Black)

Postby Ric » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 am

gumbyy wrote:Hey Ric, is there any way to avoid the scrolling thing when posting attachments (pictures)?
Regardless of how I downsize the pics, the scrolling is always there.. thanks

Are you talking horizontal scrolls, or vertical ones?

You will get horizontal scrolls if it's too wide, that depends on how wide your screen is.
You'll get vertical scrolls if it is more than 600 pixels high (including the height of the horizontal scroll bar if present).
You can do a single left-click on an image to see it full size when reading a post.
Ric
Site Admin

Postby Ric » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:24 am

sublime wrote:Is it possible that when we click on a link in a thread, it opens up in a new window rather than taking you directly to that site from your current page?

phpBB3 follows current web design practices, which dictate that new windows shouldn't be opened unless the user requests it.
As gumbyy suggesed, you can hold down shift when you click to force a new window to be opened.

Is there anyway that when searching, you can search for specific wording in a sentence? i.e if searching for 'pod filter' it doesn't bring up posts containing both 'pod' and 'filter'?

I'll have to look into that. I tought you could, but agree that it is currently finding posts that just contain both words.

Just a suggestion: to bring up where you enter your Username and Password from the bottom of the forum main page to the top.

Don't you use the automatic sign in? :)
Ric
Site Admin

Postby Ric » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:40 am

Update on searching.
I'm still looking into how to search for a precise expression using the built-in search, but you CAN use Google to do that search for you.
The limitations are:
  • It only works in the forums that guests can see, so it won't look in "Members Only" or the "Off topic lounge"
  • It won't find new posts until Google re-indexes this website, which can take a day or two.

Go to google.com or google.com.au
Enter this as your search query:
Code: Select all
site:forum.liberty.asn.au "pod filter"

which will take you to: http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q ... +filter%22
Ric
Site Admin

Postby sublime » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Ric wrote:

phpBB3 follows current web design practices, which dictate that new windows shouldn't be opened unless the user requests it.
As gumbyy suggesed, you can hold down shift when you click to force a new window to be opened.

I'll have to look into that. I tought you could, but agree that it is currently finding posts that just contain both words.

Don't you use the automatic sign in? :)

1. Will start doing that, thanks for the tip!
2. Thanks for looking into this, will use Google search in the mean time as you suggested.
3. I have ticked the automatic sign in box but it doesn't seem to do it, might have something to do with my browser - firefox?

Cheers
sublime

Car: MY06 GT Sedan

Postby Arith » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:11 am

Ric, have you completed the update? "Please be patient as we complete updating this board to the latest version of phpBB.
Contact admin(at)liberty.asn.au if you have trouble logging in." in big red bold letters at the top is getting distracting! :D

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Sentinel » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Arith wrote:Ric, have you completed the update? "Please be patient as we complete updating this board to the latest version of phpBB.
Contact admin(at)liberty.asn.au if you have trouble logging in." in big red bold letters at the top is getting distracting! :D

Haha - I was thinking that last night. That's why I jumped in here to make that suggestion. Great minds think alike Jim - you're just faster. LOL.
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby teK-- » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Yo Ric for some reason the last 3 days whilst I'm at work, the old forums still show up. When trying to log in it works fine, but then as soon as clicking on another page or the main index, it logs itself out again. Try logging in, and the same process happens.

It started happening around the same time as the "permission denied" error occurred.

We are on Telstra ADSL at work, but when I get home it's fine on Optus Cable. I have tried using the new IP addresses and forum3.liberty in the browser but no luck...
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements