Blocked emails

News about this forum

Blocked emails

Postby Ric » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:29 am

The board has started receiving a lot of bounced email messages when it sends out notifications.
This appears to be because some anti spam service has decided the Godaddy server is the source of too much spam.
They are simply looking at the IP address the email is coming from, which is shared by thousands of Godaddy customers.
I have complained to the blocking service, to no avail...

The bounce message look like this:
211.29.133.14 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 521 5.7.1 <####@optusnet.com.au>: Recipient address rejected: You are not allowed to send mail. Please see http://csi.cloudmark.com/reset-request/ ... 202.161.71 if you feel this is in error.
Giving up on 211.29.133.14.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Re: Blocked emails

Postby swingn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:51 am

Happening more & more these days mate... I've been experiencing bounce backs from customers I've been e-mailing for years, but suddenly their spam filter gets updated & now there's an issue :(
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby chris12 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:56 am

Yep, same here. I send attachments to clients all the time and sometimes they end up as spam. Definitely annoying.
chris12

Car: VW Golf GTI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24279

Postby satogixxer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:40 am

There's not much you can do about this Ric - it's mostly out of your control.

The IP address that I assume the forum mail is being sent from is on a number of blacklists - although none of which I would consider reputable personally. I would never use them since they all generate too many false positives. I guess Cloudmark might be using some of these too.

I find it interesting OptusNet (or Cloudmark) would use such unreliable RBL's, but more and more ISP's are simply becoming overly restrictive on spam hosts these days - they'd rather block anything that might be spam rather than is definitely spam and to hell with the consequences.

The only way around it would be to have the forum relay mail through a smart host that is not on a blacklist, but the web host provider might not allow you to do this anyway.... :roll:
[Liberty GT MY10 6MT]: STI bits | STI Brembo's + Dixcel | DAMD D-shape | Cusco coilovers & sways | HKS LA clutch | BLITZ pod | Plazmaman FMIC | Deshele built EJ25 | Emtron ECU | BorgWarner EFR 7670 | 369kw atw
[Outback 3R MY04]: Stock as a rock
Profile video here
satogixxer

Car: '10 Liberty GT 6MT + '04 Outback 3R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20495

Return to Announcements