‡‡‡ A word from Ric. Important, please read. ‡‡‡

News about this forum

Re: ‡‡‡ A word from Ric. Important, please read. ‡‡‡

Postby Arith » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:54 am

SegR wrote:Dicks will be dicks... membership fees or not.

Well some people don't want to pay for dick .... opps. Did I just say that? :oops:

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:23 am

Membership fees will give dicks who have paid for them more of a "well I paid to be here so I can say what I like" kind of attitude
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby swingn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:49 pm

^^^

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Basically there is no perfect solution, but IMHO when the big man (Ric) says something, we should all listen.

Lets face it guys & gals, this community exists because of him.

I do feel it is appropriate to show our appreciation in the form of a donation (Be it recognised / public or not) to compensate him for all his hard work & time. To me, that is just common courtesy :)
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:51 pm

swingn wrote:^^^

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Basically there is no perfect solution, but IMHO when the big man (Ric) says something, we should all listen.

Lets face it guys & gals, this community exists because of him.

I do feel it is appropriate to show our appreciation in the form of a donation (Be it recognised / public or not) to compensate him for all his hard work & time. To me, that is just common courtesy :)

Let's throw him a christmas party and shower him with gifts
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby Ben » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:20 pm

swingn wrote:I do feel it is appropriate to show our appreciation in the form of a donation (Be it recognised / public or not) to compensate him for all his hard work & time. To me, that is just common courtesy :)

This, it's not about dicks and paying (though I'm sure some of you do :P) it's about thanking Ric for his time spent minding the children and covering his costs.
Visit Sex Shop & Support My Mods.
Ben

Car: 2.0 STi

Postby GTB Liberty » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Whilst I always thought this was one of the more courteous forums - they'll always be moments / or individuals that will be inappropriate. I personally think this forum is excellent and would sadly miss it if Ric pulled the pin.

Unfortunately, keyboard warriors are multiplying quickly. Others forums where I participate the situation is much worse and the forums involved are worse for it.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Postby Greenman » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Good work Ric.
Greenman
formerly cal68

Car: MY11 CX9 GT Zoom Zoom

Postby garbo41610 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:20 am

Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby Greenman » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:28 am

Any chance of including a swear word filter?
I know we speak it .... But to read the "F" word every second paragraph is a bit distracting..... Emotions aside.
Just a suggestion.
Greenman
formerly cal68

Car: MY11 CX9 GT Zoom Zoom

Postby neilgero » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:40 am

Greenman wrote:Any chance of including a swear word filter?
I know we F@CKING speak it .... But to read the "F@CKING" word every second F@CKING paragraph is a bit F@CKING distracting..... Emotions F@CKED aside.
Just a F@CKING suggestion.

sorry. had to do it :assassin:
neilgero

Postby DJC » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:19 pm

How about we all "repay" Ric by doing what he asks and keeping the rude and ignorant posts to a minimum. Simple.
:::MY04 Regal Blue Liberty GT Premium:::
|Lowered King Springs|KiDo ECU tune|HID conversion|HKS Filter|LEDs|Slotted rotors|TB Quad Tip exhaust|more TBA...
DJC
-stickered-

Car: MY04 GT Regal Blue Sedan

Postby swingn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:03 pm

^^^

:clapping:

I think we've all gotten a bit off track - Which includes myself mind you :oops:
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby agan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:49 am

DJC wrote:How about we all "repay" Ric by doing what he asks and keeping the rude and ignorant posts to a minimum. Simple.

+1 - We really should appreciate and honor Ric for his work here - and if anything being courteous is the very LEAST we can do.

And i wouldn't be against a membership fee of some sort if it helps.
MY08 GT Spec.B Diamond Grey Sedan
agan

Car: MY08 GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18369

Postby MH3.0R » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:27 am

Ric,

With several members indicating they would not be opposed to an annual fee, why don't we run a pole on it? Even if it is just a token voluntary one to start with to help balance the books.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby B4 Dave » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:55 am

Jim wrote:Intersting.

Im all for it and agree that everyone needs to behave in order to have everything running smoothly. I personally havent been a member of this club for a long time considering the recent purchase of my Gen4, however i have been a member of the RSLC for over 5 years, along with some others on here. I have learnt a great deal and consider myself quite knowledgable to an extent in all things Subaru. Getting hands on will do that. (Trying not to blow my own horn here).

So far my experience here has been of a good one, although not everyone will agree on things as it is a forum, its just the way it is with many opinions and experiences.

However i have a bit of an issue in regards to the proposed bashing the "report button" 3-strikes out, when you dont agree with someone and find it offensive.

Recently i was involved in a discussion here in which i had extensive knowledge and had done everything in the book myself ect. The problem was while trying to give sound advice and do's and dont's, it was seen as a personal attack on someones ideas. So if old mate had hammered the "report" button in protest to the information i was giving, does this even get investigated? I hardly think moderators have time and patience to decide whos right and wrong. Let alone want to play mediator between people.

I just dont want to see something like this abused and people being removed without just cause. I think the most important thing here is to just be mature about it and do your own personal resolving, it shouldnt be the job of moderators to have to do this. Obviously every now and then you'll get trolls who just want to stir shit and removing them is a given.

Not everyone will get along with everyone else and share the same opinions ect but surely we're all mature enough to sort out our own issues, again, it shouldnt be a moderators job to do that.

Jim,
I agree with you, if i am correct your talking about comments you made to that bloke building the EJ25 with the B4 twin turbo manifold setup looking for 200+KW ATW. Nothing you said in that thread was abusive or denegrating and whilst the other bloke felt that it was unfair critisism I think most others who read it would have taken it for what it was, been there tried that, learn from my mistakes.

I think the 3 strikes rule has to be restricetd to those sort of comments that basically say "your all a bunch of F#$@ wits and I don't care what you think or say" or anything threatening. I mean the only point of being on this forum is to put forth your opinions or knowledge about a common subject or in turn to learn something from others who have done it before.

If you don't care what others think why are you here????????

I also agree with DJC, all Ric really wants is for some of us to grow up and treat each other with a bit of respect.
MY 02 BE Liberty B4, current mods 3"TBE and exceedy heavy duty clutch, STI pink springs rear, King springs front,Whiteline sway bars front and rear, whiteline antilift kit. Future mods, tune.
MY07 JDM GT-B wagon sti edition with 6 speed manual. 3" TBE with stock mufflers.
B4 Dave

Car: MY02 B4 & MY07JDM GT-B Wagon

Previous

Return to Announcements