‡‡‡ A word from Ric. Important, please read. ‡‡‡

News about this forum

Re: ‡‡‡ A word from Ric. Important, please read. ‡‡‡

Postby MY-25-GT » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Most certainly in agreement!!
Modifications: STI rear spoiler - STI front lip - STI front strut brace - 19inch HSP lexani wheels - SPT air intake - HKS dump pipe - Redback cat back exhuast system - Custom carbon fiber front grill
Future plans: Tech S Tein springs - tint rear lights - HID fog lights and parkers - Boost Guage - Rear Diffuser
MY-25-GT
formerly auz1234

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Postby swingn » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Sorry to hear about all this Ric.

I'm all for what your talking about... It is a shame that it has come to this, but as the community grows, I guess things were bound to change etc.

As many of you know, I left for Subaru fraternity awhile ago, but have stuck around due to the friendly nature of the members here & to share what knowledge I gain in the time I was Liberty owner. Without a doubt (Through the hard work of Ric) this is one of the best forums I've taken part of & I sincerely hope it's still around for the long run :D

If there's anything I can do to help out mate, don't hesitate to ask.

PS - I'm all for making a small donation to compensate you for your time & effort. As a long term & active member, I think it's the very least we can offer... I'm sure a lot of the regulars would agree.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby Jtek » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:23 pm

How about a one off membership payment of say $20 and in return receive a club sticker or two. Anyone that doesn't pay gets the guest's rights (viewing only, no posts or for sale access).
Jtek

Car: MY05 Lib GT

Postby swingn » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:52 pm

^^^

Not a good idea... This is purely a car forum / community, not an official car club (IE: CAMS affiliated)... Having to pay a membership fee would turn off a lot of people & at the end of the day, we do want the community to grow.

VWW (VW Watercooled) actually ask for donations ($20.00) & in return your username is highlighted as a contributor, you get a club sticker & "VWW" e-mail address... E-mail address aside (Don't think many people would use it or care about it), that is the best way to encourage people to contribute.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby Jtek » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:57 am

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, pay $20, be noted as a contributor and get a free club sticker. Worth a go imo Ric, even if you are not out of pocket a whole lot, your time and knowledge (and everyone elses) is worth paying for.
Jtek

Car: MY05 Lib GT

Postby lozza » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:00 am

Sorry to hear the news, Ric....

I really believe people should think about what they've just written and the impact it would have on anyone reading it, before pressing the submit button :mrgreen:
TEAM BLACK slightly modified

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9232&start=0
lozza

Car: 07LibGTBtbSTI

Postby neilgero » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 pm

swingn wrote:^^^

Not a good idea... This is purely a car forum / community, not an official car club (IE: CAMS affiliated)... Having to pay a membership fee would turn off a lot of people & at the end of the day, we do want the community to grow.

VWW (VW Watercooled) actually ask for donations ($20.00) & in return your username is highlighted as a contributor, you get a club sticker & "VWW" e-mail address... E-mail address aside (Don't think many people would use it or care about it), that is the best way to encourage people to contribute.

not necessarily true, paid memebership would make people appreciate the forum that much more as they have to pay to play so to speak.

extra incentives like maybe a shoutbox, vip section, 'paid member status to use features' thingo will help convert people to buying membership.

check out http://www.jzx100.com as an example. its $12 for a one year membership, $50 for lifetime, and youd be suprised how many people sign up for membership. with the money the forum owner has not only enough funds to guarantee the future of the site for a greate deal of time, hes expanded it signed a new server to, it faster and intro alot more features to for the enjoyment of members and non-members alike. i think this is something rik should contemplate and if you'd like rik i can put you intouch with the ower of said forum.

as for conflict resolution, i think proper moderators are needed and most importanly basic courteousy and respect between members, its a shame due to the computer age that people have lost this basic trait. imagine what grandma would say :(
neilgero

Postby Ben » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Happy to pay a small fee to help out!

Doesn't have to be special at all, just a paid membership, maybe a sticker or a coffee mug (I hate stickers) ;-)
Visit Sex Shop & Support My Mods.
Ben

Car: 2.0 STi

Postby Hobber » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Has anyone told Ric to get fcuked yet?

:mrgreen:

(j/k!)
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby Arith » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Hobber wrote:Has anyone told Ric to get fcuked yet?

:mrgreen:

(j/k!)

Report! Report!

LOL! :lol:

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby myname » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:23 pm

+1 for a small donation.
Also, maybe some of your long term members could be deputised as moderators to lighten your load.
I read the forums at least once a week and even though I rarely have anything to contribute I would miss the site if it went away.
myname

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Intersting.

Im all for it and agree that everyone needs to behave in order to have everything running smoothly. I personally havent been a member of this club for a long time considering the recent purchase of my Gen4, however i have been a member of the RSLC for over 5 years, along with some others on here. I have learnt a great deal and consider myself quite knowledgable to an extent in all things Subaru. Getting hands on will do that. (Trying not to blow my own horn here).

So far my experience here has been of a good one, although not everyone will agree on things as it is a forum, its just the way it is with many opinions and experiences.

However i have a bit of an issue in regards to the proposed bashing the "report button" 3-strikes out, when you dont agree with someone and find it offensive.

Recently i was involved in a discussion here in which i had extensive knowledge and had done everything in the book myself ect. The problem was while trying to give sound advice and do's and dont's, it was seen as a personal attack on someones ideas. So if old mate had hammered the "report" button in protest to the information i was giving, does this even get investigated? I hardly think moderators have time and patience to decide whos right and wrong. Let alone want to play mediator between people.

I just dont want to see something like this abused and people being removed without just cause. I think the most important thing here is to just be mature about it and do your own personal resolving, it shouldnt be the job of moderators to have to do this. Obviously every now and then you'll get trolls who just want to stir shit and removing them is a given.

Not everyone will get along with everyone else and share the same opinions ect but surely we're all mature enough to sort out our own issues, again, it shouldnt be a moderators job to do that.
Jim

Car: MY07 GT-B

Postby MH3.0R » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Ric et al,

I am in favour of a paid membership and the naughty corner using a 3 strikes rule (that is 3 bad posts full stop, regardless, no exceptions). I know it is not about the money Ric, but the depreciation and costs of replacements/repairs is a genuine overhead, along with electricity and carbon tax! A subscription might also reduce the moderator work load.

Also, as with several other members, there are many of us who can facilitate resolutions for our nasty folk, we could help out with moderating, even on a roster basis or you could just manage the moderators by flick passing any issues to the trusted few. Helps to reduce your workload too.

Maybe you should introduce our own "hoon laws". Pull the plug on them, 1st strike, 30 days, 2nd strike 3 months, 3rd strike gone forever! Also consider the $20 fees for initial membership per year, and to come back after every offence! Amazing how your workload will drop and how clean this forum will become.

This forum is too good to loose guys.

Kind Regards,

Mark.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby SegR » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:54 am

I'm not against contributing to Ric for his effort in keeping this board up and running, however I'm not sure why anyone thinks it'll make a difference.

Dicks will be dicks... membership fees or not.
Team Beards
Beards Don't Kill People, People With Beards Kill People.
SegR

Car: MY05 3.0R sedan, black
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14605

Postby senator » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:49 am

SegR wrote:I'm not against contributing to Ric for his effort in keeping this board up and running, however I'm not sure why anyone thinks it'll make a difference.

Dicks will be dicks... membership fees or not.

+1....
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements