New IP address for board

News about this forum

New IP address for board

Postby Ric » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Godaddy have shifted this website onto a new server, causing the IP address to change.
(Of course they didn't notify me until AFTER they did it! :evil: )

I have just updated the name server, to change from the old address (64.202.163.77), to the new one (72.167.183.42)

Hopefully this will just work for all of you. If you have trouble accessing the board in the next 24 hours, it should work itself out within an hour or two.

Email from Godaddy wrote:We've got great news for you! Today, we finished migrating your hosting account, liberty.asn.au, to a new server; you should start noticing improvements within 24 hours. Your visitors – they're really going to appreciate it!

The transition should've been seamless for you, unless you did not update your domain name's DNS settings, or your account hosts secondary domains or subdomains.

If this describes the situation you're in, you'll need to update the domains' primary IP addresses (A records) with whoever controls the domains' DNS (typically the company you used to register your domain) to:

Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Re: New IP address for board

Postby TomTom » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Hey Ric,

Looks like there has been a few issues over the past few months with random outages or slowness as well as a few mail issues: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22878

I'd just like to say if you want to save a bit of money and use a more reliable hosting provider, I've got a VPS with more than enough bandwidth and memory to handle running things (I'll host everything for free). I only use the server for a few low bandwidth websites, if you're interested I can set-up an FTP account and manage the overall hosting of things.

In terms of the blocked emails going out there are a few DNS adjustments you can add once on a IP that isn't blacklisted to help confirm the legitimacy of the sender.

(If only I knew this much about cars) :lol:
For sale - part out: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=26977
TomTom
formerly TomTheBomb

Car: MY08 Lib GT STI #167
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24291

Postby rooby » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Haha, that's a funny email.

You should have no troubles unless you didn't do that thing we didn't tell you to do.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby SegR » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Tell ya what - I manage another site & board with dreamhost. You think godaddy has issues? Never use dreamhost! (it's cheap and you get what you pay for. Some people don't care about a few hours (sometimes days) a month downtime.)
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Return to Announcements